Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Scolex is invulnerable to damage. Only his tail, which constantly blinks, can be damaged.
- Jumps out of the ground towards the player, then burrows back into the ground. This attack is repeated multiple times. If Scolex is hit by an explosion, he will be deflected back from the explosion when in midair.
- When Scolex's head pops out, he will shoot multiple blood shots of various sizes, similar to Monstro.
- When Scolex's tail pops out, he will fire three Red Ipecac shots at the player.
Champion Versions [edit | edit source]
- Dark Grey: Scolex is 15% larger, slower, and has 25% more HP (375).
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Scolex as one of Delirium's forms.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes, several Lumps, Para-Bites, or Round Worms can accompany Scolex at the start of the battle.
- Try not to get in a corner, as scolex's head attack can easily damage you If you don't have a good enough speed stat.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Scolex appeared in the original The Binding of Isaac.
- Scolex can be considered an older or younger version of Pin, but not a posthumous one (that title goes to The Frail).
- A scolex is the name of the head of a tapeworm.
- Compared to the original Binding of Isaac, Scolex's head and tail attacks are swapped.
- Scolex bears some resemblance to a mythological Mongolian Death Worm, which are described as long, scaly, and blood red. It also raises half its body out of the sand and covers its prey with a lethal acidic substance, which is somewhat similar to Scolex's head attack.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|