Talk:Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki
The main page is protected to prevent vandalism. Discuss changes or suggestions for it here.
- To display code, use: <pre>Code Here</pre>
- Please do not delete any entries. Administrators will remove comments once changes are implemented or rejected.
- Please remember to sign your comments with: --~~~~
- 1 Incorrect character count
- 2 The Legend of Bum-Bo
- 3 Adding a tarot cards section to the main page
- 4 Seed Sharing
- 5 Downloadable wiki
- 6 Blue Womb
- 7 Rebirth-exclusive things
- 8 Suggestion: Separate editable main page
- 9 Showcase Seed Removal
- 10 Item Pool Links
- 11 Add a news section?
- 12 Can someone help me?
- 13 Maybe found a new item synergy?
- 14 Chinese version
- 15 Explosive gas naming inconsistencies.
- 16 German
- 17 Keep ages-old Talk?
- 18 Website is broken as heck for me right now, checked multiple browsers and computers
- 19 What would be the template for Repentance?
- 20 Why are is the fonts and letters orange?
- 21 Hey um people who edit this website.
- 22 I have a small question
Incorrect character count[edit source]
The 'game features' area says that there are 10 playable characters, but with the discovery of The Lost, there are 11. --184.108.40.206 / arterialTick
- It's a direct pull from the steam store page or somewhere similar. I wouldn't say it's incorrect per se. --Muhgoof (talk) 01:00, 13 March 2015 (UTC)
The Legend of Bum-Bo[edit source]
Would this new game that by all accounts is very closely tied to Binding of Isaac, even to the point of the protagonist being actually Isaac (Bum-Bo's another persona essentially) be featured here? There's an incredibly large overlap of the two games, with many of the bosses being related to the bosses. And the other wiki of it is quite low detailed, so there's a good opportunity here to really tie the info here into Legend of Bum-Bo. All it would take is perhaps a switch over tab for Legend of Bumbo, or just a dedicated section for Legend of Bumbo specifics and what not. Anyway, that's all. CreatorTheta signing off. --220.127.116.11 00:28, 15 November 2019 (UTC)
Adding a tarot cards section to the main page[edit source]
Why not adding it? It's really useful, especially for new players --Anon
- Agreed. Could say the same for runes too --Anon
Seed Sharing[edit source]
I have to ask, as I am new and have a seed I wish to share on the site. Is there any dedicated area to share seeds, and if there isn't, would it be possible to set one up? --Cam9154 (talk) 04:13, 4 December 2014 (UTC)
- I do not believe there is a dedicated area, no. I guess you're basically looking for a place to post the seed of a run you really enjoyed. I'll have to talk to the other admins about whether or not they are willing to allow this wiki to accommodate something like that. My immediate judgement on the matter is that seeds in general are extremely valuable tools for testing synergies and unique combinations of items, but without proper format, I can only see this as creating the potential for a mess of a page. I would actually like to collect seeds, but there would need to be a strong case made for their place on this wiki. There would have to be strict standards for the way seeds are provided. Let's say there's a hypothetical page called... I dunno, "User Seeds". This page would consist of a table with columns such as "Seed", "Floor 1 Treasure Room", "Floor 1 Curse Room", "Floor 1 Boss Room", [...], "Floor 2 Devil Room", and so on. Each row would belong to a different seed. God, this could really get ugly unless the columns' names were shortened dramatically. "F1 TR", "F1 CR", "F1 BR", "F2 DR" could work. The reason I want this to be so rigorous is because it'd be a waste of time to play a seed for a specific purpose without knowing exactly what you're getting into. Alright, I'm rambling now, but suffice it to say that you've got my attention and perhaps my support... We'll see how it goes. DoomZero [Admin] (talk) 05:09, 4 December 2014 (UTC)
Downloadable wiki[edit source]
- That's not a thing. — A (t • c)
- This isn't currently possible. However, for the technically inclined, note that there MediaWiki has a Special:Export page.
Blue Womb[edit source]
Hey, it's blue womb, not rotted womb. It says so on steam achievements --Tmonster2001
- No, but I can understand your way of thinking. It was confirmed that the Womb alt is called Rotten Womb by a an Artist working for the developer. Note how all achievements for alternative chapters say "alt chapter to NORMAL CHAPTER NAME", while Blue Womb says "unlocked a hidden chapter". If Blue Womb was just an alternative chapter, there would also be accompanying achivements for the other 3 new alternative chapters, but there aren't. --Dooomspeaker (talk) 21:58, 29 October 2015 (UTC)
Rebirth-exclusive things[edit source]
They are rare, but there are some things that happen in Rebirth that don't happen in Afterbirth. I think there should be another tag similar to the "DLC" tag for these things. Maybe it should just say "Base" or something. An example is Brimestone, Mom's Knife, Mutant Spider, and Inner Eye overriding 20/20 in Rebirth whereas in Afterbirth they synergies. http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/20/20 --Templarfreak (talk) 12:38, 19 November 2015 (UTC)
- I agree. I'll ask Exschwasion, since he created the File:DLC Indicator.png graphic. --Zamie (talk) 18:05, 17 December 2015 (UTC)
Suggestion: Separate editable main page[edit source]
A separate editable main page would be useful for users who want to edit the main page without any potential abuse. An admin could periodically plop the source into the real main page if they approve. --Piber20 (talk) 19:53, 7 December 2015 (UTC)
Showcase Seed Removal[edit source]
With the ability to add plenty of seeds for each item, is the Showcase Seed from the ItemTable template really necessary? I feel it should be removed, and all pages that use it be changed to meet that change. --JokerPixel (talk) 00:18, 8 June 2016 (UTC)
Item Pool Links[edit source]
As I was updating Item pages yesterday, an idea struck me. I would do it myself, but I have no idea how. Here's the problem. Go to pretty much any Rebirth Item, click on one of the pools that item belongs to, and the (broken) link leads to the default item pool page. Here's the solution I propose. Create a bunch of redirect pages that link from, for example, "Item_Pool#Secret_Room" to redirect to "Secret_Room_(Afterbirth_Item_Pool)". --JokerPixel (talk) 02:14, 10 June 2016 (UTC)
Add a news section?[edit source]
Can someone help me?[edit source]
So I am an Isaac fan who isn't the best persay. I haven't completed the game 100% and don't have access to floors past the womb II. Yet sometimes if I have Goats Head I can fight Satan in a floor after. Recently I was exploiting the self sacrifice room with Yum Heart, Item Martyr, and Gimpy. After like 12 sacrifices I was able to fight both angels (which I shouldn't be able to at this point) and then was teleported to the dark room. (Which once again I shouldn't be able to). So I'm just wondering what would have happened if I beat the darkroom without having the game completed? I feel no one has done that before so I had to find a place where I could get some answers. I hope this is all good. --Ryan
- The Sacrifice Room does some pretty interesting things if you sacrifice a bunch in the same room. At the 9th sacrifice, you fight an Angel. On the 11th, you fight the other. Both of these occur 100% of the time. It also sends you to the Dark Room after 12 sacrifices 50% of the time. If you had beaten the Dark Room while you were there, it's safe to assume that you would have gotten some unlocks out of order, though I can't tell you whether it would unlock that Chapter for you retrospectively. Hope that helps!
- P.S. Please sign your posts. Just use --~~~~. --JokerPixel (talk) 03:49, 28 July 2018 (UTC)
Maybe found a new item synergy?[edit source]
I'm on my first victory lap so I've accumulated quite a lot of items to increase my luck which is at 14. I mention this because I recently got Apple! and of course, I would occasionally fire razors. After that a floor or so I got tapeworm. Now after I got tapeworm and used the Smelter, I now fire razors no matter what. I'm not sure if this has happened to anyone else and it's a true synergy perse. To be clear, even with 14 luck before getting tapeworm, I didn't fire razors no matter what. --Eden
Chinese version[edit source]
Explosive gas naming inconsistencies.[edit source]
I'm referring to the skull-shaped gas explosion that isn't like Bomb explosions, and does not trigger the healing effect of Pyromaniac. My concern is that there is inconsistency in how it is referred to on the Wiki. On the wiki pages for The Bean and Mushrooms (Obstacle), this type of explosion is described as releasing gas, and on the pages for The Black Bean and Fatty, the effect is just referred to as farting. Also, on the page for Contagion, this effect is referred to as an explosion, which is misleading. I propose that all of these are altered to include some mention of releasing gas, so as to reduce ambiguity? --Lima Bech (talk) 13:16, 18 April 2018 (UTC)
I did a german version for the Main page. Maybee it could be added to the "in other languages" section.
Keep ages-old Talk?[edit source]
Is there any reason we're keeping old Discussion topics that are no longer relevant? I guess, to put it another way, would anyone take issue with an old discussion page being trimmed down to keep it relevant? --JokerPixel (talk) 03:41, 28 July 2018 (UTC)
Website is broken as heck for me right now, checked multiple browsers and computers[edit source]
Can't see any trinkets on the trinket page, the item page has random items missing (like Mystery Egg and PJs) and formatting errors. It was working fine a few days ago, and it hasn't been edited since then. What happened?
What would be the template for Repentance?[edit source]
To me (or in my mind at least) it could be a knife stabbing through the word DLC that is colored dark red. -Sam2334ter
- That's what the template for Repentance is. Piber designed it. --Sirtimmothybrentwood 21:19, 10 February 2019 (UTC).
Why are is the fonts and letters orange?[edit source]
Like um i am bit confused.-Sam2334ter
- Just a visual change to make the Wiki look better, people have mentioned that the blue color for links doesn't mesh well with the overall color scheme for the Wiki, so we changed it. --JokerPixel (talk) 20:27, 2 March 2019 (UTC)
Hey um people who edit this website.[edit source]
Would it hurt to add these two into the Repentance(Pre-Release) section and the regular Repentance overview section? https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/1102645855310340096 https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/1126528871132614656?s=09 Sincerely -Uan4545
- I'm on it. --Sirtimmothybrentwood 05:30, 11 May 2019 (UTC).
I have a small question[edit source]
Is it even necessary to add these two clips into the Repentance(Pre-Release) section? https://twitter.com/tyronerodriguez/status/1037147567874703361 https://twitter.com/tyronerodriguez/status/1036116610744872961 -Uan4545
- I'll add them yes. --Sirtimmothybrentwood 05:40, 5 July 2019 (UTC).
Oh and btw is anyone gonna add the gifs, cause i don't know how to do that. -Uan4545 3:49 5 July 2019 (CDT).