(page 2, column 19, row 1)
(page 2, column 9, row 4)
Scapular is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Once per room, when Isaac is reduced to his last half heart (either red, soul, or black), the aura around his head temporarily vanishes and he is granted one Soul Heart.
- After re-entering a room, the ability can be triggered again.
- With Bone Hearts, the effect triggers on both half-filled and empty ones.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the scapular is activated and you're already at your last half heart, the scapular won't trigger, even if you take fatal damage.
- Using a Blood Donation Machine will trigger Scapular once you reach one-half heart. Leaving the room afterward and then re-entering resets Scapular, allowing you to donate blood further using Soul Hearts. Repeating this process after every Scapular activation will allow you to farm coins from the Blood Donation Machine until it breaks.
- Scapular allows you to freely farm Sacrifice Rooms. If performing a sacrifice reduces you to half a heart, Scapular triggers and Isaac will gain a soul heart. Just exit and re-enter the Sacrifice Room and perform another sacrifice. You will lose a soul heart and then immediately regain it. Repeat as necessary.
- Scapular does not charge between waves in Greed Mode, though it can still be recharged by moving between rooms.
- Does not work with The Lost or Keeper, as they cannot reach the required heart value.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Habit: If Isaac only has half a heart left and can access a reliable source of repeatable damage (e.g. fire or spikes), then this can be used to recharge an activated item as many times as wanted.
- IV Bag: The IV Bag uses Soul Hearts when at half a red heart, which can be used to obtain unlimited money.
- Piggy Bank, Swallowed Penny, Fanny Pack: Allows Isaac to gain infinite money or pickups using a source of repeatable damage.
- Infestation, Spider Baby: Isaac can have unlimited flies or spiders respectively if he finds a reliable source of repeatable damage.
- The Wafer + Sharp Plug: Infinite item recharges. At half a heart, Isaac will gain a soul heart, which, upon activation of the activated item, will trigger the Sharp Plug damage, which will be absorbed by the Soul Heart, causing the Scapular to trigger again. Without The Wafer, Sharp Plug will kill Isaac.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
EASX 92JD (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
B7W3 3HQ9 (First floor treasure room)
4G3S SVNB (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn (if The Halo has not been unlocked))
4ENG XYYW (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn, Normal Mode. Includes Gimpy, Dead Cat, and The Wafer)
GSSV HL2M (First floor treasure room)
JW0T PBNC (First floor treasure room)
SCHS XTT4 (Second floor treasure room)
S6EY 7YZT (First floor treasure room (west); Curse of the Labyrinth)
QAEQ VRDP (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
FPC7 G387 (First floor treasure room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|