Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Scolex is invulnerable to damage. Only his tail, which constantly blinks, can be damaged.
- Jumps out of the ground towards the player, then burrows back into the ground. This attack is repeated multiple times. If Scolex is hit by any explosion, he will be deflected back from the explosion when in midair.
- When Scolex's head pops out, he will shoot multiple blood shots of various sizes, similar to Monstro.
- When Scolex's tail pops out, he will fire three Red IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth. shots at the player.
Champion Versions[edit | edit source]
- Black: Scolex is larger, slower, and has more health.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Scolex as one of Delirium's forms.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes, several Lumps, Para-Bites, or Round Worms can accompany Scolex at the start of the battle.
- Try not to get in a corner, as scolex's head attack can easily damage you If you don't have a good enough speed stat.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Scolex appeared in the original The Binding of Isaac.
- Scolex can be considered an older or younger version of Pin, but not a posthumous one (that title goes to The Frail).
- A scolex is the name of the head of a tapeworm.
- Compared to the original Binding of Isaac, Scolex's head and tail attacks are swapped.
- Scolex bears some resemblance to a mythological Mongolian Death Worm, which are described as long, scaly, and blood red. It also raises half its body out of the sand and covers its prey with a lethal acidic substance, which is somewhat similar to Scolex's head attack.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|