| (page 3, column 5, line 5)
(page 4, column 5, line 3)
Soy Milk is a passive item.
- Reduces tear delay by the formula: (delay / 4) - 2
- x0.2 damage multiplier
- At base tear rate, Soy Milk sets the player's tear rate to the game's maximum value, 15 tears per second. This is much lower than the normal maximum rate of fire; see the tear delay explanation page.
- At base damage, Soy Milk is a very small DPS up (barely noticeable) if the player hits every single shot. With nearly any tears up at all, Soy Milk becomes a DPS down. The more tears per second before obtaining Soy Milk, the greater the decrease in DPS.
- Soy Milk's damage down also significantly decreases tear size.
- The endless stream of tears effectively increases directional knockback.
- Due to the high fire rate, items that cause tears to inflict status effects activate more frequently.
- Soy Milk is a special item.
- 20/20: Essentially doubles tear rate. Also, enemies caught in between the two shots don't get knocked away to the sides.
- Blood Clot: +1 damage bonus on Blood Clot tears is unaffected by the damage penalty.
- Chemical Peel: +2 damage bonus on Chemical Peel tears is unaffected by the damage penalty.
- Chocolate Milk: Shots cannot be charged, but Isaac gains a flat +1 damage up after the Soy Milk penalty.
- Compound Fracture/ Cricket's Body/ The Parasite: Creates high amounts of splash tears.
- Cursed Eye/ The Inner Eye/ Mutant Spider: Fires multiple shots with a considerable fire rate decrease.
- Eve's Mascara: Doubles damage with a moderate fire rate decrease.
- Explosivo: Despite the tiny appearence of the bomb tears, the explosions will deal normal explosion damage. Due to the massive fire rate, many bombs can be applied in extremely quick succession, decimating anything after a short delay.
- Dr. Fetus: Allows for incredibly fast firing medium damage bombs.
- Guppy: While they will do less damage each, using Soy Milk with the Guppy transformation will generate blue flies at a very high rate.
- Head of the Keeper: Causes many more coins to drop from enemies due to the increased firing speed and decreased damage output.
- Ipecac: The very fast rate of fire fills the screen with low damage explosions.
- Lead Pencil: Tear barrage happens very often.
- Libra: Decreases fire rate slightly, but massively increases damage, range and speed. Tear height is also massively increased, meaning tears can hit enemies through obstacles without spectral effect.
- Lost Contact: Extremely effective at blocking shots.
- The Ludovico Technique: Tear is smaller and weaker, but rapidly damages enemies.
- A Lump of Coal: Significantly increases tear damage as they get further away. Even with only this synergy, individual tear damage appears to approach starting tear damage when firing over longer distances.
- Mom's Wig: Much higher chance to spawn Blue Spiders.
- The Mulligan: Much higher chance to spawn Blue Flies.
- Mysterious Liquid: Each individual shot creates creep that deals reasonable damage but stacks with every shot, causing hefty damage.
- Piercing tears: Causes tears to affect enemy movement less for better accuracy, though also removes the advantage of rapidly knocking back enemies.
- Pisces: Greatly increases knockback, allowing tears to pin enemies against walls.
- Polyphemus: More than doubles damage with a considerable fire rate decrease. Additional tears ups are required to keep the normal Soy Milk fire rate.
- Technology: Lasers fire very quickly.
- Tech X: Laser ring charges incredibly fast, but damage is significantly decreased.
- Technology: Technology laser fires extremely fast.
- Trisagion: Fires many low damage beams that overlap. Trisagion halves base damage.
- Cursed Eye: Reaches full-charge near-instantly, but still fires very low damage micro-tears.
- Epic Fetus: Damage of missiles will be decreased accordingly, but unlike normal tears, the fire rate will not increase.
- Mom's Knife: The knife can be charged and fired to its maximum range very quickly, but does very little damage.
- Monstro's Lung: Charge time and damage are greatly decreased.
- Proptosis: The low-damage tears disappear extremely quickly, greatly reducing range.
- Technology 2: Half of the Soy Milk tears are replaced by constant laser, but damage down compounds.
- Tiny Planet: Tears will now shoot out extremely quickly and orbit around you with extremely low damage.
- This item is used in Challenge #3 (Head Trauma).
PC CLAT SEVR (treasure chest room left of spawn)
PC J3CA JLHW (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
PC 39EQ E7Q2 (first floor treasure room to right of spawn; treasure room to left of spawn contains Libra for synergy; the pot above the spawn room contains The Quarter) (hard mode only)
PC FD36 40EN (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
PS4 J6QS WYV7 (first floor treasure room)
Switch HNMH 3ZKA (First Golden Treasure Room)