Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Once activated, all tears in the air split into 6 tears, similar to the Tammy's HeadShoots 10 tears in a circle around Isaac, which retain the damage, shot speed, and special effects (such as poison) of Isaac's tears. effect.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 9 VoltReduces the charge of any Activated Items by 1. Any 1 charge items instead have timed recharges.: The item will recharge over time, allowing it to be used multiple times per room.
- Angelic PrismGrants a prism orbital with a large orbital radius. Tears that pass through the prism split into four multi-colored tears.: Tears that are split by the prism can be split again by Tear Detonator.
- Anti-Gravity-2 Tear Delay. Tears float in position until firing ceases, after which they will fly off in the direction they were shot in.: All tears currently floating in the air will be multiplied, resulting in a massive amount of tears.
- The BatteryActivated Items can be "overcharged" to allow for an additional use.: Similar to the Car Battery synergy, though it must be manually triggered.
- Car BatteryCauses Isaac's activated item to activate twice on each use.: Multiplies the tears, effectively creating dozens of tears.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Tears that are split can split again into burst tears.
- Continuum+2.25 Range Up. +1.5 Tear Height. Isaac's tears travel through walls and appear out of the opposite wall. Isaac's tears also travel over rocks and objects.: The tears will explode into six tears which travel through walls.
- Shooting Familiars: Shooting familiars' tears explode into Isaac's tears, with his actual damage and effects.
- Fruit CakeIsaac's tears gain a random effect that changes every shot.: All of the split tears will have random effects.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Splits tears into 6 Haemolacria tears that burst into split tears. If split tears are burst, all of them will split into 6 Haemolacria tears creating an enormous amount of tears when the main tear splits again.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: All tears will split into 6 explosive tears, making it very powerful (but also dangerous unless Isaac has Host HatA host familiar that sits on Isaac's head and has a random chance to block enemy shots and retaliate with 3 tears. Grants immunity to explosions. or PyromaniacIsaac heals 1 heart instead of taking damage from an explosive source. Adds 5 bombs.).
- Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.: All tears in tear barrage and stone will burst into 6 tears.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Similar to the Haemolacria synergy, if the main tear splits, 6 tears will spawn that can be fed. However, if burst tears are split, all burst tears will split into 6 tears resulting in an enormous amount of tears that are likely to feed each other.
- Lead PencilAfter every 15 tears fired, Isaac will fire a high-damage cluster of tears./ Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Multiplies all tears in the burst.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: The tear explodes into six smaller tears, then reappears next to the player.
- The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Parasite split tears will split also into 6 additional tears.
- ProptosisTears start out massive with high damage, and then shrink down and become weaker over a short range.: All tears, regardless of their current size, will split into tears at their maximum size before shrinking as normal.
- Sad Bombs+5 Bombs. Upon exploding, bombs shoot 8 tears off in every direction, similar to Tammy's Head. The tears are affected by any tear modifiers Isaac has on his own tears.: Bomb tears are multiplied.
- Spoon BenderGrants Isaac homing tears.: Tears will explode into six homing tears, making them more likely to hit enemies.
- Technology ZeroConnects Isaac's tears with electricity that can damage enemies.: All tears that are split are connected via electricity.
- Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop.: Tears split, and then orbit around where the tear was originally, three spinning clockwise, three counterclockwise.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Tears split into six beams.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.: No matter how charged the tears are, split tears always deal a tiny amount of damage.
Tear Detonator becomes useless with the following, barring other sources of tears:
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|