Soy Milk is a passive item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Reduces tear delay by the formula: (delay / 4) - 2
- x0.2 damage multiplier
Notes[edit | edit source]
- At base tear rate, Soy Milk sets the player's tear delay to the game's minimum value of 1, for 15 tears per second. This is much lower than the normal minimum tear delay; see the tear delay explanation page.
- At base damage, Soy Milk is a very small DPS up (barely noticeable) if the player hits every single shot. With nearly any tears up at all, Soy Milk becomes a DPS down. The more tears per second before obtaining Soy Milk, the greater the decrease in DPS.
- Soy Milk's damage down also significantly decreases tear size.
- The endless stream of tears effectively increases directional knockback.
- Due to the high fire rate, items that cause tears to inflict status effects activate more frequently.
- Soy Milk is a special item.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot.: The shot pattern may help in controlling enemy knockback, in addition to dealing up to double damage.
- Blood ClotIncreases damage by 1 and range by 5 for tears fired from the left eye.: +1 damage bonus on Blood Clot tears is unaffected by the damage penalty.
- Chemical PeelTears fired from left eye do increased damage.: +2 damage bonus on Chemical Peel tears is unaffected by the damage penalty.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.: Shots cannot be charged, but Isaac gains a flat +1 damage up after the Soy Milk penalty.
- ExplosivoIsaac's tears have a chance to stick to enemies and explode.: Despite the tiny appearence of the bomb tears, the explosions will deal normal explosion damage. Due to the massive fire rate, many bombs can be applied in extremely quick succession, decimating anything after a short delay.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Allows for incredibly fast firing medium damage bombs.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: The very fast rate of fire fills the screen with low damage explosions.
- LibraGives 6 coins, 6 bombs, and 6 keys and balances out all attributes.: Decreases fire rate slightly, but massively increases damage, range and speed. Tear height is also massively increased, meaning tears can hit enemies through obstacles without spectral effect.
- Lost ContactEvery tear has a small shield which will allow it to block one enemy projectile.: Extremely effective at blocking shots.
- A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do.: Significantly increases tear damage as they get further away. Even with only this synergy, individual tear damage appears to approach starting tear damage when firing over longer distances.
- Mysterious LiquidTears leave a small, short lasting pool of creep on impact or when their range is depleted.: Each individual shot creates creep that deals reasonable damage but stacks with every shot, causing hefty damage.
- Piercing tears: Causes tears to affect enemy movement less for better accuracy, though also removes the advantage of rapidly knocking back enemies.
- Pisces-1 Tear Delay, adds knock-back shots and increases tear size.: Greatly increases knockback, allowing tears to pin enemies against walls.
- Technology ZeroConnects Isaac's tears with electricity that can damage enemies.: The near constant stream of tears will have electricity chained between them, providing an electrical net of damage making it almost impossible to not hit an enemy. This can greatly help offset the lowered damage by increasing the number of hits.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Damage of missiles will be decreased accordingly, but unlike normal tears, there is still a fixed timed delay between firing missiles
- ProptosisTears start out massive with high damage, and then shrink down and become weaker over a short range.: The low-damage tears disappear extremely quickly, greatly reducing range.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: Half of the Soy Milk tears are replaced by constant laser, but damage down compounds.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is used in Challenge #3 (Head Trauma).
Seeds[edit | edit source]
CLAT SEVR (treasure chest room left of spawn)
J3CA JLHW (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
39EQ E7Q2 (first floor treasure room to right of spawn; treasure room to left of spawn contains Libra for synergy; the pot above the spawn room contains The Quarter) (hard mode only)
FD36 40EN (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
J6QS WYV7 (first floor treasure room)