Technology is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Replaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range, but does not fire over rocks and obstacles.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Laser rate of fire is determined by the tears stat. This differentiates the item from Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously. which fires a continuous beam, and Tech.5Grants a unlimited range piercing laser with random rate of fire that does not replace tears. The laser might occasionally fire with the effect of a random item or trinket, such as Hook Worm, Spoon Bender or Tiny Planet. which has a random fire rate.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Apple!Increases tears. Adds a chance to fire a high-damage razor blade./ Tough LoveAdds a chance to shoot a tooth instead of a tear, which deals greater damage than regular tears.: The lasers can gain the damage multiplier from each of the items, although there is no visual difference.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Overrides Technology.
- The Technology laser coils around the Brimstone beam, granting a 1.5x damage multiplier.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Fires lasers in all directions upon impact of a missile.
- Fire MindGrants flaming tears that deal burning damage over time. Tears have a chance to explode on impact with an enemy, which creates a fire at the location of the explosion.: Laser lights enemies on fire but loses ability to explode enemies.
- The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: Isaac shoots multiple lasers with decreased rate of fire.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: The laser becomes a large ring that is controllable and looks like a Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring. shot. Enemies inside the ring without touching it are not hurt. Shot speed is ignored. The Tears stat is ignored and damage is dealt very rapidly at a rate equivalent to 2 tear delay.
- Mom's EyeAllows Isaac to fire tears from the back of his head.: Fires a laser from the back of Isaac's head as well as the front.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Several additional lasers fire in random directions. (One beam will always fire straight forward as normal.)
- ProptosisTears start out massive with high damage, and then shrink down and become weaker over a short range.: Doubles damage.
- Doubles damage but it rapidly decreases with distance, down to 0.1 from about 6 tiles away.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Expected high damage down and very high tears up. Because Technology has no knockback like standard tears, this will generally be a good DPS increase.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Both fire at the same time.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: Both fire at the same time.
- Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop.: Laser circles around Isaac and then continues its path forward in a straight line. The laser is also spectral.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot.: Overridden by Technology.
- Shoot 2 lasers.
- Anti-Gravity-2 Tear Delay. Tears float in position until firing ceases, after which they will fly off in the direction they were shot in.: Tears up, but no Anti-Gravity effect.
- Azazel: Overrides Azazel's Brimstone.
- Technology laser wraps around the Brimstone beam, dealing extra damage, but not increasing Brimstone range.
- Blue CapGrants 1 heart container and increases tears, but decreases shot speed.: Tears up, shot speed decrease is ignored.
- Blood ClotIncreases damage by 1 and range by 5 for tears fired from the left eye.: 50% chance to apply the flat damage up with each shot.
- Chemical PeelTears fired from left eye do increased damage.: 50% chance to apply the flat damage up with each shot.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.: Lasers can't be charged, but reduces Isaac's tear delay by 20%.
- Continuum+2.25 Range Up. +1.5 Tear Height. Isaac's tears travel through walls and appear out of the opposite wall. Isaac's tears also travel over rocks and objects.: Overridden by Technology.
- Cursed EyeGrants charged tears that can be fired in a tight burst of four. Getting hit while charging will teleport Isaac into another room.: Overridden by Technology.
- Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's.: Tear delay down as expected, but no benefit from the splash effect.
- Dead EyeIsaac's damage increases each time an enemy is hit. Damage is reset upon missing a shot.: Overridden by Technology.
- Death's TouchIncreases Damage by 1.5, reduces Tears by 0.3 and increases tear size. Grants piercing tears. Tears are replaced by Death's scythes, which is a cosmetic effect only.: Overridden by Technology, but still gain damage.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Overrides Technology.
- Fires lasers in addition to bombs.
- EuthanasiaAdds a chance to fire needles. If a needle kills an enemy, it bursts into more needles.: The lasers can gain the damage multiplier from Euthanasia although there is no visual difference. Euthanasia loses its instant kill ability, however.
- Flat WormIsaac's tears take on an oblong appearance. They also push enemies back./ Pulse WormShots pulse in size./ Ring WormGives Isaac spinning shots.: No effect.
- GodheadIncreases damage and range while reducing tears and shot speed. Grants homing tears and tears gain a damaging halo.: Homing laser, but the halo is lost.
- Head of the KeeperIsaac's tears become coins and now have a chance to drop pennies on the floor upon successfully hitting an enemy.: Overridden by Technology.
- Holy LightIsaac has a random chance to fire a Holy tear, which, when it hits an enemy, will spawn a Crack the Sky-style light beam on the same enemy, dealing damage.: Holy light shots will not activate.
- Hook WormTears move shifting left to right forming a path of right angles. +10 to Range (effective range remains about the same).: Laser follows a square wave, which increases its hitbox.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Laser poisons targets.
- : Additionally, gives a flat +4 damage.
- Jacob's LadderTears fire sparks of electricity in random directions upon hitting an obstacle or enemy.: Overridden by Technology.
- A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do.: No effect.
- Damage increases the further away the enemy is, on a multiplier that is roughly +20% per tile of distance. This allows for a huge damage increase from longer distances.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Overrides Technology.
- Both fire normally.
- When playing as Lilith, Mom's Knife overrides Technology.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power. + The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: The laser ring becomes centered on Isaac and cannot be controlled, and the knife can not be fired. This makes some rooms impossible to do without a familiar.
- Both fire normally.
- My ReflectionGives Isaac's tears a boomerang effect, and increases range and shot speed.: Overridden by Technology.
- Makes the beam curve the opposite direction while Isaac is moving sideways.
- Mysterious LiquidTears leave a small, short lasting pool of creep on impact or when their range is depleted.: Overridden by Technology.
- The laser spawns pools of liquid always when it hits obstacles and occasionally on enemies.
- Number One+1.5 tears, -17.62 range: Expected tears up and the laser's color turns yellow.
- Ouroboros WormTears travel in a large spiral pattern and become spectral.: No effect on laser besides +4 range.
- Pupula DuplexTransforms Isaac's tears into a wide arc shape which gives them a much larger hitbox. Gives Isaac spectral tears which allows them to travel through objects in the environment (i.e. rocks).: Laser becomes spectral.
- The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Overridden by Technology.
- ParasitoidAdds a chance to fire an egg sack which spawns slowing creep and spawns a blue fly or spider upon hitting an enemy.: Overridden by Technology.
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.: Overridden by Technology.
- Lasers bounce off of walls.
- Whip WormIncreases shot speed by 0.5, increasing effective range.: No effect on laser besides +0.5 shot speed.
- Wiggle WormGives Isaac's shots a wave-like trajectory. +0.3 Tears up.: Laser follows a sine wave, which increases its hitbox.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Unlockable achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is used in Challenge #16 (Computer Savvy).
Seeds[edit | edit source]
9SS3 3YXY (Second floor treasure room) (+ Technology 2 on third floor)
GXSE V7P4 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
EZTZ CL68 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
RR0G KKQJ (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
GXA1 L6XC (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
11DA E0JZ (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|