| Distant AdmirationA red attack fly circles further out than the Halo of Flies / Pretty Flies, but closer than Forever Alone. Deals more damage than Forever Alone.|
Forever AloneSpawns a blue attack fly that orbits a long distance from Isaac.
Halo of FliesSpawns two pretty fly familiars that block enemy shots and deal contact damage to enemies.
|: no : yes|
|Rune of PerthroComplete challenge #6|
|Defeat Mom's Heart 3 timesSolar System|
Solar System is Challenge #6. You start off with Distant AdmirationA red attack fly circles further out than the Halo of Flies / Pretty Flies, but closer than Forever Alone. Deals more damage than Forever Alone., Forever AloneSpawns a blue attack fly that orbits a long distance from Isaac., Halo of FliesSpawns two pretty fly familiars that block enemy shots and deal contact damage to enemies., and TranscendenceGrants flight.. You will also be unable to use tears. Your goal is to defeat Mom's Heart. This Challenge is available once you unlock TranscendenceGrants flight..
Difficulty[edit | edit source]
You start the challenge Blindfolded. You cannot use tears.
Your only means of attacking are Distant AdmirationA red attack fly circles further out than the Halo of Flies / Pretty Flies, but closer than Forever Alone. Deals more damage than Forever Alone., Forever AloneSpawns a blue attack fly that orbits a long distance from Isaac., and bombs, while Halo of FliesSpawns two pretty fly familiars that block enemy shots and deal contact damage to enemies. provides projectile defense.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Because you start with 3 Fly items, you also gain the Beelzebub bonus. This turns all enemies flies into friendly Blue Flies. On higher levels, you can amass quite a lot of them.
- Your orbiting attack flies can be quite powerful, especially the red one. This will require maneuvering into position to deal damage, however, and they are constantly moving. Be prepared to tag your enemies and retreat so you don't take damage.
- Shops can carry BFFS!Increases the size and damage of familiars. and Hive MindIncreases the size of blue spiders and Blue Flies and doubles the amount of damage they deal.; the former affects the damage of your orbiting attack flies and the latter affects the damage of the blue flies spawned from Lord of the Flies. Broken WatchChance upon entering a room to slow down or speed up every enemy and their attacks. The chance to slow enemies is quite higher than the chance to speed them up. and Stop Watch Automatically inflicts slow to all enemies in every room.
Upon taking damage, inflicts slow to all enemies for the current room. are good items to buy as well, since they slow enemies down.
- Obtaining Gnawed LeafAfter standing still and not shooting for a short time, Isaac turns invincible until he moves or shoots. makes the challenge trivial as you can deal damage with orbitals while being invulnerable yourself. Obtaining it is highly unlikely however, since there are no Treasure Rooms present.
- Obtaining Ball of BandagesOrbiting familiar that deals damage to enemies. If collected while already having one, makes the familiar evolve. Only drops from Horsemen. Similar to Cube of Meat. or Cube of MeatOrbiting familiar that blocks enemy shots and deals damage to enemies. If collected while already having one, makes the familiar evolve. Only drops from Horsemen. Similar to Ball of Bandages. is helpful as it adds a third close range orbital to protect you from three directions.
- Obtaining Book of RevelationsAdds 1 soul heart, increases the chance for a Devil or Angel Room to appear, and increases the chance for the next boss to be a Horseman (except on XL floors and floors with fixed bosses such as Mom). makes The Harbingers easier to find, allowing you to find Cube of MeatOrbiting familiar that blocks enemy shots and deals damage to enemies. If collected while already having one, makes the familiar evolve. Only drops from Horsemen. Similar to Ball of Bandages. and Ball of BandagesOrbiting familiar that deals damage to enemies. If collected while already having one, makes the familiar evolve. Only drops from Horsemen. Similar to Cube of Meat. more often.
- Avoid any items or dungeon features that shuffle your inventory, such as the D4Rerolls all of Isaac's items., D100Upon use, rerolls all passive items on Isaac like the D4, every pedestal item in the room like The D6, and every pickup like the D20., or Dice Rooms with 1 or 6 pips. It is possible to get stuck with no method of attack if too many of your items reroll into shooting based items. You can also be stuck with methods of attack that require you to put yourself into more danger than the attack flies you start with. You may have no alternative than to abandon your run.
- Obtaining the Rune of Algiz, Chaos CardThrows the card to kill anything in its path. Opens normal doors. or The BibleUpon activation, Isaac gains flight, allowing him to pass over all obstacles in the current room. Instantly kills Mom, Mom's Heart, and It Lives when activated, but will kill Isaac when activated while fighting Satan. can be really handy in killing Mom and Mom's Heart/It Lives!.
- Devil Room deals such as BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period., Maw of the Void+1.0 Damage Up. After continuously firing tears for 2.5 seconds, a red cross appears on Isaac's head that, upon releasing the fire button, creates a black ring that rapidly deals damage equal to Isaac's tear damage to any enemies in contact with it., and Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power. will be ineffective, because of the Blindfolded condition.
- The BoomerangThrows a short-range boomerang which does a bit of damage and has a high chance to stun the enemy for 2 seconds. Can also be used to grab pickups. is a useful purchase from the shop as it has a chance to freeze enemies, allowing you to safely use your attack flies against them for the duration of the freeze.
- TranscendenceGrants flight. and other flight items are useless in this challenge, because the Beelzebub transformation grants flight.
- Obtaining Bob's BrainSpawns a familiar that charges forward when shooting tears and explodes upon contact with an enemy, damaging and poisoning them. The familiar respawns after a few seconds. can be handy for disposing bosses. If used carefully, its damage and poison effect can make bosses much easier. It also adds the ability to break poop or golden poop to gain health, coins or bombs.
- Black PowderIsaac leaves a trail of black powder on the floor. Walking in a circle will spawn a pentagram symbol on the floor, which deals 10 damage per tick to any enemies inside it. is helpful for damaging non-flying enemies and bosses.
- IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects. will make things much easier if it is unlocked.
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The challenge is a reference to the Solar System; Isaac represents the sun and the flies represent planets.
|1.||Pitch Black||2.||High Brow||3.||Head Trauma||4.||Darkness Falls||5.||The Tank||6.||Solar System||7.||Suicide King||8.||Cat Got Your Tongue|
|9.||Demo Man||10.||Cursed!||11.||Glass Cannon||12.||When Life Gives You Lemons||13.||Beans!||14.||It's in the Cards||15.||Slow Roll||16.||Computer Savvy|
|17.||Waka Waka||18.||The Host||19.||The Family Man||20.||Purist|
|21.||XXXXXXXXL||22.||SPEED!||23.||Blue Bomber||24.||PAY TO PLAY||25.||Have a Heart||26.||I RULE!||27.||BRAINS!||28.||PRIDE DAY!|
|29.||Onan's Streak||30.||The Guardian|
|31.||Backasswards||32.||Aprils Fool||33.||Pokey Mans||34.||Ultra Hard||35.||Pong|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|