Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Eternal Hearts[edit source]
Are eternal hearts actually lost before soul hearts and black hearts if Isaac takes damage? I assumed there was a reason why eternal hearts appear at the end of red heart containers, but before soul hearts and black hearts. -Beeeeeeeeep (talk) 01:24, 19 November 2014 (UTC)
- No, they aren't. Soul Hearts and black hearts will protect an eternal heart from most forms of damage. As far as I am aware, anything that targets your red hearts and results in Isaac recoiling WILL destroy your eternal heart. Actually, I don't know if taking deals with the devil causes Isaac to flinch, but I know that it does not destroy your eternal heart. So, in short: Devil beggars, blood donation machines, probably the razor. It's funny. It would seem that any means of losing red hearts that does not affect chances of devil/angel rooms will remove your eternal hearts. DoomZero (talk) 00:17, 29 November 2014 (UTC)
Image Placement[edit source]
I don't know about anybody else, but I find it rather unpleasant to see the icons on the right side of the screen. If there was some way of having the pickup images just to the right of the headers, that would be sweet. I tried it myself, but it seems like wiki code requires headers to be on their own line in order to be recognized. That's a bit lame, in the case of headers which do not include underlines cutting across the screen. I wonder if there's some way around that, because I really don't like the way I have to look all the way to the right side of the page to see the pickups. This might be a bit of a silly complaint, but if somebody can solve the problem, I think it would really make a difference. DoomZero (talk) 00:17, 29 November 2014 (UTC)
Sorry, it's one of the pages I didn't have time for yet. I agree with you 100% on the images aligned right being a very bad solution. I just went ahead and fixed them. Simply put the file INTO the header and mediawiki won't have a problem with it at all. In case you find any other pages that suffer from a similar problem, feel free to change them or leave a note as well. --Dooomspeaker (talk) 00:35, 29 November 2014 (UTC)06:29, 8 March 2015 (UTC)
Black Hearts[edit source]
It may be worth noting that, if in a situation where you have only black hearts and get a Devil room, despite the cost being 3 soul hearts, black hearts will also be consumed. Need checking if there is a priority for soul hearts over black hearts, or perhaps it's just the last 3 heart containers that will be consumed.
- It is the last three soul/black hearts. Think of your health as last in first out. --RoshanLynch (Jsmooth13) (talk) 13:32, 28 April 2015 (UTC)
- Devil Deals (including Black Market) do prioritize taking blue hearts before taking any black hearts. Here's a video to demonstrate (skip to 22:05) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrqbRIsQRMM#t=22m05s
- Additionally, I think that the game operates on half-hearts instead of full hearts. For instance, if you have 2.5 blue hearts, the trade will take those 2.5 and 0.5 black hearts on top of that; although, it's not shown in that video. I don't know if Pickups is a good place for this info as it is more specific to Devil Room and Black Market.
- Muhgoof (talk) 06:39, 22 May 2015 (UTC)
Lucky coins[edit source]
- They're most likely a unique entity, as they're not doubled by Humbling Bundle. --Exschwasion (talk) 04:30, 15 November 2015 (UTC)
- I think we're just lacking the actually appearance of the Lucky coin. Yes, they are unique, they appear with a lighter tint and have a dollar sign on their face rather than a cent symbol. --Dystopian2(talk) 21:30, 21 December 2015
Sticky Nickels[edit source]
Is there any point to them? Or are they there just to make the game harder? --Anon
- Please sign your posts. And yes, there is a point to them: if you bomb them, you get 5 cents. So if you have an abundance of bombs, it is much better to get a sticky nickel than a normal penny. --Zamie (talk) 20:53, 13 December 2015 (UTC)
Batteries and Bum Friend[edit source]
- I just thoroughly tested this with Cheat Engine and it turns out that he does not. I'll update the Bum Friend page to reflect this. --Zamie (talk) 21:05, 13 December 2015 (UTC)
Gold Bombs[edit source]
I can get gold bombs despite not completing the Blue Bomber challenge added by the DLC, is this information correct? --Anon
- Please sign your posts. Were you playing in the daily run? Everything is unlocked there. --Zamie (talk) 20:53, 13 December 2015 (UTC)
Black Heart Drop Chance??[edit source]
So I was playing as ???, and my items are currently: - Pupula Duplex - Serpent's Kiss - Latch Key - Dark Bum - Roid Rage - Sad Bombs - Crack Jacks - Lil Gurdy - The Poop As far as I can tell, none of these items increase Black Heart spawning chance, but enemies are dropping them left and right. Am I incorrect in saying that this is completely unexpected and (possibly) inexplicable? --Anon
Answer: It was Serpent's Kiss. Since Afterbirth, enemies killed by any poison effect have a chance to drop Black Hearts. --Aqepo
Terminology On Page=[edit source]
The term "topmost" makes no sense when discussing Hearts because there can easily be multiple on the top row (assuming they eventually start appearing on a second row if you obtain enough). (Unsigned comment)