Effects[edit | edit source]
- +0.3 damage.
- Adds a chance to fire acidic tears that destroy destructibles and opens doors and secret rooms upon contact.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Cannot be used to bridge gaps with destructibles.
- Does not open Stone Chests.
- Can not destroy Stone Grimaces.
- The chance to fire an acid tear does not increase with luck.
- Acidic tears are able to destroy angel statues.
- Acidic tears will not destroy projectiles.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Angelic PrismGrants a prism orbital with a large orbital radius. Tears that pass through the prism split into four multi-colored tears.: When acidic tears pass through the prism, each of the split tears will also be an acidic tear.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Overrides Sulfuric Acid.
- Continuum+2.25 Range Up. +1.5 Tear Height. Isaac's tears travel through walls and appear out of the opposite wall. Isaac's tears also travel over rocks and objects.: Overrides Sulfuric Acid.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Overrides Sulfuric Acid except for stat effects that apply. Adds a chance for some bombs to have a yellow tint.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Overrides Sulfuric Acid except for stat effects that apply. Adds a chance for some missiles to have a yellow cloud.
- Head of the KeeperIsaac's tears become coins and now have a chance to drop pennies on the floor upon successfully hitting an enemy.: Tears retain Head of the Keeper's cosmetic effect but both items are fully active. Which tears are acidic can no longer be visually identified.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Overrides Sulfuric Acid except for stat effects that apply. Adds a chance for some explosive shots to be yellow.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Adds a chance to fire acidic tears which can be fed. If acidic tears are fed and burst, the split tears will also be acidic. However, if a normal tear is fed, acidic tears will not make the fed tear acidic.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Overrides Sulfuric Acid.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Overrides Sulfuric Acid.
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.: Acidic tears can no longer break objects and doors and just bounce.
- Spectral Tears: Acidic tears will no longer be able to destroy obstacles or open secret rooms.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Lasers cannot break rocks even if non-spectral.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Overrides Sulfuric Acid.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot./ The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: Adds a chance for each tear to become an acidic tear and increases likelihood of firing acidic tears.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: When acidic tears are fired, the split tears are also acidic tears.
- Cursed EyeGrants charged tears that can be fired in a tight burst of four. Getting hit while charging will teleport Isaac into another room.: Adds chance for each tear in a burst to be an acidic tear.
- GodheadIncreases damage and range while reducing tears and shot speed. Grants homing tears and tears gain a damaging halo.: Acidic tears retain damaging aura and homing effect.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Adds chance for acidic Haemolacria tears. If the main tear is acidic, the burst tears will be too. Acidic Haemolacria shots will have a yellowish tint.
- Lost ContactEvery tear has a small shield which will allow it to block one enemy projectile.: Acidic tears will block shots.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Every tear in the tear barrage has a chance to be an acidic tear. Increases likelihood of firing acidic tears. Acidic tears have a yellowish tint.
- Piercing Tears: Acidic tears will retain piercing effect.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Sulfuric acid is a strong, corrosive acid, commonly used as a drain cleaner.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|