| Distant AdmirationA red attack fly circles further out than the Halo of Flies / Pretty Flies, but closer than Forever Alone. Deals more damage than Forever Alone.|
Forever AloneSpawns a blue attack fly that orbits a long distance from Isaac.
Halo of FliesSpawns two pretty fly familiars that block enemy shots and deal contact damage to enemies.
|: no : yes|
|Rune of PerthroComplete challenge #6|
|Defeat Mom's Heart 3 timesSolar System|
Solar System is challenge #6. Isaac starts this challenge with Distant AdmirationA red attack fly circles further out than the Halo of Flies / Pretty Flies, but closer than Forever Alone. Deals more damage than Forever Alone., Forever AloneSpawns a blue attack fly that orbits a long distance from Isaac., Halo of FliesSpawns two pretty fly familiars that block enemy shots and deal contact damage to enemies., and TranscendenceGrants flight.. Isaac will also be blindfolded. The goal is to defeat Mom's Heart. This Challenge is available after unlocking Transcendence.
Difficulty[edit | edit source]
- As Isaac is blindfolded, Isaac cannot use tears, and must rely entirely on Distant Admiration, Forever Alone, and bombs to deal damage.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Because Isaac starts with 3 Fly items, he will also begin the challenge as Beelzebub. This allows Isaac to amass a large number of friendly flies on the Basement floors.
- The orbiting attack flies can be quite powerful, especially Distant Admiration when used properly. This will require optimization of Isaac's movement to maneuver into position to deal damage, as the flies are constantly moving, and avoid damage simultaneously.
- Duct Tape can fix the position of the flies around Isaac, somewhat alleviating this.
- Enemies that explode on death should only be targeted with Forever Alone, as destroying them with Distant Admiration will result in Isaac getting caught in their explosions.
- Shops can carry BFFS!Increases the size and damage of familiars. and Hive MindIncreases the size of blue spiders and blue flies and doubles the amount of damage they deal., the former of which affects the damage of the orbiting attack flies and the latter of which affects the damage of the blue flies spawned from Beelzebub.
- Broken WatchChance upon entering a room to slow down or speed up every enemy and their attacks. The chance to slow enemies is quite higher than the chance to speed them up. and Stop Watch Automatically inflicts slow to all enemies in every room.
Upon taking damage, inflicts slow to all enemies for the current room. are good items to buy since they slow enemies down.
- Obtaining Gnawed LeafAfter standing still and not shooting for a short time, Isaac turns invincible until he moves or shoots. makes the challenge trivial as Isaac's orbiting flies still deal damage while Isaac is invulnerable. Obtaining it is highly unlikely, however, since there is no treasure room present.
- Obtaining Ball of BandagesOrbiting familiar that deals damage to enemies. If collected while already having one, makes the familiar evolve. Only drops from Horsemen. Similar to Cube of Meat. or Cube of MeatOrbiting familiar that blocks enemy shots and deals damage to enemies. If collected while already having one, it makes the familiar evolve. Only drops from Horsemen. Similar to Ball of Bandages. grants a full circle of projectile-blocking orbitals around Isaac.
- Obtaining Book of RevelationsAdds 1 soul heart, increases the chance for a Devil or Angel Room to appear, and increases the chance for the next boss to be a Horseman (except on XL floors and floors with fixed bosses such as Mom). makes The Harbingers easier to find, allowing Cube of Meat and Ball of Bandages to be found more often.
- It is not advised to reshuffle Isaac's items. As this will not remove Isaac's Blindfolded status, it is possible to reroll items in such a way that the run can no longer be completed.
- Obtaining the Rune of Algiz, Chaos CardThrows the card to kill anything in its path. Opens normal doors. or The BibleUpon activation, Isaac gains flight, allowing him to pass over all obstacles in the current room. Instantly kills Mom, Mom's Heart, and It Lives when activated, but will kill Isaac when activated while fighting Satan. can make killing Mom and Mom's Heart/It Lives! much easier.
- Devil room deals such as BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period., Maw of the Void+1.0 Damage Up. After continuously firing tears for 2.5 seconds, a red cross appears on Isaac's head that, upon releasing the fire button, creates a black ring that rapidly deals damage equal to Isaac's tear damage to any enemies in contact with it., and Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power. will be ineffective, because of the blindfolded status.
- The BoomerangThrows a short-range boomerang which does a bit of damage and has a high chance to stun the enemy for 2 seconds. Can also be used to grab pickups. is a useful purchase from the shop as it has a chance to freeze enemies, allowing Isaac to safely use the attack flies against them for the duration of the freeze.
- Transcendence and other flight items are useless in this challenge because the Beelzebub transformation grants flight by default.
- Obtaining Bob's BrainSpawns a familiar that charges forward when shooting tears and explodes upon contact with an enemy, damaging and poisoning them. The familiar respawns after a few seconds. can be handy for defeating bosses, due to its damage and poison effect. It can also be used to break poop or golden poop to gain health, coins or bombs.
- Extension CordBeams of yellow electricity flow between Isaac and his familiars, damaging any enemies between them. electrifies the orbiting flies, dealing extra damage and destroys fireplaces and poops.
- Black PowderIsaac leaves a trail of black powder on the floor. Walking in a circle will spawn a pentagram symbol on the floor, which deals 10 damage per tick to any enemies inside it. helps damage non-flying enemies and bosses.
- IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects. acts as a replacement for Isaac's tears, thus indirectly removing Isaac's Blindfolded status.
Unlockable achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The challenge is a reference to the Solar System; Isaac represents the sun and the flies represent planets.
|1.||Pitch Black||2.||High Brow||3.||Head Trauma||4.||Darkness Falls||5.||The Tank||6.||Solar System||7.||Suicide King||8.||Cat Got Your Tongue|
|9.||Demo Man||10.||Cursed!||11.||Glass Cannon||12.||When Life Gives You Lemons||13.||Beans!||14.||It's in the Cards||15.||Slow Roll||16.||Computer Savvy|
|17.||Waka Waka||18.||The Host||19.||The Family Man||20.||Purist|
|21.||XXXXXXXXL||22.||SPEED!||23.||Blue Bomber||24.||PAY TO PLAY||25.||Have a Heart||26.||I RULE!||27.||BRAINS!||28.||PRIDE DAY!|
|29.||Onan's Streak||30.||The Guardian|
|31.||Backasswards||32.||Aprils Fool||33.||Pokey Mans||34.||Ultra Hard||35.||Pong|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|