A shop is a room that sells various items in exchange for pennies. Shops require a key to open (unless Isaac holds Store KeyAutomatically opens all Shops.) and appear in chapters 1, 2, and 3 (and 4 if Isaac holds Silver DollarShops appear in Chapter 4.). One also appears in ???. Only one shop will spawn in these floors, even when under the effect of Curse of the Labyrinth.
In Greed mode, Shops are twice as wide as usual and do not require a key to enter. It always contains a key, a red heart, an item from the Greed mode shop pool, an item from the Greed mode boss pool, and two random pickups, trinkets, or items from the Greed mode treasure room pool. A new item will spawn after an item is purchased, as if Isaac is under the effect of RestockCauses shops to instantly restock their items when they are bought. Granted by default for every character in Greed Mode..
Merchandise[edit | edit source]
- Shops can sell red hearts for 3 pennies. They can also sell soul hearts, bombs, keys, batteries, Pills, and tarot cards for 5 pennies each.
- After reaching Lv. 1, the shop will start selling pedestal items for 15 pennies. A list of items that can be available for sale can be found here.
- Randomly, the prices will be halved and in red. Hearts will be 2 pennies, other pickups will be 3 pennies, and the pedestal items will be 7 pennies. Steam SaleReduces all Shop prices by 50%, rounded down to 7 coins for an item, rounded up to 2-3 coins for a pickup. will make this happen 100% of the time.
- There is a 20% chance for donation machine to be replaced by restock box. [Check ingame]
Levels[edit | edit source]
Shops start at level 0, and can be upgraded through the donation machine, which can be found in the shops and sometimes in arcades, vaults, black markets, and rare room layouts. Each level increase adds to the shop's background and affects how many items are available.
|Level||Coins donated||Shop stock||Layout|
|0||0||2 consumables available for sale|
|1||20||2 consumables and 1 pedestal item available for sale|
|2||100||3 consumables and 1 pedestal item available for sale|
|3||200||3-4 consumables and 1-2 pedestal items available for sale (always 5 total items)|
|4||600||4-5 consumables and 1-2 pedestal items available for sale (always 6 total items)|
Rare variants[edit | edit source]
There is a small chance for the shop to be replaced by one of its two rare variants.
The two pennies are lucky pennies. This variant will not appear unless the level 4 shop upgrade has been unlocked.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Using a Credit CardConverts all items in the Shop or Devil Room into pickups or items on pedestals, allowing them to be picked up for free. in the shop will make everything for sale free, spawning item pedestals and removing all list prices. However, RestockCauses shops to instantly restock their items when they are bought. Granted by default for every character in Greed Mode. only replenishes items that are bought for a listed price.
- Having Store CreditThe next store purchase is free. The trinket disappears on purchase. will cause all items to be available for $0, but will be consumed upon making a purchase.
- If the Store CreditThe next store purchase is free. The trinket disappears on purchase. effect is gained through ErrorGives a random trinket effect each room., it will not be consumed; this can be combined with RestockCauses shops to instantly restock their items when they are bought. Granted by default for every character in Greed Mode. to break the game.
- Using JeraClones all pickups and chests in a room (including shop pickups; the clones can then be picked up for free). Cloned chests will contain exactly the same type of items: if the original contains a pickup, so will the clone; the same is true for Collectibles. Cannot clone other Jera runes and trinkets. creates a free copy of all pickups, even if they haven't been purchased.
- DiplopiaDuplicates all pickups and item pedestals in the room. will do the same thing, but with pedestal items as well.
- Usually, you must use a key to open the shop, but IX - The HermitTeleports Isaac to the shop. If there is no shop, this will act as a random teleport. If the shop has not yet been accessed, this card will unlock the door without requiring a key (as long as the player exits through the main entrance)., "Curse of the Maze", Dad's KeyOpens all doors in the current room when activated, including doors which require a key to open and entrances to secret rooms. Opens the big doors in the first room of both The Chest and the Dark Room., bombing through the secret room, and Store KeyAutomatically opens all Shops. can allow you to enter without using a key.
- The shop's door is identical to the Library, and if you have no items that make it otherwise, their symbols in the minimap will also be the same. The shop can never spawn next to the starting room of the floor (except for Basement I/Cellar I), so it is a good way to tell if it is a library or not.
- Shops also have a chance of being replaced by a miniboss room containing Greed or Super Greed. Rib of GreedPrevents Greed and Super Greed from appearing in Shops and Secret Rooms. will remove this risk.
- Acquiring two Steam SaleReduces all Shop prices by 50%, rounded down to 7 coins for an item, rounded up to 2-3 coins for a pickup. will result in all items in the shop being free. This can be combined with RestockCauses shops to instantly restock their items when they are bought. Granted by default for every character in Greed Mode. to enable infinite purchases. Further combining this with Chaos will allow the player to exhaust a lot of item pools until Breakfast is the only thing that appears back in the shop.
- RestockCauses shops to instantly restock their items when they are bought. Granted by default for every character in Greed Mode. will cause stores to spawn new items after purchase.
- If II - The High PriestessMom's dismembered leg is called down to deal 300 damage to anything it stomps. It will always stomp on the enemy with the most health. If used in an empty room or during the fight with Mom, it will stomp Isaac instead. is used in a room with a dead shopkeeper, the foot will target it and stomp on it.
- There is a small chance when you bomb the Shopkeeper that they can turn into Greed and start attacking you.
- If enough items are purchased to empty the shop pool (without picking up ChaosChaos causes items to be chosen from random item pools. When picked up, drops between 1-6 random pickups on the floor.), shop items will begin to draw from the treasure room pool. When that pool is exhausted, only BreakfastGrants Isaac one full red heart container. will spawn.
Unlockable achievements[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
MP7Q AR1F (First floor store is a lucky penny store)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|