As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Flies buzz around the room randomly. They cannot damage Isaac at all, even by touch, making them completely harmless. However, they can turn into Pooters if they fly around Poop for too long, or come in contact with a Golden Poop.
Attack Fly[edit | edit source]
Attack Flies are Red and Black flashing flies that will follow Isaac relentlessly until killed. Their only way of damaging Isaac is by contact, and they move rather slowly, making them easy to kill. However, they can be dangerous when found in groups, as they can swarm around Isaac quickly.
Attack Flies turn into regular Flies if Isaac has Skatole. However, they take a small amount of time to convert into Flies, so it is possible for Isaac to be damaged if the player is not careful.
Dart Fly[edit | edit source]
Dart Flies are similar to regular Attack Flies, but attempt to mimic Isaac's movements. Their only way of damaging Isaac is by contact, and they can move fairly quickly, making them potentially dangerous when found in groups.
Swarm Fly[edit | edit source]
Swarm Flies are similar to regular Attack Flies but appear in tightly-packed clusters. Their only way of damaging Isaac is by contact, and although they move fairly slowly, they can be dangerous by simply outnumbering Isaac.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If a Swarm Fly is separated from its group due to being petrified, it quickly moves back to its group once unpetrified.
Ring Fly[edit | edit source]
Ring Flies are a new addition to Rebirth. They are pink flies that, upon entering the room, will cluster together into a circular formation and orbit rapidly while moving towards Isaac. They will hold formation even when you destroy all but one fly. The maximum amount of flies per formation is 10. These flies are fast and take up a large amount of space, so it may be recommended to hold these on higher danger priority.
- Ring Flies are not affected by Strange Attractor and will continue to stay within their current circular formation.
Hush Fly[edit | edit source]
Hush Flies are mainly spawned by Hush and behave somewhat similar to Ring Flies, flying towards Isaac in certain patterns. Unlike Ring Flies, they can form other shapes such as polygons and can also orbit Hush.
Hush Flies have a brief period of invincibility when Hush spawns them, making them appear to have more health than they have.
Hush Flies are not affected by the Beelzebub Transformation.
Hush Flies can also rarely spawn outside of the Hush fight in rooms.
Moter[edit | edit source]
Moters appear as two conjoined Attack Flies. They behave similarly to regular Attack Flies but split into two Attack Flies upon being killed. Their split is very wide and unpredictable and can easily shave off half a heart. It is recommended to kill faster flies and other small monsters before it, as the two flies it spawns are more dangerous in many ways. Running between them just as they split is also a very good way to dodge.
- If Isaac has Skatole or uses a bomb, killing a Moter will not make them split into two Attack Flies.
Eternal Fly[edit | edit source]
The Eternal Fly is a white-colored fly that can be found on any floor in the game. They usually circle Corny Poop or enemies like Holy Leeches and Hangers, and will not stop circling them until their hosts are destroyed. Before that, they will deal damage to Isaac if he touches them, and they're completely immune to all forms of damage. When their hosts are destroyed, they convert into Attack Flies.
- If Eternal Flies are circling Corny Poop and there are no other enemies around, you can leave the room at will. This is true even if they have already been converted into Attack Flies: they will simply disappear when you return into the room.
Sucker[edit | edit source]
The Sucker has a greater amount of health than a regular Fly and slowly moves towards Isaac. Upon death, it shoots 4 bullets in all cardinal directions. Suckers are unaffected by Skatole, so they're always hostile.
Despite their simplistic behavior, Suckers can prove to be rather dangerous at late levels. This is because they're often positioned in areas containing hazards, or the player may have familiars that attack the Suckers regardless of the player's intention. As a result, the low health that the Suckers possess can be used to give the player little time to react when they die quickly and shoot their projectiles outwards.
Spit[edit | edit source]
The Spit looks like a green version of the Sucker, and it shoots one explosive green bullet at the player upon death. The shot behaves exactly like Ipecac. Spits are unaffected by Skatole, so they're always hostile. Like most enemies that possess explosive attacks, Spits can be used to bomb tinted rocks or open Secret Rooms.
Soul Sucker[edit | edit source]
Soul Suckers were added in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †.
The Soul Sucker looks like a bloated, red-spotted version of the Sucker. Upon death, a swirling red vortex appears where it died, which then fires four Brimstone beams in the cardinal directions after a short delay.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Sketches of monsters for the Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, including the Ring of Flies in the second rectangle of the fourth row, formerly called "Halo of Flies." The name change may have occurred to avoid confusion with Halo of Flies, an item originating from the original Binding of Isaac.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Duke of Flies can spawn larger versions of Attack Flies that have 10 Base HP.
- Gurdy can spawn weaker versions of Attack Flies that only have 3 HP.
- Eternal Flies can be killed by Chaos Card, Little Horn and Euthanasia.
- The Brimstone lasers from the Soul Suckers can damage other enemies, including other Soul Suckers. You should play carefully when facing multiple Soul Suckers, as their vortex attacks could corner you if you're not careful.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Black Fly has the lowest health of any enemy in the game, tied with the Corn.
- There is a fly enemy (popularly known as the Ball of Flies) in the Eternal Edition of the original The Binding of Isaac that is a ball of 4 Attack Flies, resembling 2 Moters stuck to each other. This enemy does not appear in Rebirth, likely due to being added in said Eternal Edition update that was added a while after the release of Rebirth.
- Suckers seem to be based on mosquitoes, midge-like flies that suck the blood of other animals, as they seem to share a small proboscis and blood sac.
- In a Q&A Reddit thread by Edmund McMillen, Edmund McMillen confirmed that the species of flies in The Binding of Isaac are house flies and botflies.
- Soul Suckers have been added in Booster Pack #4, after the initial release of the DLC.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|