Spear of Destiny
From Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Isaac holds a spear in front of him that deals 2 times his tear damage to enemies.
- The spear occasionally inflicts fear on enemies it damages.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Spear of Destiny does not replace tears.
- The item is similar to Mom's Knife, although it cannot be fired.
- If Isaac loses his body via an item, the Spear of Destiny will not be able to be used.
- Despite its size, the spear's hitbox is actually only located on the silver part and the handle, making it only effective at very close range.
- Spear of Destiny does not work while Blindfolded, except in The Guardian challenge.
- In The Guardian challenge, the spear is reskinned to look like a sword.
- The spear can kill charmed enemies created by Poke Go and Friendly Ball.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Invulnerability: Allows Isaac to deal damage to enemies while invulnerable.
- Shield: Same as Invulnerability.
: Spear of Destiny deals massive damage per second (enough to kill bosses in seconds)
Makes Isaac shoot one huge tear. Also reduces Tears to minimum. Damage increased . If tear does more damage than an enemy's life, the tear continues to travel with the extra remaining damage.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
Ingame Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a reference to the spear that pierced the side of Jesus as he hung on the cross (also known as the Spear of Longinus), according to the Gospel of John.
- This item is used in Challenge #30 (The Guardian).
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! If the Spear of Destiny is removed from the players items, for example when using the D4, the spear will stay on in the level in the position where it was before the item was lost, until Isaac moves to another room.