From Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Scolex is invulnerable to damage. Only his tail, which constantly blinks, can be damaged.
- Jumps out of the ground towards the player, then burrows back into the ground. This attack is repeated multiple times. If Scolex is hit by any explosion, he will be deflected back from the explosion when in midair.
- When Scolex's head pops out, he will shoot multiple blood shots of various sizes, similar to Monstro.
- When Scolex's tail pops out, he will fire three Ipecac shots at the player.
Champion Versions[edit | edit source]
- Black: Scolex is larger, slower, and has more health.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes, several Lumps, Para-Bites, or Round Worms can accompany Scolex at the start of the battle.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! In Hard, Greed and Greedier Mode, black champion Scolex's sprite will be replaced with that of a second form The Frail, who has an upside-down tail. This is primarily a visual bug and the Frail will have all of Scolex's attacks and AI, though the tail's hitbox will be slightly misplaced. However, when it sticks its tail out of the ground to attack, the tail will be invincible, and when it sticks its head out of the ground, it is able to be harmed.
Bug! When Scolex is slowed, some of his body parts may detach or won't even show up - they will only be visible while entering the ground (especially the tail).
Bug! If the final vulnerable segment of Scolex's tail is destroyed using the Chaos Card, the boss will glitch and become harder to kill. The tail will appear again if his head gets bombed or he hits Isaac.
Bug! If you petrify Scolex (with Mom's Contacts or other similar items) when it is in mid-air, you can damage any segment of its body.
Bug! If you fire immediately upon entering the Boss Room, rarely, you can damage Scolex before it emerges.
Bug! If Scolex is under the effects of Broken Modem in mid-air, his jump will be stopped and he will fall.
Bug! If Scolex is frozen with Midas' Touch and attacked, he can split into two halves, one with his head and one with his tail.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Scolex can be considered an older or younger version of Pin, but not a posthumous one (that title goes to The Frail).
- A scolex is the name given to the head of a tapeworm.
- Scolex was present in the original Binding of Isaac.
- Compared to the original Binding of Isaac, Scolex's head and tail attacks are swapped.
|Chapter 1|| Blighted Ovum • Dingle • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Fistula • Gemini • Gurdy Jr. • Gurglings • The Haunt • Larry Jr. • Monstro • Pin • Steven • Widow |
Dangle • Little Horn • Rag Man • Turdlings
|Chapter 2|| C.H.A.D. • Chub • Dark One • Gurdy • Gurdy Jr. • The Hollow • The Husk • Mega Fatty • Mega Maw • Peep • Pestilence • Polycephalus • Carrion Queen • The Wretched |
The Forsaken • The Frail • The Stain
Big Horn • Rag Mega
|Chapter 3|| The Adversary • The Bloat • The Cage • Carrion Queen • The Gate • Gish • Loki • Mask of Infamy • Monstro II • War • The Wretched • Mom |
|Chapter 4||Blastocyst • The Bloat • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Death • It Lives • Lokii • Mama Gurdy • Mom's Heart • Mr. Fred • Scolex • Teratoma • Triachnid|
|Chapter 5||The Fallen • Isaac • Satan|
|Chapter 6||??? • The Lamb • Mega Satan|
|Greed Mode|| Ultra Greed |
|Chapters 1-4||The Fallen • The Headless Horseman|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|