Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Once activated, all tears in the air split into 6 tears, similar to the Tammy's HeadShoots 10 tears in a circle around Isaac, which retain the damage, shot speed, and special effects (such as poison) of Isaac's tears. effect.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 9 VoltReduces the charge of any Activated Items by 1. Any 1 charge items instead have timed recharges.: The item will recharge over time, allowing it to be used multiple times per room.
- Angelic PrismGrants a prism orbital with a large orbital radius. Tears that pass through the prism split into four multi-colored tears.: Tears that are split by the prism can be split again by Tear Detonator.
- Anti-Gravity-2 Tear Delay. Tears float in position until firing ceases, after which they will fly off in the direction they were shot in.: All tears currently floating in the air will be multiplied, resulting in a massive amount of tears.
- The BatteryActivated Items can be "overcharged" to allow for an additional use.: Similar to the Car Battery synergy, though it must be manually triggered.
- Car BatteryCauses Isaac's activated item to activate twice on each use.: Multiplies the tears, effectively creating dozens of tears.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Tears that are split can split again into burst tears.
- Continuum+2.25 Range Up. +1.5 Tear Height. Isaac's tears travel through walls and appear out of the opposite wall. Isaac's tears also travel over rocks and objects.: The tears will explode into six tears which travel through walls.
- Shooting Familiars: Shooting familiars' tears explode into Isaac's tears, with his actual damage and effects.
- Fruit CakeIsaac's tears gain a random effect that changes every shot.: All of the split tears will have random effects.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Splits tears into 6 Haemolacria tears that burst into split tears. If split tears are burst, all of them will split into 6 Haemolacria tears creating an enormous amount of tears when the main tear splits again.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: All tears will split into 6 explosive tears, making it very powerful (but also dangerous unless Isaac has Host HatA host familiar that sits on Isaac's head and has a random chance to block enemy shots and retaliate with 3 tears. Grants immunity to explosions. or PyromaniacIsaac heals 1 heart instead of taking damage from an explosive source. Adds 5 bombs.).
- Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.: All tears in tear barrage and stone will burst into 6 tears.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Similar to the Haemolacria synergy, if the main tear splits, 6 tears will spawn that can be fed. However, if burst tears are split, all burst tears will split into 6 tears resulting in an enormous amount of tears that are likely to feed each other.
- Lead PencilAfter every 15 tears fired, Isaac will fire a high-damage cluster of tears./ Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Multiplies all tears in the burst.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: The tear explodes into six smaller tears, then reappears next to the player.
- The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Parasite split tears will split also into 6 additional tears.
- ProptosisTears start out massive with high damage, and then shrink down and become weaker over a short range.: All tears, regardless of their current size, will split into tears at their maximum size before shrinking as normal.
- Sad Bombs+5 Bombs. Upon exploding, bombs shoot 8 tears off in every direction, similar to Tammy's Head. The tears are affected by any tear modifiers Isaac has on his own tears.: Bomb tears are multiplied.
- Spoon BenderGrants Isaac homing tears.: Tears will explode into six homing tears, making them more likely to hit enemies.
- Technology ZeroConnects Isaac's tears with electricity that can damage enemies.: All tears that are split are connected via electricity.
- Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop.: Tears split, and then orbit around where the tear was originally, three spinning clockwise, three counterclockwise.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Tears split into six beams.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.: No matter how charged the tears are, split tears always deal a tiny amount of damage.
Tear Detonator becomes useless with the following, barring other sources of tears:
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|