Sharp Plug is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- If Isaac's current activated item has no charges, attempting to activate the item fully recharges it in exchange for two hearts of Isaac's health.
- If the item has any charges, the Sharp Plug will not work.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If Isaac has less than two black or soul hearts, it will remove them but will not remove any red hearts.
- The Lost does not benefit from this item unless they have a respawn because their active item's charge will not refill if the Holy MantleAutomatically negates first taken damage in every room. effect activates. Sharp Plug only activates upon receiving actual damage.
- When used by Keeper, it will only drain one coin heart.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Blank CardHas the same effect as the card or rune currently held by Isaac.: Grants infinite health when combined with XIX - The SunRestores full health, deals 100 damage to all enemies in the room, and reveals the map for the current floor, except the Super Secret Room.. Other cards such as V - The HierophantSpawns 2 soul hearts. and VI - The LoversDrops 2 full red hearts. If used in a black heart or eternal heart-containing Super Secret Room, it will spawn those types of hearts instead. result in no net loss of health and can be used to trigger items that activate upon taking damage.
- Bone hearts: A bone heart that isn't empty can absorb the damage from the sharp plug without being destroyed, allowing charging at a lower cost. An empty bone heart can also absorb the damage fully, though is destroyed in the process.
- CancerAdds 3 soul hearts. Grants The Wafer effect for the current room upon taking damage.: Repeated uses within the same room cost only half a heart.
- The GamekidUpon use, turns the character into a into a Pac-Man-like creature for 5 seconds, granting invulnerability, inflicting fear on all enemies, and replenishing half a red heart container for every two enemies killed.: If Isaac has red heart containers, killing four enemies negates the health cost, and killing more results in a net gain of health.
- PyromaniacIsaac heals 1 heart instead of taking damage from an explosive source. Adds 5 bombs.: Isaac can regenerate the lost health with bombs, essentially allowing 2 bombs to be converted to a full item recharge.
- Pyromaniac + IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth./ Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide a fixed range after being fired./ Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: If Isaac has enough heart containers, the explosions can be used to heal him, granting infinite item recharges.
- ScapularOnce per room, when Isaac is reduced to his last half red Heart, the aura around his head temporarily vanishes and he is granted one Soul Heart.: At half a heart, Isaac will gain a soul heart. As long as Isaac has a red heart container, the soul heart will absorb Sharp Plug's damage, causing the Scapular to trigger again as long as it has not already triggered in the current room.
- The WaferAll sources of damage that would cause more than one half heart of damage are reduced to one half heart instead.: Reduces the health cost to half a heart.
- The Wafer + Book of RevelationsAdds 1 soul heart, increases the chance for a Devil or Angel Room to appear, and increases the chance for the next boss to be a Horseman (except on XL floors and floors with fixed bosses such as Mom).: Grants unlimited soul hearts.
- The Wafer + The GamekidUpon use, turns the character into a into a Pac-Man-like creature for 5 seconds, granting invulnerability, inflicting fear on all enemies, and replenishing half a red heart container for every two enemies killed.: If Isaac has red heart containers, only one enemy needs to be killed to negate the health cost.
- The Wafer + The NailAdds one soul heart and allows the breaking of rocks and damaging enemies by simply walking over them. Increases damage and decreases speed. All effects except for the Soul Heart wear off upon leaving the room.: Grants unlimited soul hearts.
- The Wafer + Prayer CardGrants an eternal heart per use.: Two uses produces a filled heart container, allowing a player to max out their heart containers at no net cost of hearts.
- The Wafer + Satanic BibleUpon activation, Isaac gains a black heart.: Grants unlimited black hearts.
- The Wafer + Yum HeartRestores 1 whole red heart.: Allows for unlimited regeneration of red hearts.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- 9 VoltReduces the charge of any Activated Items by 1. Any 1 charge items instead have timed recharges.: Renders the Sharp Plug unusable. Sharp Plug can only be used if the item is at 0 charge, but 9 Volt instantly gives 1 charge to the item upon activation.
- Breath of LifeGrants a brief moment of invincibility when the charge bar hits zero. If spacebar is held for an additional second after hitting zero, Isaac will take damage.: When the charge for Breath of Life reaches zero, the Sharp Plug will immediately take effect if the player continues to hold the Use Item button, dealing 2 hearts of damage.
- Holy MantleAutomatically negates first taken damage in every room.: Holy Mantle blocks the damage from Sharp Plug if the shield is active, but also keeps Isaac's active item from charging. Using Sharp Plug again in the same room will cause it to function normally.
- Isaac's HeartIsaac himself is now immune to all damage, and a heart familiar appears and follows Isaac. If the heart is hurt, Isaac is hurt.: Renders the Sharp Plug unusable.
- Mega BlastUpon use, Isaac fires a laser similar to the one used by Mega Satan. This laser deals massive damage, lasts for approximately 15 seconds, and persists between rooms. Isaac is pushed backwards by the force of the laser while it is active.: Sharp Plug will not work with Mega Blast, yet it will charge other 12 room charge items normally.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Seed[edit | edit source]
BKXE 1ZBZ (First floor shop, The Wafer and A Quarter in an urn in first floor treasure room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|