Swallowed Penny is a trinket. In addition to the normal places that trinkets can be found, it can also be found by destroying urns and special shopkeepers.
- Spawns a penny, nickel, or a dime upon taking damage, in a similar fashion as the Piggy BankGives 3 pennies on pick-up. Every time Isaac is damaged, he will drop one additional penny. item.
- Unlike Piggy BankGives 3 pennies on pick-up. Every time Isaac is damaged, he will drop one additional penny., playing as Keeper with this trinket always drops a coin, allowing semi-infinite life.
- A trick for farming money when playing as Keeper is to find a room with some static hazard like spikes and taking damage, causing a coin to appear. A penny will only refill life, but a nickel will give four cents and a dime will give nine cents.
- This trick can also be used to survive multiple uses of a sacrifice room, healing with the dropped coin between each sacrifice.
- This item is a reference to young children accidentally swallowing coins.
- Swallowed Penny is part of the group of penny-themed trinkets, including the Bloody PennyGives a 50% chance to drop a half heart when money is collected., Burnt PennyGives a 50% chance to drop a bomb when money is collected., Butt PennyIsaac will fart when he picks up a coin., Counterfeit PennyGives a 50% chance of increasing the value of every coin pickup by one., Flat PennyGives a 50% chance of spawning a key upon collecting a penny. and Rotten PennySpawns a blue fly every time a coin is picked up..