Soy Milk is a passive item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Reduces tear delay by the formula: (delay / 4) - 2
- x0.2 damage multiplier
Notes[edit | edit source]
- At base tear rate, Soy Milk sets the player's tear rate to the game's maximum value, 15 tears per second. This is much lower than the normal maximum rate of fire; see the tear delay explanation page.
- At base damage, Soy Milk is a very small DPS up (barely noticeable) if the player hits every single shot. With nearly any tears up at all, Soy Milk becomes a DPS down. The more tears per second before obtaining Soy Milk, the greater the decrease in DPS.
- Soy Milk's damage down also significantly decreases tear size.
- The endless stream of tears effectively increases directional knockback.
- Due to the high fire rate, items that cause tears to inflict status effects activate more frequently.
- Soy Milk is a special item.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot.: Essentially doubles tear rate. Also, enemies caught in between the two shots don't get knocked away to the sides.
- Blood ClotIncreases damage by 1 and range by 5 for tears fired from the left eye.: +1 damage bonus on Blood Clot tears is unaffected by the damage penalty.
- Chemical PeelTears fired from left eye do increased damage.: +2 damage bonus on Chemical Peel tears is unaffected by the damage penalty.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.: Shots cannot be charged, but Isaac gains a flat +1 damage up after the Soy Milk penalty.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Creates high amounts of splash tears.
- Cursed EyeGrants charged tears that can be fired in a tight burst of four. Getting hit while charging will teleport Isaac into another room./ The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: Fires multiple shots with a considerable fire rate decrease.
- Eve's MascaraDoubles damage, halves tears stat, and greatly reduces shot speed.: Doubles damage with a moderate fire rate decrease.
- ExplosivoIsaac's tears have a chance to stick to enemies and explode.: Despite the tiny appearence of the bomb tears, the explosions will deal normal explosion damage. Due to the massive fire rate, many bombs can be applied in extremely quick succession, decimating anything after a short delay.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide a fixed range after being fired.: Allows for incredibly fast firing medium damage bombs.
- Guppy: While they will do less damage each, using Soy Milk with the Guppy transformation will generate blue flies at a very high rate.
- Head of the KeeperIsaac's tears become coins and now have a chance to drop pennies on the floor upon successfully hitting an enemy.: Causes many more coins to drop from enemies due to the increased firing speed and decreased damage output.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: The very fast rate of fire fills the screen with low damage explosions.
- Lead PencilAfter every 15 tears fired, Isaac will fire a high-damage cluster of tears.: Tear barrage happens very often.
- LibraGives 6 coins, 6 bombs, and 6 keys and balances out all attributes.: Decreases fire rate slightly, but massively increases damage, range and speed. Tear height is also massively increased, meaning tears can hit enemies through obstacles without spectral effect.
- Lost ContactEvery tear has a small shield which will allow it to block one enemy projectile.: Extremely effective at blocking shots.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Tear is smaller and weaker, but rapidly damages enemies.
- A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do.: Significantly increases tear damage as they get further away. Even with only this synergy, individual tear damage appears to approach starting tear damage when firing over longer distances.
- Mom's WigAdds a chance to spawn blue spiders when firing tears. Restores 1 red heart.: Much higher chance to spawn Blue Spiders.
- The MulliganTears have a 1/6 chance of spawning allied blue flies when they hit an enemy.: Much higher chance to spawn Blue Flies.
- Mysterious LiquidTears leave a small, short lasting pool of creep on impact or when their range is depleted.: Each individual shot creates creep that deals reasonable damage but stacks with every shot, causing hefty damage.
- Piercing tears: Causes tears to affect enemy movement less for better accuracy, though also removes the advantage of rapidly knocking back enemies.
- Pisces-1 Tear Delay, adds knock-back shots and increases tear size.: Greatly increases knockback, allowing tears to pin enemies against walls.
- PolyphemusMakes Isaac shoot one huge tear. Also reduces Tears to minimum. Damage increased . If tear does more damage than an enemy's life, the tear continues to travel with the extra remaining damage.: More than doubles damage with a considerable fire rate decrease. Additional tears ups are required to keep the normal Soy Milk fire rate.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Laser ring charges incredibly fast, but damage is significantly decreased.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Technology laser fires extremely fast.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Fires many low damage beams that overlap. Trisagion halves base damage.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Cursed EyeGrants charged tears that can be fired in a tight burst of four. Getting hit while charging will teleport Isaac into another room.: Reaches full-charge near-instantly, but still fires very low damage micro-tears.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Damage of missiles will be decreased accordingly, but unlike normal tears, the fire rate will not increase.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: The knife can be charged and fired to its maximum range very quickly, but does very little damage.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Charge time and damage are greatly decreased.
- ProptosisTears start out massive with high damage, and then shrink down and become weaker over a short range.: The low-damage tears disappear extremely quickly, greatly reducing range.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: Half of the Soy Milk tears are replaced by constant laser, but damage down compounds.
- Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop.: Tears will now shoot out extremely quickly and orbit around you with extremely low damage.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is used in Challenge #3 (Head Trauma).
Seeds[edit | edit source]
CLAT SEVR (treasure chest room left of spawn)
J3CA JLHW (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
39EQ E7Q2 (first floor treasure room to right of spawn; treasure room to left of spawn contains Libra for synergy; the pot above the spawn room contains The Quarter) (hard mode only)
FD36 40EN (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
J6QS WYV7 (first floor treasure room)