- 1 Glass Cannon Unlock Inaccurate
- 2 Mega Satan not unlocking a certain achievement
- 3 Incorrect names
- 4 Wrong number
- 5 Suggestions
- 6 Playstation Trophy Images
- 7 Add Warning
- 8 Unlocking WotL chapters
- 9 Sin Collector Bug
- 10 Nintendo-Switch exclusive progression achievements
- 11 Switch-exclusive achievements
- 12 PS4 differences
- 13 Switch/PS4 achievements
- 14 Images not updating?
- 15 Unlock information for Marrow is incorrect.
- 16 Rotten Penny
- 17 Sacrificial Altar
- 18 Lachryphagy unlock
Glass Cannon Unlock Inaccurate[edit source]
I unlocked Challenge #11 today after beating the daily challenge as Eden. I won my 5th daily in a row and it unlocked The Marathon - at the same time I got Glass Cannon. I do not think the current criteria is correct. This was my 210/339 Achievement 62%. One idea might be that I took no red heart damage at all in the game (started with blue hearts) The current criteria is: "Beat challenge #19 and defeat Lokii for the 1st time and is not accurate.
- The unlock is bugged in the current version of Afterbirth+. --Exschwasion (talk) 06:43, 30 March 2017 (UTC)
- Doesn't look bugged. The unlocks required for Challenge #11 in v1.06.j39 are Loki's Horns, Epic Fetus, It Lives!, and Judas. There is the typical issue that effects all challenge unlocks where sometimes they don't unlock properly until you unlock another achievement(in this case Marathon). --Blcd (talk) 10:10, 31 March 2017 (UTC)
Mega Satan not unlocking a certain achievement[edit source]
- The achievement "Dead Boy" (#83) does not unlock when defeating Mega Satan without taking damage, however the Wiki's description of the achievement simply states "Beat Chapter 6 without taking damage."
- I am not certain if this is a bug, or if the Achievements page should have this description changed.
- (Posted to discussion pages of both Known Issues and Achievements)
- There is no achievement for beating Mega Satan without taking damage. The achievement is for beating chapter 6, so you have to beat either The Lamb or ??? (Boss). Mega satan does not count as the Chapter 6 Boss, and there is no achievement for killing him, unless you do it in hard mode with The Lost, which is a requirement for unlocking Godhead.
- Notice you can kill both Megasatan and the chapter boss in the same run if you have a good enough build. Just defeat the chapter boss first but do not enter the game-ending chest. Then go for megasatan. You'll get both Megasatan ending AND any achievements related to that chapter.
- GryphusR (talk) 20:32, 3 January 2015 (UTC)
Incorrect names[edit source]
- The achievement "Blood Lust" (#54) should be "Bloody Lust".
- The achievement "Lucky Toe!" (#61) should be "Lucky Toe".
Wrong number[edit source]
- The achievement "Platinum God" (#69) has the wrong unlock-information "Collect all items in the game, unlock all of the secrets and Endings minus The Lost and his 7 unlockable items". Lost has 6 unluckable items (+ 1 baby). --Unknown
- "Mamas Boy" to "Mama's Boy"
- "A D100" to "The D100"
- "Sin Collector" Probably related to the 7 Deady Sins (Lust, Greed, Envy...) unlocked the Achievement when I fought Super Envy
- A Cross: defeat the boss in The Womb 2 with Magdalene
- Missing Poster: beat The Lamb with Isaac
- Athame is unlocked by beating Hush as Eve.
--126.96.36.199 16:14, 2 March 2015 (UTC)
Playstation Trophy Images[edit source]
I don't know how to go about putting in the official psn trophy images. Are there copyright concerns? For now I just put in the corresponding Steam achievement image where I could, but some of the psn trophies don't have a corresponding achievement. I don't know what the solution is here. Any insights?
Muhgoof (talk) 17:16, 30 July 2015 (UTC)
We can use any images from the game. Usage of material qualifies as "Fair Use" so there's nothing to worry about. Also FYI: Even if it's on playstation, they have zero rights to the game, so the situation is exactly the same as it is on PC.
In short: Got the PS Throphy images? Feel free to upload them.
Add Warning[edit source]
There should be a warning at the top of this page, regarding seeded runs and the fact that most of these achievements won't pop when you're doing one, unless it's specifically related to that challenge. There's an awful lot of confusion going on over this, and on this very wiki almost every achivement's individual page shows "seeds" at the bottom, yet they're practically useless for obtaining them. --Unknown
Unlocking WotL chapters[edit source]
Are you sure about beating all possible bosses being the way to unlock the WotL chapters? I've never fought the Adversary and I still unlocked Necropolis. UncleGrunkel (talk) 04:59, 16 November 2014 (UTC)
Sin Collector Bug[edit source]
I figured I'd put this in discussion for now, as I am not sure what triggered the bug, but whilst fighting Delirium with Maggy, Sin Collector randomly unlocked for me. If I remember correctly, this is the achievement for completing the Bestiary. However I have 3 or 4 entries missing still, and I had already registered Delirium (this was my 3rd victory against it). Don't know what triggered it though.
- I've had similar experiences. However, in my case the last seemed to be Hush (which was bugged before the latest update), so if I had to guess, perhaps it's not all of the Bestiary, but just all of the bosses?--DarkJiku (talk) 12:26, 13 January 2017 (UTC)
I have a report that it just unlocked upon entering a room with an Envy. It is most definitely NOT unlocked by having everything in the Bestiary unlocked. Perhaps only the seven deadly sins are needed? --Zamie (talk) 22:10, 13 January 2017 (UTC)
Sin Collector still requires that you encounter 281 unique mobs. In v183 Envy only counted once towards unlocking sin collector. Now in v188 each of Envy's smaller forms(3) counts towards the Bestiary. The number of encounters is still 281 so essentially encountering envy can cover missing encounters like Mom's heart. You could consider this a bug since Sin Collector is likely supposed to include finding every mob. --Blcd (talk) 03:49, 14 January 2017 (UTC)
Nintendo-Switch exclusive progression achievements[edit source]
Edmund tweeted ( https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/843153470161014784 ) that the switch version has extra achievements for progression so the DLC doesn't feel as rough as it is and instead feels like one big game. IMO, something that should've been there from the start. A good majority voted for these achievements to be added to the PC version ( https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/843154426244222977 ) so it's a matter of waiting before that happens.
The point is, right now it's been confirmed there's switch-exclusive achievements and hopefully some of us can work on that.
The switch version have 348 achievements
- 342 name: "the basement is burning!" => unlock: burning basement => condition: ???
- 343 name: "the caves are flooded!" => unlock: flooded caves => condition: ???
- 344 name: "the depths are dank!" => unlock dank depths => condition: kill it lives 21 times
Switch-exclusive achievements[edit source]
I believe it would be a good idea to add a small section at the bottom of the page dedicated to the switch-exclusive achievements, being numbers 340 through 348. I can contribute a few achievements, though I don't know exactly how I unlocked them, and in one case I don't know what it unlocks.
- 342 - The Basement is Burning - Unlocks Burning Basement (Don't know how I unlocked it)
- 343 - The Caves are Flooded - Unlocks Flooded Caves (Don't know how I unlocked it)
- 344 - The Depths are Dank - Unlocks Dank Depths (Don't know how I unlocked it)
- 345 - The Womb is Scarred - Unlocks Scarred Womb (Don't know how I unlocked it)
- 348 - The Gate is Open - I don't know what this unlocks, though I unlocked it after beating Chapter 6 for the first time (Specifically The Lamb)
I'm also pretty sure that one of the achievements would pertain to unlocking Apollyon. Would it be possible to include this section? It would also help for others to contribute switch-exclusive secrets. --Hoogachakka (talk) 00:26, 22 June 2017 (UTC)
- I don't see why there shouldn't be one. I'll add a section for the switch achievements. Also, please remember to sign your posts. --piber20 (talk) 23:53, 21 June 2017 (UTC)
PS4 differences[edit source]
I have been looking at the Console Exclusive Achievements, which goes up to 375. But on the PS4 (EU, don't know about US) version, it only goes up to 366. And on top of this so does it seem to be in different order as well. As an example, The Mystery Gift is listed as 350 on this site, but is 341 on the PS4. --Ragowit (talk) 08:27, 13 October 2017 (UTC)
- The list so far:
- * 277-281: Is the same.
- * 321: Is called "A New Pill"
- * 328: Is called ""Half" Soul Heart"
- * 331: Is the same.
- * 337: Is the same.
- * 340: This is "A Black Hole"
- * 341: This is "The Mystery Gift"
- * 346: This is "Buddy in a Box"
- * 351: This is "Butter!"
- * 354: This is "Era Walk Card"
- * 363: This is "The 7 Seals"
- --Ragowit (talk) 23:26, 13 October 2017 (UTC)
Switch/PS4 achievements[edit source]
All Nintendo Switch achievements and PS4 achievements are the same; any console-exclusive achievements or achievement names should be labeled for both the Switch and PS4. 188.8.131.52 16:46, 16 October 2017 (UTC)
Images not updating?[edit source]
So I made all of the images used in the Console Achievement section, and they've worked just fine. However, I tried updating some of the images with their new re-sprites, but the thumbnails don't seem to update properly. Does anyone know why this might be the case? --Hoogachakka (talk) 22:41, 20 October 2017 (UTC)
Unlock information for Marrow is incorrect.[edit source]
The achievement reads "Defeat Mom's Heart or It Lives as The Forgotten." This is wrong, because Marrow can only be unlocked if you're playing on hard and you beat them with The Forgotten. Minor error, but it's still misleading. EDIT: Fixed, thank you! -CrazyAceking, May 6th, 2018, 8:07 (EST)
Rotten Penny[edit source]
Rotten Penny unlocking with Jar of Flies
Sacrificial Altar[edit source]
Probably unlocked by taking a certain number of Devil Deals.
Lachryphagy unlock[edit source]
The current description says that this requires "Acquiring 10 Tears Up items". This does not make clear the fact that Tears Up pill effects count as well; I just got the unlock by using Placebo repeatedly with a Tears Up pill.