We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
| Serpent's Kiss|
|The kiss of death|
|Defeat Satan as Lilith|
(Page 4, Column 8, Row 2)
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Grants a chance to fire poison tears, dealing damage over time when inflicted.
- Inflicts poison on enemies who make contact with the character.
- Enemies who are killed after they have been inflicted with this type of poison have a 20% chance to drop Black Hearts.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The contact and poison effects of this item are identical to The Virus , but does not include a Speed down.
- This item and The Virus are the two only poison sources to have a chance to drop black hearts.
- Enemies and bosses with multiple segments, such as Chub and Larry Jr., have a chance to drop multiple Black Hearts.
- The enemy does not need to be killed by the poison or still be poisoned when killed for the Black Hearts to drop.
- Although Stonies and Shopkeepers can't be visibly poisoned, they still can drop Black Hearts if destroyed after being touched.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Tech X : The laser will poison enemies but never generates black hearts.
- Technology : The laser will poison enemies but never generates black hearts.
- Technology 2 : The laser will poison enemies but never generates black hearts.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Athame : The black ring created by the Athame applies the poison from Serpent's Kiss. This means enemies killed will have a higher chance to drop black hearts.
- Invulnerability: Contact while invincible poisons enemies.
- Euthanasia / Little Horn : Allows harvesting endless black hearts from Stone Grimaces as they can be (invisibly) poisoned by touching them, then destroyed with Euthanasia/Little Horn and made to respawn by leaving the room.
- Scorpio : Grants the character a 100% chance of firing poison tears.
- Second Hand : Extends the duration that enemies stay poisoned, dealing more damage over time.
- Soy Milk : The low damage and high fire rate increases the chance of enemies and bosses being poisoned.
- The Common Cold : Adds to the chance of firing poison tears, based on the character's Luck stat.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Most likely referencing Viper (Madame Hydra), who has green lipstick and has transmitted poison through hollow fangs or poisoned lipstick before.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
NFMD MEVX (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
E14Y Q0Z7 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
QZC2 FNKQ (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
7BXL YJFT (Treasure room two down from spawn then one to the left )
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|