Effects[edit | edit source]
- Grants a chance to fire poison tears, dealing damage over time when inflicted.
- Inflicts poison on enemies who make contact with the character.
- Enemies who are killed after they have been inflicted with this type of poison have a 20% chance to drop Black Hearts.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The contact and poison effects of this item are identical to The VirusInflicts poison to enemies who make contact with Isaac. Speed down., but does not include a Speed down.
- This item and The VirusInflicts poison to enemies who make contact with Isaac. Speed down. are the two only poison sources to have a chance to drop black hearts.
- Enemies and bosses with multiple segments, such as Chub and Larry Jr., have a chance to drop multiple Black Hearts.
- The enemy does not need to be killed by the poison or still be poisoned when killed for the Black Hearts to drop.
- Although Stonies and Shopkeepers can't be visibly poisoned, they still can drop Black Hearts if destroyed after being touched.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: The laser will poison enemies but never generates black hearts.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: The laser will poison enemies but never generates black hearts.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: The laser will poison enemies but never generates black hearts.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- AthameWhenever Isaac takes damage, a black ring briefly appears around Isaac, dealing damage to all nearby enemies.: The black ring created by the Athame applies the poison from Serpent's Kiss. This means enemies killed will have a higher chance to drop black hearts.
- Invulnerability: Contact while invincible poisons enemies.
- EuthanasiaAdds a chance to fire needles. If a needle kills an enemy, it bursts into more needles./ Little HornAdds a chance to fire a piercing tear that instantly kills any enemy that it touches.: Allows harvesting endless black hearts from Stone Grimaces as they can be (invisibly) poisoned by touching them, then destroyed with Euthanasia/Little Horn and made to respawn by leaving the room.
- ScorpioGrants poison tears, which deal damage over time when inflicted.: Grants the character a 100% chance of firing poison tears.
- Second HandIncreases the time that status effects stay on enemies.: Extends the duration that enemies stay poisoned, dealing more damage over time.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: The low damage and high fire rate increases the chance of enemies and bosses being poisoned.
- The Common ColdAdds a chance to shoot poison tears, dealing damage over time when inflicted.: Adds to the chance of firing poison tears, based on the character's Luck stat.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Most likely referencing Viper (Madame Hydra), who has green lipstick and has transmitted poison through hollow fangs or poisoned lipstick before.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
NFMD MEVX (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
E14Y Q0Z7 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
QZC2 FNKQ (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
7BXL YJFT (Treasure room two down from spawn then one to the left )
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|