Spoon Bender is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Grants homing tears.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot./ Cursed EyeGrants charged tears that can be fired in a tight burst of four. Getting hit while charging will teleport Isaac into another room./ The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: All tears home in on enemies.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: The beam curves towards enemies.
- Azazel: The short-ranged beam can curve with higher range stat.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Tears and split tears are homing.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide a fixed range after being fired.: The bombs slide towards enemies.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Cursor slides towards enemies.
- Fate's RewardA blue head familiar that will follow Isaac and fire tears copying his tear effects and damage./ IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects.: Familiars get homing tears as well.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Main tears and burst tears home in on enemies.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Homing explosive shots.
- Lead PencilAfter every 15 tears fired, Isaac will fire a high-damage cluster of tears./ Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: All tears in tear barrage are homing.
- MarkedIsaac will now fire tears automatically directed at a red target on the ground which is controlled by the player. This allows for a full 360 degree tear firing radius. Can be overridden by other tear modifiers such as Mom's Knife or Brimstone.: Tears will travel in the direction of the cross-hairs until close enough to home in on an enemy.
- Maw of the Void+1.0 Damage Up. After continuously firing tears for 2.5 seconds, a red cross appears on Isaac's head that, upon releasing the fire button, creates a black ring that rapidly deals damage equal to Isaac's tear damage to any enemies in contact with it.: The BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period. ring curves towards enemies.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: The knife curves towards enemies.
- SprinklerUpon use, spawns a sprinkler that rotates and fires tears.: Sprinkler will fire homing tears.
- Strange AttractorPickups, trinkets, and monsters are magnetically attracted to Isaac's tears.: Increases accuracy by drawing enemies towards tears.
- Tech.5Grants a unlimited range piercing laser with random rate of fire that does not replace tears. The laser might occasionally fire with the effect of a random item or trinket, such as Hook Worm, Spoon Bender or Tiny Planet.: The laser curves towards enemies.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: The laser curves towards enemies.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: The laser and tears home in on enemies.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: The laser rings curve towards enemies, resulting in longer contact time and substantial damage increase per ring.
- Technology ZeroConnects Isaac's tears with electricity that can damage enemies.: Tears will home in on enemies but the electricity won't.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Beams home in on enemies.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Anti-Gravity-2 Tear Delay. Tears float in position until firing ceases, after which they will fly off in the direction they were shot in.: Tears will fly towards enemies that come too close, chasing them until they either hit the enemy or fall to the ground. If the enemy is killed tears fly around like The Peeper until they hit the ground.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: The tear will attempt to home towards a single target, even if it hits a different enemy on its way there, making it difficult to control.
- My ReflectionGives Isaac's tears a boomerang effect, and increases range and shot speed.: Tears will home in on enemies if close; otherwise, they will return to Isaac.
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Spoon Bender is a reference to the common stage magic trick of spoon bending.
- Possibly a reference to The Matrix.
- This item is used in Challenge #16 (Computer Savvy).
Seeds[edit | edit source]
GEBY 4V1Y - (First floor treasure room)
KBDW JNXB - (First floor treasure room)
FT8W MTXG - (First floor treasure room)
YASB CYZV - (First floor treasure room)
2VD9 44SW - (First floor treasure room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|