Effects[edit | edit source]
- Drops a random card or rune on pickup.
- Doubles the effect of most cards and runes.
Effects by Card or Rune[edit | edit source]
Cards and Runes not listed do not benefit from Tarot Cloth.
- III - The EmpressTriggers the Whore of Babylon effect (+1.5 damage, +0.3 speed) for the current room, but without the need for Isaac to have a red heart or less of health.: Doubles the stat increases.
- V - The HierophantSpawns 2 soul hearts.: Spawns four soul hearts.
- VI - The LoversSpawns 2 full red hearts. If used in a black heart or eternal heart-containing Super Secret Room, it will spawn those types of hearts instead.: Spawns four red hearts.
- VII - The ChariotGrants the temporary invulnerability effect of My Little Unicorn.: Doubles the duration of the invulnerability.
- VIII - JusticeSpawns one of each consumable drop (a heart, a key, a bomb, and a coin). Hearts have a chance to spawn as either a Half Red Heart or a 1+1 Free Heart.: Spawns twice as many pickups.
- X - Wheel of FortuneSpawns an arcade machine (Slot Machine or Fortune Teller).: Spawns two machines.
- XI - StrengthGrants the effect of Magic Mushroom (increases all of Isaac's stats except tears), but adds one (temporary) heart container for the current room as opposed to a permanent one.: Doubles the stat increases.
- XIII - DeathDeals 40 damage to all enemies in the room (same effect as The Necronomicon).: Deals 80 damage to all enemies in the room.
- XIV - TemperanceSpawns a blood donation machine.
Spawns a devil beggar in Greed Mode.: Spawns two blood donation machines.
- XVI - The TowerSpawns 6 troll bombs randomly around the room (same effect as the Anarchist Cookbook).: Spawns 12 troll bombs.
- XX - JudgementSpawns a Beggar.: Spawns two beggars.
- 2 of ClubsDoubles your bombs. If you have no bombs, gives you 2 instead.: Quadruples Isaac's bombs.
- 2 of DiamondsDoubles your coins. If you have no coins, gives you 2 instead.: Quadruples Isaac's coins.
- 2 of SpadesDoubles your keys. If you have no keys, gives you 2 instead.: Quadruples Isaac's keys.
- 2 of HeartsDoubles Isaac's current number of red hearts. Does not affect Eternal Hearts, Soul Hearts, or Black Hearts. Doesn't add new heart containers, just fills empty ones.: Quadruples Isaac's red hearts.
- Suicide KingKills Isaac and spawns lots of pickups, items, and/or chests in the same room.: Spawns twice as many pickups/items/chests.
- ? CardWhen used, copies the effect of Isaac's currently held activated collectible.: Activates the effect of Isaac's active item twice.
- Ancient RecallSpawns 3 random cards.: Spawns 6 cards.
- AlgizGrants a shield which lasts for 30 seconds.: Doubles the duration of the shield, making it last a full minute.
- BerkanoSummons 3 friendly blue flies and 3 friendly blue spiders.: Spawns 6 blue flies and 6 blue spiders.
- DagazRemoves any curses from the current floor and grants a soul heart. (This will not remove Curse of the Labyrinth.): Removes any curses from the current floor and grants two soul hearts.
- JeraClones all pickups and chests in a room (including shop pickups; the clones can then be picked up for free). Cloned chests will contain exactly the same type of items: if the original contains a pickup, so will the clone; the same is true for Collectibles. Cannot clone other Jera runes and trinkets.: Quadruples all pickups and chests in the room.
- PerthroRerolls all pedestal items in the room. (This is the same effect as The D6.): Instantly re-rolls items twice, essentially removing an extra item from the item pool.
- Blank RuneGrants a random rune effect (excluding the Black Rune). Has a 25% chance to spawn another Blank Rune upon use.: Activates two random rune effects. Attempts to spawn additional Blank Rune twice.
- Black RuneDeals 40 damage to all enemies in the room. Consumes all pickups in the room and turns them into blue flies and spiders. Consumes all pedestal items in the room and turns them into random stat upgrades.: Deals 80 damage to all enemies in the room. Other effects are unchanged.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Tarot Cloth's effect also applies to card effects used through Blank Card.
- As a result, using the Blank Card in conjunction with the Car Battery will cause the effect of the active card to quadruple, instead of double.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Tarot cloth is a reference to a particular type of cloth that covers tables during tarot card readings.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|