Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Smart Fly is a passive item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Spawns an orbital fly whose behavior changes depending on whether or not Isaac has taken damage in the current room.
- The fly always deals 1.5 damage per tick or 22.5 damage per second on contact with enemies.
- Before Isaac takes damage, the fly serves as an orbital familiar, blocking enemy shots.
- After Isaac takes damage, this fly will seek out nearby enemies and attack them.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Smart Fly does not take up one of the three orbital slots; it floats between two of the other orbitals.
- Very useful in Boss Rush as it will remain aggressive until it is completed. A strategy for Isaac would be to willingly damage himself right at the start to trigger the Smart Fly so it deals with all the bosses.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Duct TapeStops Isaac's familiars from moving.: Fly will stay in place when orbiting Isaac but will still pursue enemies.
- Dull RazorHurts Isaac without depleting health, activating any items that trigger upon taking damage.: Allows releasing the Smart Fly to attack enemies without taking actual damage.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
CAKK GWMX (First floor treasure room)
YYH2 YJ4B (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
ER9T 2RPF (First floor treasure room)
WV2E FB1R (First floor treasure room)
1ZTZ EC7A (First floor treasure room)
- ???'s Only FriendSummons a big attack fly that can be controlled with the shooting direction-keys.
- Angry FlySpawns a fly familiar that orbits around a random enemy and deals 5 damage per tick to enemies it comes in contact with.
- BBFSpawns a familiar that flies around the room in a manner similar to the Boom Fly and explodes on contact with an enemy. Respawns after ten seconds.
- Best BudWhen hit, summons a white attack fly similar to Distant Admiration for the current room.
- Big FanSpawns a large orbital familiar that blocks enemy projectiles and deals slight contact damage to enemies.
- Distant AdmirationA red attack fly circles further out than the Halo of Flies / Pretty Flies, but closer than Forever Alone. Deals more damage than Forever Alone.
- Forever AloneSpawns a blue attack fly that orbits a long distance from Isaac.
- Friend ZoneA white orbiting fly which deals 3 contact damage per tick to enemies. This familiar orbits Isaac at a middle length distance somewhere between Distant Admiration and Forever Alone.
- Halo of FliesSpawns two pretty fly familiars that block enemy shots and deal contact damage to enemies.
- Hive MindIncreases the size of blue spiders and blue flies and doubles the amount of damage they deal.
- Infestation1-3 blue flies randomly spawn every time Isaac gets hit.
- Jar of FliesEvery time Isaac kills an enemy, a fly will be added to the jar, up to a maximum of 20. Using the Jar of Flies will release all the flies that are currently in the jar as friendly blue flies that will damage enemies.
- Lost FlyA familiar fly that moves in a straight line and attaches itself to the first obstacle or wall it comes into contact with in each room. If any enemies walk into its path, it will deal 7 contact damage per tick. If the obstacle it is attached to is destroyed then it will continue rolling in the direction it was previously travelling until it meets another wall or obstacle.
- The MulliganTears have a 1/6 chance of spawning allied blue flies when they hit an enemy.
- Obsessed FanA purple fly familiar that follows Isaac's movements on a 3 second delay and deals contact damage to enemies.
- Papa FlyA blue fly familiar follows Isaac's movements on a 3 second delay. Papa Fly will fire tears at nearby enemies.
- SkatoleAll types of fly except Boom Fly and Red Boom Fly become passive and slowly move towards Isaac. Does not prevent contact damage.
- Smart FlyAfter Isaac takes damage, this fly will deal continuous touch damage to whatever enemy caused the damage until it is dead. The fly will then systematically attack 1 enemy at a time until the room is cleared.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|