- 1 Holy Mantle DLC
- 2 Afterbirth Azazel Seed
- 3 Bug found
- 4 Origin of the coin
- 5 Sync - Upload/Download
- 6 Misc
- 7 Cheap and Cheesy Win Method
- 8 About the Satan death with Azazel
- 9 Seeds
- 10 Alternative Judas Seed?
- 11 Mulliboom Necessary?
- 12 Character-changing extra lives
- 13 Pyromaniac
- 14 Maggy's seed
- 15 Possible Hint
- 16 What is this?
- 17 Trivia
- 18 Lost doesn't have spectral tears?
- 19 Added recommendation for Lost Unlock
- 20 Commentary on removed Judas seed
- 21 Lost can be unlocked without Isaac
- 22 Extra Lives?
Holy Mantle DLC[edit source]
On the first paragraph of the text, it says that the item "Holy Mantle" requires the recent Afterbirth expansion pack, wich, it doesn't, using as reference youtube videos from before the release of the expansion, and the Holy Mantle page itself. --Anon
- Hey, I think this is a misunderstanding. The Holy Mantle can only be unlocked as a STARTING item in the Afterbirth DLC. Not as an item altogether. --TerraPony (talk) 21:57, 3 December 2015 (UTC)
Afterbirth Azazel Seed[edit source]
I just unlocked The Lost with help of a new reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/bindingofisaac/comments/3s8cp7/the_lost_unlock_seeds_for_afterbirth/
Nobody came up with a good Azazel Seed but I justed played a really enjoyable one. AMXS QPG2 - Tech2 in first item room and many many tinted rocks with soul hearts, bombs and DMG ups. Also check out the devil deals - many damage ups as well. When I encountered Krampus I was already able to one-shot him. A chest-room before The Womb held Tammies head as extra cherry. Very easy run - play on NORMAL!
Can't edit the main page thats why I add this here.
- To unlock The Lost, you can't use a seed for the Azazel run, which is why there's none on the page. --Exschwasion (talk) 02:15, 11 November 2015 (UTC)
Bug found[edit source]
When collecting Missing No. with the Lost, your head disappears and you can neither attack, nor leave the floor you are on. I only tested this in an ERROR room yet, but I am pretty sure it applies to other cases, too.
Origin of the coin[edit source]
I had an epiphany about the thing with one coin The Lost is given in the beginning of a run. It might be a reference to greek mythology - the myth about Charon, ferryman carrying souls of newly deceased through the river Styx. Charon demanded one coin for a passage, and those who failed to provide him with it were doomed to wander the shore for centuries. More details in Wikipedia article here. Seeing as The Lost is pretty much a wandering ghost of dead Isaac, I believe it fits, so I wanted to put it in Trivia section, but the article is closed.
Sync - Upload/Download[edit source]
Just thought I would mention it here:
If you can go through each character and after a successful attempt on dying in the appropriate manner, you can upload your game data to the cloud using the Sync button on the File Select page of the game. Then, if you fail the next attempt, you can go back to the sync button and download your game data and try again with that same character that your previously failed with.
I successfully did this purposely dying with Azazel two times and Judas once. Still unlocked The Lost character. Hope this helps for people who are struggling.
(tested only with the ps vita)
Will someone take a look at the "Kamikaze + Pyromaniac" tip on the main The Lost page? It says it gives invulnerability as long as you spam the Kamikaze item, but it totally doesn't. There's no invulnerability downtime.
Angel rooms totally do stay consistent on the Judas seed. This is the third time I've used it: no room first floor, devil room with something unimportant on the second floor, third floor if you don't accumulate any sin you get an angel room with Trinity Shield, fourth floor same deal with Sacred Heart. Steady as clockwork. You're gonna want to keep the Book of Belial to guarantee those deals though. 184.108.40.206 02:51, 25 November 2014 (UTC)
Has anyone unlocked The Lost before unlocking Missing Poster? I did all the steps to unlock The Lost twice with no success. Then, after unlocking Missing Poster I completed the steps for the third time and finally managed to unlock this character, so it seems beating Dark Room with Isaac is a prerequisite for unlocking The Lost. And it makes sense, if you think about how the devs intended this character to be discovered. -Kuhaa
I did unlock The Lost before I got the missing poster, but I had similar troubles, where I had completed every step twice over and couldn't understand what was going wrong. As it turns out, I kept killing Maggy right away, instead of in the caves/catacombs, which is the third floor, not the first or second. Dunno if this could be your reason why, or perhaps they patched out the ability after I unlocked The Lost (I did it on Dec 1st 2014).
I'm not sure that the trivia for The Lost's name is entirely correct. I've always thought Luke 15:8 applied, where it says "... What woman, having ten silver coins, if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp, sweep the house, and search carefully until she finds it?" It feels like it would fit more closely with the biblical theme.
Mb, auto targeting items should be mentioned along with Gnawed Leaf, since they allow character to beat room, without a single button press.
Can we add a note under the Judas seed to indicate that the item room is due south, just so people can find it easily
Cheap and Cheesy Win Method[edit source]
Struggling with the lost? Quickly press Escape before the death screen comes up, and use Task Manager to end 'isaac-ng.exe'. This will cause the game to allow you to continue from the last point you exited the game, or the beginning of a floor. Backing up game files is advised, just in case. - Kirol (Not saying I'd recommend doing so, mind you. The lost is supposed to be a challenge, just making it known for those who really can't win. Cheaters never prosper.)
There's a difference between using a strategy to win and abusing a flaw in the game's continue system to savescum.
About the Satan death with Azazel[edit source]
It seems like it also works for the first Satan stage. Could someone with enough privileges edit that in?
- Did you unlock The Lost by a first-stage attack? or did you read that somewhere else?GryphusR (talk) 17:33, 29 December 2014 (UTC)
Yes, i can confirm that- i just unlocked The Lost by dying from first-phase Satan's projectile.I also saw this on youtube videos.
- First Phase of Satan is THE FALLEN. The description on the wiki is consistent with what is used on the Satan page.
- --Dooomspeaker (talk) 22:32, 29 December 2014 (UTC)
- Yeah, but phase 2 is the normal-size satan and phase 3 is the giant hoof stomps. Previously the wiki stated that to unlock the lost, Azazel had to die via stomp attack but it seems than any attack (brimstone on phase 2 for example) works.
- GryphusR (talk) 22:57, 29 December 2014 (UTC)
Well I just did everything I needed to and died to Satan's Brimstone attack and I didn't unlock The Lost. I know for sure that I did everything the wiki says, I even used the listed PS4 seeds.::Anonymous
I did everything what was required and on the satan fight I just touched his boddy in stage 2. I died but there was no successful unlock. Do I have to die from satans projektiles? Or must I die in Phase 3? Maybe there was another reason - I accidentially startet the game with Maggy without seed, so I clicked exit and startet it again with seed. May this be the reason? Undercover1989 (talk) 17:33, 5 September 2015 (UTC)
^I can confirm that stage 2 brimstone can unlock the Lost. Did it just now.
The Multiboom seed does not work for me either (Cellar is unlocked). JTMD EZPF however does have a multiboom in the room directly below start. Could someone add it please? I tried the other seed 10+ times with no luck.
Dude who deleted the Muliboom seed for Isaac. it worked fine, it probably didnt work for you cos you didnt unlock the Cellar. i was using that Seed last night. Worked fine.
- For you two, the Mulliboom seed DOES work. I've personally tested it when I unlocked The Lost. Probably you typed a "O" (letter) where you had to type a "0" (number) or viceversa. There is great ambiguity for seeds ingame as the seed picture on the menu uses the same character for O and 0. Try again replacing said character. GryphusR (talk) 01:22, 31 December 2014 (UTC)
- I tried typing that seed both with an 0 and an O, and although the Curse Room was present to the left of the first room like the description said, there was no Mulliboom in the room above, or anywhere in the Cellar. The room above had a big grey long-legged spider and four smaller enemies. I tried it several times. I then gave up and tried the second seed and it worked, even though it's marked 'PS4' and I have a PC. --220.127.116.11 15:58, 31 December 2014 (UTC)
- I found another seed that might be even better for Isaac "PYTT J9Z7"
- You start next to a curse room and the room to the south has to mullibooms as well, but is not as big as the one with the actual seed.
- Greetings LKS2000
- For the helpful seeds it seems to depend on difficulty. Both of Issac's require Normal difficulty, Maggy's had to be Hard (EDIT: I rechecked them all to be sure, must have inputted the seed wrong the first time, Maggy's works for Normal/Hard) and Judas' requires Normal. Hope this helps? I'm gonna add it to the page add it directly to the page but I felt it best to post here first, in case someone has an issue with the fix? Also, if using the provided Judas seed, don't take the blue pill that spawns with Mom's Coin Purse. It's a speed down pill, generally unhelpful.
Alternative Judas Seed?[edit source]
ND94XNBQ. This just seems to me like a very good seed overall, useful for possibly every single character. (Confirmed on PC)
Instead of Polyphemus, you start with Mutant Spider, (2 rooms right of spawn) and you also get a lot of soul hearts as well as max health along the run to keep you going. This combo of Mutant Spider + Book of Belial pretty much results in a steamroll up until the Mom fight, with much more safety. Also, the room before the Mom fight has some Vis, so you easily dump some of your health before going in. Finally, note that the first deal with the devil you get is just a Rotten Baby, and if you turn it down then the Angel Room right after that will have 3 soul hearts.
The issues I've found with this seed are that in Depths I, most of the rooms have Knights in them, which isn't much of an issue except for the time wasting they cause. Also, in Depths II you have the Curse of Darkness.
So, if anyone with enough privileges agrees with me, can you put this seed into the table?
- The Judas seed currently on the page is VERY good and doesn't need to be replaced. Polyphemus sucks if you get it on the late game because it kinda nerfs all the rate of fire improvements gained during the run, but if obtained on the first level, any rate of fire improvements will turn Polyphemus into a overkill machine. Combined with the book of belial (which guarantee Devil / Angel rooms), you'll get giant tears by the time you get the sacred heart. I used that seed for my run and it was a piece of cake. There is also plenty of health-enhacing items during the run (I had to take multiple hits from satan to die) so it's quite a fail-proof seed. While mutant spider is a good item, it's not as powerful as polyphemus (if both are get on the first level), as the latter has pseudo-piercing effects, higher damage and no tear spread. GryphusR (talk) 21:02, 3 January 2015 (UTC)
- Reading your comment, I thought perhaps I didn't consider all of the options right. Using the Polyphemus seed, I simply died to a Monstro bullet in Basement II. I then decided to run a test and compare the 2 seeds after killing Monstro, and found out that in the Polyphemus seed you have only 2 hearts, but in my seed you have 4 hearts (3 soul), and then Monstro gets you one more heart (5 total), not to mention the 3 extra soul hearts after Catacombs I (from the Angel Room). Therefore, I conclude that my seed should be included just to offer the trade-off of more early-game safety for slightly less damage (which, if I understand right, just ends up being overkill).
- Finally, allow me to mention that I'm otherwise terrible with Judas, just because of how low his health is, so please be considerate. :P
- Well, Let's see if someone else has something to say, and if no one disagrees I could add it. More health vs more damage seems reasonable, and we could have both seeds. And yes, the polyphemus seed is overkill after you get the sacred heart. Giant tears ftw GryphusR (talk) 22:17, 3 January 2015 (UTC)
Mulliboom Necessary?[edit source]
Must be a Mulliboom.
Character-changing extra lives[edit source]
I just learned the hard way that items that change your character upon death will prevent unlocking the lost. Having completed all steps up to Azazel, I accidentally picked up the ankh, which prevented me from losing to Satan, as I respawned as ??? upon death. I tried in vain to then die to Satan as ???, just in case, but was unable to unlock the lost. It might be helpful to have a warning in the unlock steps.
This has happened to me as well. Picked up the ankh as Azazel, died, respawned as ???, then died to Satan (his Brimstone attack, just to be safe from the Fallen). Nothing happened. I wonder if this also happens with Judas' Shadow.
There should be a note that the damage mom's foot does is a bomb based damage, and as such you should not take pyromaniac with Judas when trying to unlock the lost.
Just stay at the door when entering rooms, and if there's a mulliboom let him rush you and blow up. He should take the door out too, so you can just exit in order to deplete your health down to a half heart. Then you can go back in to that room and the mulliboom will have refreshed, unless it was the only mob in the room of course.
Maggy's seed[edit source]
The PC seed in the wiki gives the "We Need To Go Deeper!" item in the secret room in Basement II, this allows the player to avoid the second boss. It is located going 1 room down and bombing the left side, or going left and bombing the down side from spawn. It would be useful if added to the description of the seed.
Possible Hint[edit source]
When unlocking The Lost, if the process is started but unfinished, the "Win Streak" will not decrease after dying with Isaac, Maggy or Judas if done correctly. It's a good hint if you want to know if you're doing good or if you did something wrong.
What is this?[edit source]
Does using a seeded allow unlocking the lost for that run?
On one of the loading screens in Afterbirth, the "voice of god" shown to be coming from the Lost, meaning he's a direct cause of the events in the game. Add this.
- The little cuts between floors are always seen like Isaac's dreams, I wouldn't say they are real as it, or has Isaac already broken his legs jumping down through the trapdoor in the room? Or has he already been in the chest? (consider that's in the middle of a run), I won't remove it from now, but I will state that the loading screens are more of a dream than an actual thing. --Konato K (talk) 16:33, 6 November 2015 (UTC)
- Righto, didn't thought about it this way, so you did well. Tnx. And you might view the lost as Isaac's ghost, so that might not be the case at all, just a dream of child, wondering why did it get so wrong.
Lost doesn't have spectral tears?[edit source]
I'm playing as The Lost in Rebirth as I write this, and contrary to the first paragraph of this page it definitely doesn't have spectral tears. Is that an Afterbirth thing? Is something atypical happening with my game? From where I'm sitting that just looks like a straight-up falsehood.
- They recently patched the Xbox version so that The Lost starts with spectral tears, so I assumed that they did the same with the PC version like they said they would, but apparently they haven't. --Exschwasion (talk) 23:49, 26 November 2015 (UTC)
- In the latest 3DS version of Rebirth, they added the D4 to The Lost's starting items, but he doesn't start with spectral tears there either. --Anon
Added recommendation for Lost Unlock[edit source]
We know that we can unlock The Lost in Afterbirth by dying in a Sacrifice Room while holding the Missing Poster trinket. I figured out that the best way to obtain the Missing Poster is to find Mom's Box (usually in the Shop) and use it until it drops the Missing Poster. Any Battery items/pickups will improve your chances. Also, the sacrifice method works on any character too, so if you want to go Azazel and then die in a Sacrifice Room with the Missing Poster, go for it.
So, today I started a Lost run. Went into the curse room, got Dead Cat. Some other stuff happened, and then, on the second floor, I got hit... and survived. No holy mantle or anything. I just survived. This wasn't a one-time thing either. I took a ton of damage over the rest of the run. I still couldn't pick up red hearts or anything, but my health never depleted for some reason. The only time I died was from taking a devil deal. I'm just wondering, has anyone seen this before? Know why it happens? Note: I didn't have the DLC when this happened.
Commentary on removed Judas seed[edit source]
0643 RHF7 (Normal Run) Very easy and fast run to get to Mom, Brimstone, The small rock and other damage items very early on.
Removed this after trying it - seems very hard. Didn't see Brimstone (maybe because I took a hit in the first boss fight?) But I don't see what use a Brimstone drop is on a Judas run with no health drops anyway...?!
Lost can be unlocked without Isaac[edit source]
In a run in Afterbirth+,im playing with ??? and i founded Missing Poster.This wiki says that The Lost is only unlocked by dying in a Sacrifice Room with Isaac while having Missing Poster,but...strangely when i do it with Blue Baby,i died and a pop up emerges saying that The Lost is unlocked.I dont know if it was a bug or its not necessary unlock the characther with Isaac. --ShadowRadical (talk) 16:49, 7 April 2017 (UTC)
Extra Lives?[edit source]
I'm playing with Afterbirth+ and when playing as the lost extra lives do appear on the HUD for me. The wiki says it won't do that and after searching several pages regarding items that give extra lives and just the lost in general I still have not found any references to this. I was thinking of making edits but before I do I was wondering if anyone would be willing to do some research with me. So far all the edits I have made have been minor ones. Since this is obviously pretty significant, and since it spans across several pages, I would like to ask for help the community for help to make sure I can pull everything together properly. I'll wait about a week or two and if no one wants to help out I guess I'll start working on it myself, but I would still really appreciate it if others can contribute.
- I'm under the impression that when it says it does not show up on the HUD it means without DLC. I'd just like someone to confirm this for me please.
- When I got the DLC I got both of them at same time so I have not used the lost on Afterbirth. Could someone with Afterbirth play around and see if the extra lives show?
- It would probably be a good idea for someone other than me to confirm they do appear on the Afterbirth+ HUD. More people who can confirm this will lead to this finding being viewed with higher credibility.
- I guess just send me a message with your findings and all relevant information, as well as who you are on the wiki. I will do my best to cite everyone, but if there are hundreds of responses I'm obviously just going to stop after a while.
- I would like to thank everyone in advance for helping me with this. I greatly appreciate it.
- Hello, and thanks for having the initiative to get the ball rolling! I can confirm that extra lives do indeed show up in AB+, though I cannot prove if that happens in AB. If someone comes forth with proof that extra lives don't appear in AB, I'll start editing pages to show that. I'm not sure what you mean by "it spans across several pages", isn't it just the one notice on The Lost's page? --JokerPixel (talk) 00:32, 26 November 2018 (UTC)