| Distant Admiration|
Halo of Flies
|: no : yes|
|Rune of Perthro|
|Defeat Mom's Heart 3 times|
Solar System is challenge #6. Isaac starts this challenge with Distant Admiration, Forever Alone, Halo of Flies, and Transcendence. Isaac will also be blindfolded. The goal is to defeat Mom's Heart. This Challenge is available after unlocking Transcendence.
Difficulty[edit | edit source]
- As Isaac is blindfolded, Isaac cannot use tears, and must rely entirely on Distant Admiration, Forever Alone, and bombs to deal damage.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Because Isaac starts with 3 Fly items, he will also begin the challenge as Beelzebub. This allows Isaac to amass a large number of friendly flies on the Basement floors.
- The orbiting attack flies can be quite powerful, especially Distant Admiration when used properly. This will require optimization of Isaac's movement to maneuver into position to deal damage, as the flies are constantly moving, and avoid damage simultaneously.
- Duct Tape can fix the position of the flies around Isaac, somewhat alleviating this.
- Enemies that explode on death should only be targeted with Forever Alone, as destroying them with Distant Admiration will result in Isaac getting caught in their explosions.
- Shops can carry BFFS! and Hive Mind, the former of which affects the damage of the orbiting attack flies and the latter of which affects the damage of the blue flies spawned from Beelzebub.
- Broken Watch and Stop Watch are good items to buy since they slow enemies down.
- Obtaining Gnawed Leaf makes the challenge trivial as Isaac's orbiting flies still deal damage while Isaac is invulnerable. Obtaining it is highly unlikely, however, since there is no treasure room present.
- Obtaining Ball of Bandages or Cube of Meat grants a full circle of projectile-blocking orbitals around Isaac.
- It is not advised to reshuffle Isaac's items. As this will not remove Isaac's Blindfolded status, it is possible to reroll items in such a way that the run can no longer be completed.
- Obtaining the Rune of Algiz, Chaos Card or The Bible can make killing Mom and Mom's Heart/It Lives! much easier.
- Devil room deals such as Brimstone, Maw of the Void, and Mom's Knife will be ineffective, because of the blindfolded status.
- The Boomerang is a useful purchase from the shop as it has a chance to freeze enemies, allowing Isaac to safely use the attack flies against them for the duration of the freeze.
- Transcendence and other flight items are useless in this challenge because the Beelzebub transformation grants flight by default.
- Obtaining Bob's Brain can be handy for defeating bosses, due to its damage and poison effect. It can also be used to break poop or golden poop to gain health, coins or bombs.
- Extension Cord electrifies the orbiting flies, dealing extra damage and destroys fireplaces and poops.
- Black Powder helps damage non-flying enemies and bosses.
- Incubus acts as a replacement for Isaac's tears, thus indirectly removing Isaac's Blindfolded status.
Unlockable achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The challenge is a reference to the Solar System; Isaac represents the sun and the flies represent planets.
|1.||Pitch Black||2.||High Brow||3.||Head Trauma||4.||Darkness Falls||5.||The Tank||6.||Solar System||7.||Suicide King||8.||Cat Got Your Tongue|
|9.||Demo Man||10.||Cursed!||11.||Glass Cannon||12.||When Life Gives You Lemons||13.||Beans!||14.||It's in the Cards||15.||Slow Roll||16.||Computer Savvy|
|17.||Waka Waka||18.||The Host||19.||The Family Man||20.||Purist|
|21.||XXXXXXXXL||22.||SPEED!||23.||Blue Bomber||24.||PAY TO PLAY||25.||Have a Heart||26.||I RULE!||27.||BRAINS!||28.||PRIDE DAY!|
|29.||Onan's Streak||30.||The Guardian|
|31.||Backasswards||32.||Aprils Fool||33.||Pokey Mans||34.||Ultra Hard||35.||Pong|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|