Secret Rooms are rooms that are not normally visible on the map and must be bombed into to access. Regular secret rooms are usually located next to 2 to 4 rooms, while super secret rooms can only be next to one room. Very rarely, the regular secret room may also be located next to only one room. Entrances to Secret Rooms will never have rocks or gaps in the way. Secret Rooms usually contain at least one shopkeeper. Secret Rooms stay open after bombing them.
Possible Spawns[edit | edit source]
- 3, 6, or 9 pennies
- A Slot Machine
- 3 random pickups
- 2 TNT barrels and a chest
- 3 pills
- 3 bomb pickups
- A lil' battery
- 2 keys
- 2 bomb pickups and 4 shopkeepers
- A key and a Key Master
- A golden poop and 3 shopkeepers
- 20 mushrooms and a 1+1 free bomb
- A corny poop
- 10 mushrooms
- 4 spiders and random pickups
- An item from the secret room pool
- An item behind pits, rocks, fires, spikes, and/or iron blocks, and 6 shopkeepers
- 2 random pickups behind rocks and key blocks
- A nickel and 3 shopkeepers
- 1-2 Reward Plates
- A sack and a Restock Machine
- 2 sacks
- 6 mushrooms and a troll bomb next to the shopkeeper
- An item, two chests, and 3 black flies
- An item behind iron blocks, 4 purple fires, and 5 shopkeepers
Seeds[edit | edit source]
927Q 481S (Secret Room above Treasure Room is not attached to any others)
Super Secret Rooms[edit | edit source]
Super Secret Rooms are only located next to one other room, and this room can't be a special room (item, shop, boss, etc.). Each Super Secret room has set drops depending on the floor. Note that the type of Super Secret Room is not limited to certain floors it mimics (e.g. one can find a Womb-themed Super Secret Room in the Depths).
Possible Spawns[edit | edit source]
|ID||Floor layout||Contents||Image preview|
|0||The Womb||8 Red Hearts. Only red hearts can spawn in this room, regardless of any items. If you let Dark Bum collect the hearts, he will drop red hearts instead of soul hearts. Allow him to pick up the hearts and leave the room quickly, where he will drop the soul hearts or black hearts outside.|
|1||Cathedral||Eternal Heart. Only eternal hearts can spawn in this room, regardless of any items used. For example, using The Jar will drop Eternal Hearts on the ground instead of regular hearts. Using VI - The Lovers or V - The Hierophant will do the same, too.|
|3||Necropolis||Fortune Telling Machine.|
|4||The Cellar||Random trinket.|
|5||The Basement||5 pills.|
|6||Library||Black Heart. Only black hearts can spawn in this room, regardless of items used. This applies to VI - The Lovers, and similar items.|
|7||Dark Room||Black Heart.|
|4 Nulls and 5 pills or runes.|
|8||Burning Basement||A Shopkeeper, 2 Bomb Chests, 3 TNT, and 18 Fire Places, including Red Fire Places.|
|9||Flooded Caves||A black poop surrounded by 6 spikes.|
|10||I AM ERROR||Can include any of the following: Mom's Hand, Rag Man, random pickups, chests, cards, trinkets, pills and items.|
|11||The Womb||4 red poops and 3 Double Hearts.|
|12||Cathedral||3 Soul Hearts, 2 Blue Fire Places and an angel Statue in the center which will drop its key piece upon death.|
|13||Sheol||3 Black Hearts and 2 Black Globin's Heads.|
|14||Shop||A Beggar and a Blood Donation Machine.|
|15||The Womb||A red poop, 3 Black Flies and a random amount of Red Hearts and Half Red Hearts. It can also contain a random amount of any other heart types, except Double Hearts.|
|16||Cathedral||A rainbow poop, 3 Black Flies and 2 Eternal Hearts.|
|17||Sheol||A black poop, 3 Black Flies and 6 Red Chests.|
|18||Shop||3 Slot Machines and 2 Fortune Telling Machines.|
|19||The Basement||A red poop, 9 pills and 3 Black Flies.|
Greed Mode[edit | edit source]
In Greed Mode, Super Secret Rooms have different layouts.
|ID||Floor layout||Contents||Image preview|
|0||The Womb||5 Red Hearts; only Red Hearts can spawn in this room, regardless of items used.|
|2||The Caves||3 Keys.|
|3||Burning Basement||3 Bombs.|
|4||Cathedral||2 Soul Hearts.|
|5||Library||A Black Heart.|
|6||The Chest||A Chest; small chance to spawn another type of chest instead.|
|7||The Chest||A Bomb Chest.|
|8||Sheol||A Red Chest.|
|9||The Basement||4 pills.|
|11||The Cellar||4 Lil' Batteries.|
|12||Dark Room||2 runes.|
|13||Sheol||2 Red Chests.|
|14||The Cellar||2 trinkets.|
|15||The Cellar||A trinket.|
|17||I AM ERROR||A trapdoor to the next floor.|
|18||The Basement||17 piles of poop.|
|19||The Shop||A Golden Bomb.|
|20||The Shop||A golden poop.|
|21||The Shop||A Golden Key.|
|22||The Catacombs||A random item from the Greed mode Treasure Room pool.|
|23||The Chest||2 Locked Chests.|
|24||Cathedral||1 Eternal Heart.|
|25||The Womb||1 Half Red Heart.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Secret rooms are found by bombing the middle of a wall in a standard size room. For larger size rooms, divide the room mentally into the size of individual rooms to figure out where to bomb. For closet-size rooms, Secret rooms will never be found by bombing the sides but may be found by bombing the wall at the end of the closet.
- Rooms adjacent to secret rooms will always have a clear, walkable path to the middle of the wall where you can set a bomb. Secret Room entrances are never found in front of gaps, obstacles, or spikes. All the rooms next to a Secret Room must satisfy these requirements, so if one room near a suspicious gap in the map fails these requirements, then look elsewhere.
- Cobwebs are sometimes next to Secret Room entrances.
- If there are no valid Secret Room locations surrounded by 3 or 4 rooms, it is possible for a Secret Room to be adjacent to only 1 or 2 rooms.
- X-Ray Vision opens all available entrances to both the secret room and the super secret room. The I Can See Forever pill does the same for the floor on which the pill was used. Dog Tooth will play a howl sound effect if adjacent to a Secret Room or Super Secret room, and YO LISTEN! will hover over secret room entrances.
- Teleportation items can randomly teleport Isaac into Secret Rooms, and XVIII - The Moon card will always teleport Isaac to the Secret Room.
- Secret Rooms are revealed on the map with Crystal Ball, Book of Secrets, XXI - The World card, XIX - The Sun card, Spelunker Hat, Blue Map, or The Mind, but you'll still need to open their entrance.
- Black Flies and Spiders can sometimes be found in the room, and you won't be able to exit the Secret Room until you clear out the enemies.
- If Greed or Super Greed spawn into the Secret Room, you won't be able to exit it (like a Mini-Boss room), but once the fight ends, all the exits of the Secret Room will be accessible.
- Secret Rooms can exist next to all types of rooms except Boss Rooms, allowing certain restricted rooms to be entered.
- Even if you have no keys, it is possible to bomb into a locked special room should there exist an adjacent Secret Room. Leaving through the door will unlock the room without requiring a key.
- It is possible to enter Curse Rooms without taking damage by bombing in from a secret room.
- It is possible to access Challenge Rooms even if you don't meet the health requirements, but it is not possible to "steal" the items, as the hole will be blocked up as soon as the fighting stage begins. However, items can still be stolen by using Telepills or other teleportation items. The Challenge Room will not be accessible from the Secret Room if the Secret Room contained a fight with Super Greed. Boards will remain over the entrance to the challenge room even after the fight is over.
- Super secret rooms replace the dead-end room that would require the 2nd most rooms walked through from the start room to access, and cannot be connected to the secret room.
- For reference, the Boss Room takes the dead-end room that would require the most rooms walked through, and the Shop takes the room that would require the 3rd most. This means that the Super Secret Room is equally as far or further from the start room than the Shop. It also means the Super Secret Room tends to be close to the Boss Room. Loops and large rooms connected to more than one room on any given side can tamper with this logic, however.
- Super Secret Rooms can have layouts from floors the player hasn't unlocked yet.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the original Binding of Isaac, secret rooms worked differently; if the player left a room after opening a secret room entrance, the entrance would close. To open the room, the player needed another bomb to open the entrance.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|