Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
|Rebirth||Suicide King||Chaos Card||Credit Card||Rules Card||A Card Against Humanity|
|Afterbirth||? Card||Get out of Jail Free Card||Emergency Contact||Dice Shard|
|Afterbirth †||Holy Card||Huge Growth||Ancient Recall||Era Walk|
Not to be confused with Suicide King (Challenge).
|Complete challenge #7Suicide King|
Suicide King is a special card.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Kills Isaac and spawns 10 consumables and items around the location of use.
- The spawned collectibles will come from the Item Pool related to the Room where Suicide King was used (e.g. Angel Room items if used in an Angel Room).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Isaac's HeartIsaac himself is now immune to all damage, and a heart familiar appears and follows Isaac. If the heart is hurt, Isaac is hurt. will not protect Isaac from dying.
- The WaferAll sources of damage that would cause more than one half heart of damage are reduced to one half heart instead. will not protect Isaac from dying.
- The Holy MantleAutomatically negates first taken damage in every room. will not protect Isaac from dying.
- The Unicorn StumpUpon use, grants invulnerability and increased speed for five seconds, but removes the ability to shoot tears. will not protect Isaac from dying.
- My Little UnicornUpon use, grants invulnerability and increased speed for five seconds, removing the ability to shoot tears and replacing it with the ability to deal contact damage to enemies. will not protect Isaac from dying.
- If Lazarus' RagsUpon dying, resurrect as Revived Lazarus with one heart container and Anemic item. are used to resurrect, Isaac will only have one heart. This can be detrimental if used with more than one heart container.
- Power Pill will not protect Isaac from dying.
Uses[edit | edit source]
- Since using Suicide King means death, Isaac will need to have a resurrection item to make a good use of it, such as 1up!Gives an extra life. Upon death, you will respawn in the previous room with full health and lose the 1up!., the AnkhUpon death, the player will respawn as ??? with 3 soul hearts., the Dead CatSets the amount of red heart containers to 1, but gives Isaac 9 extra lives. After dying, Isaac is teleported to the last safe room. New heart containers can be obtained after picking up this item, but after each death, the number of heart containers is set to 1 again., or being Lazarus.
- When combined with Blank CardHas the same effect as the card or rune currently held by Isaac. and Dead CatSets the amount of red heart containers to 1, but gives Isaac 9 extra lives. After dying, Isaac is teleported to the last safe room. New heart containers can be obtained after picking up this item, but after each death, the number of heart containers is set to 1 again., the card can be used nine times (spawning a total of 90 consumables).
- Suicide King won't always drop a pedestal item, but often drops numerous Chests, meaning that using Suicide King on a Special Room or in the Dark Room/The Chest can be useful to get good items.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When Suicide King causes a Game Over (i.e. is used with no revive items), a picture of the last cause of damage will appear on Isaac's last will as the cause of death.
- The background color for the Suicide King achievement has the same color as all the Boss Rush unlocks, suggesting that the Suicide King card was originally intended to be unlocked via completing a Boss Rush, with Lazarus.
- The Suicide King is the king of hearts in a standard card deck. It is called this because the character on the card is seemingly thrusting his sword into his own head.
- The card quote reinforces the idea proposed by Reddit user Jayborino. That the only way for Isaac to get out of the chest in the "real world", is to die in the game.
- This user was praised by Edmund himself for his article being "mind blowingly accurate".
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|