| (page 3, column 7, line 1)
(page 3, column 7, line 5)
Starter Deck is a passive item.
- Spawns a random card.
- Allows Isaac to carry two cards or runes at once. Cycle through cards by pressing the Control key (PC), R2 (PlayStation), RT (Xbox), or ZR (Switch, 3DS).
- Replaces all pills with cards except the pill dropped by Caffeine PillIncreases speed and reduces character size. Also gives a random pill.. Pills already on the ground will be converted to cards or runes upon picking up Starter Deck.
- When picking up Starter Deck in a shop that has a pill for purchase, the pill can still be purchased and used. If the pill is dropped, it will be turned into a card.
- Blank CardHas the same effect as the card or rune currently held by Isaac.: Allows Isaac to choose between 2 different card effects.
- Deck of CardsGives Isaac a random Tarot Card.: Allows Isaac to store excess cards produced for later use.
- Acid BabySpawns a familiar that drops random pills every 2 rooms cleared. Upon using a pill, all enemies in the room are poisoned.: Spawns cards or runes instead of pills. Using cards or runes will not trigger the room-wide poisoning effect.
- Little BaggyIsaac can hold 2 pills at once and all cards are replaced by pills.: Overrides the effect of Little Baggy (switch from receiving only pills to only cards). Picking up Little Baggy while already holding Starter Deck will turn any held cards or runes into pills for one time.
- Mom's Bottle of PillsGives Isaac a random pill, and will cause him to drop any held Q-slot item (If any). The player will only receive six different pill types in one playthrough.: Gives a card or a rune instead of a pill, essentially becoming equivalent to a Deck of CardsGives Isaac a random Tarot Card. that can also give runes.
- The Starter Deck will paint a five color pentagram on Isaac's head, which is a reference to the Magic: The Gathering logo.
- This item is used in It's in the Cards (challenge #14).
Concept drawn for Starter Deck.