From Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki
Technology is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Replaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range, but does not fire over rocks and obstacles.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Laser rate of fire is determined by the tears stat. This differentiates the item from Technology 2 which fires a continuous beam, and Tech.5 which has a random fire rate.
- If Blue Baby takes Technology, the eye left uncovered by the device will look like a normal eye and not an X.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Apple! / Euthanasia / Tough Love: The lasers can gain the damage multiplier from each of the items, although there is no visual difference. Euthanasia loses its instant kill ability, however.
- Brimstone: Overrides Technology.
- The Technology laser coils around the Brimstone beam, granting a 1.5x damage multiplier.
- Chocolate Milk: Increases fire rate by adjusting tear delay down, allowing going below the normal minimum.
- Epic Fetus: Fires lasers in all directions upon impact of a missile.
- Fire Mind: Laser lights enemies on fire but loses ability to explode enemies.
- The Inner Eye: Isaac shoots 3 lasers with decreased rate of fire.
- The Ludovico Technique: The laser becomes a large ring that is controllable and looks like a Tech X shot. Enemies inside the ring without touching it are not hurt. Shot speed is ignored. The Tears stat is ignored and damage is dealt very rapidly at a rate equivalent to 2 tear delay.
- Mom's Eye: Fires a laser from the back of Isaac's head as well as the front.
- Monstro's Lung: Several additional lasers fire in random directions. (One beam will always fire straight forward as normal.)
- Mutant Spider: Isaac shoots 4 lasers with decreased rate of fire.
- Polyphemus: Greatly increases damage while decreasing rate of fire.
- Proptosis: Doubles damage.
- Doubles damage but it rapidly decreases with distance, down to 0.1 from about 6 tiles away.
- Soy Milk: Expected high damage down and very high tears up. Because Technology has no knockback like standard tears, this will generally be a good DPS increase.
- Tech X: Both fire at the same time.
- Technology 2: Both fire at the same time.
- Tiny Planet: Laser circles around Isaac and then continues its path forward in a straight line. The laser is also spectral.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- 20/20: Overridden by Technology.
- Shoot 2 lasers.
- Anti-Gravity: Tears up, but no Anti-Gravity effect.
- Azazel: Overrides Azazel's Brimstone.
- Technology laser wraps around the Brimstone beam, dealing extra damage, but not increasing Brimstone range.
- Blue Cap: Tears up, shot speed decrease is ignored.
- Blood Clot: 50% chance to apply the flat damage up with each shot.
- Chemical Peel: 50% chance to apply the flat damage up with each shot.
- Continuum: Overridden by Technology.
- Cursed Eye: Overridden by Technology.
- Cricket's Body: Tear delay down as expected, but no benefit from the splash effect.
- Dead Onion: Shoots spectral lasers.
- Death's Touch: Overridden by Technology, but still gain damage.
- Dr. Fetus: Overrides Technology.
- Fires lasers in addition to bombs.
- Flat Worm/ Pulse Worm/ Ring Worm/ Whip Worm: No effect.
- Godhead: Homing laser, but the halo is lost.
- Head of the Keeper: Overridden by Technology.
- Holy Light: Holy light shots will not activate.
- Hook Worm: Laser follows a square wave, which increases its hitbox.
- Ipecac: Laser poison targets.
- : Additionally, gives a flat +4 damage.
- Jacob's Ladder: Overridden by Technology.
- A Lump of Coal: No effect.
- Damage increases the further away the enemy is, on a multiplier that is roughly +20% per tile of distance. This allows for a huge damage increase from longer distances.
- Mom's Knife: Overrides Technology.
- My Reflection: Overridden by Technology.
- Makes the beam curve the opposite direction while Isaac is moving sideways.
- Mysterious Liquid: Overridden by Technology.
- The laser spawns pools of liquid always when it hits obstacles and occasionally on enemies.
- Number One: Expected tears up and the laser's color turns yellow.
- Pupula Duplex: Laser becomes spectral.
- The Parasite: Overridden by Technology.
- Parasitoid: Overridden by Technology.
- Rubber Cement: Overridden by Technology.
- Lasers bounce off of walls.
- Sacred Heart: Homing laser.
- Spoon Bender: Homing laser.
- Wiggle Worm: Laser follows a sine wave, which increases its hitbox.
Ingame Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is used in Challenge #16 (Computer Savvy).
Seeds[edit | edit source]
9SS3 3YXY (Second floor treasure room) (+ Technology 2 on third floor)
GXSE V7P4 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
EZTZ CL68 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
RR0G KKQJ (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
GXA1 L6XC (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
11DA E0JZ (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|