The Lump is a Monster that can be encountered in The Womb or Utero. It appears as a red lump popping out of the ground, with a gaping mouth and two beady eyes. It attacks by shooting a spread of three shots when Isaac comes within range, then burrowing underground and resurfacing in a different part of the room. Lumps will also burrow underground if the player doesn't come in its range for a certain amount of time.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When a Lump is a Green or Purple Champion, it can be seen teleporting around the room while burrowed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Lumps had a radically different appearance in the original Binding of Isaac.
- Lumps are similar in appearance to the Betus enemies from one of Edmund McMillen's previous games, Super Meat Boy.
- Lumps can appear as light-brown in the Scarred Womb.
- Lumps are now red in the Scarred Womb.
Variations[edit | edit source]
Tar Boy[edit | edit source]
Tar Boys were added in Booster Pack #4.
Like the Lump, the Tar Boy burrows underground and resurfaces in a different part of the room. It will frequently fire a short-ranged spray of shots towards Isaac that leaves behind slowing black creep.
If Isaac is standing in the black creep, Tar Boys can occasionally cause several shots to fire straight upwards out of the creep where Isaac is standing. This can also occur with black creep spawned by other enemies such as Gushes.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|