Technology 2 is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Replaces the character's right eye tears with an unlimited range piercing laser which fires continuously.
- x0.65 Damage multiplier.
- The laser deals 20% of Isaac's damage per tick, compounding with the damage down.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Tear delay is effectively doubled, as Isaac will do a bit of the animation to fire a right eye tear, but no tear will come out.
- Charged shots are not affected by the effective tear delay down, as they don't use the alternative left eye/right eye fire scheme.
- As Cain can only fire tears from his right eye, Technology 2 will replace his tears altogether, unless he has TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range. or a charged attack.
- Because Lilith is blindfolded and relies on her IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects., the only effect gained from Technology 2 is the damage down.
- Unlike TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range., Technology 2 doesn't override Azazel-inherent Brimstone and the laser can be fired while the Brimstone is charged.
- Technology wraps around Brimstone beams and does not override Azazel's Brimstone.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Azazel: The Technology 2 laser continuously fires as Azazel charges his Brimstone. Damage is still reduced.
- 8 Inch Nails+1.5 Damage Up. Replaces Isaac's tears with nails, which have increased knockback.: The laser will constantly knock back enemies.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Overrides Technology 2, but retains the reduced damage.
- Laser fires continuously while Brimstone is charging.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.: Tears shot from the left eye will gain the charged shot effect but the laser is unaffected.
- Dead OnionGrants piercing and spectral tears. Increases tear size (without increasing damage) while greatly reducing range and shot speed.: Overridden by Technology 2.
- IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects.: Decreases damage of Incubus' tears; Incubus does not fire a continuous laser.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Tears shot from the left eye will gain the charged shot effect but the laser is unaffected.
- Ouija BoardGrants spectral tears that travel through obstacles (but not enemies) instead of breaking on impact with them.: Tears shot from the left eye will gain the spectral effect but the laser is unaffected.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Blood ClotIncreases damage by 1 and range by 5 for tears fired from the left eye./ Chemical PeelTears fired from left eye do increased damage.: Since Isaac's right eye is replaced by Technology 2, he can only fire tears from his left eye, which gives all his tears higher damage and range.
- Cursed EyeGrants charged tears that can be fired in a tight burst of four. Getting hit while charging will teleport Isaac into another room.: Laser fires continuously while Cursed eye is charging, retaining the teleporting effect.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: The laser fires while the missiles are being charged.
- Fire MindGrants flaming tears that deal burning damage over time. Tears have a chance to explode on impact with an enemy, which creates a fire at the location of the explosion.: Laser will set enemies on fire but will not explode.
- Homing Tears: Gives homing laser and tears.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Laser damage increases dramatically while also gaining the poison effect.
- Lost ContactEvery tear has a small shield which will allow it to block one enemy projectile.: The laser destroys all hostile projectiles that come into contact with it.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Isaac simultaneously controls a tear and fires the laser; however, Isaac will only fire the Technology 2 laser in the direction that the tear is currently facing.
- A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do.: Damage increases the further away the enemy is, on a multiplier that is roughly +20% per tile of distance. This allows for a mitigation of damage penalty from longer distances.
- MarkedIsaac will now fire tears automatically directed at a red target on the ground which is controlled by the player. This allows for a full 360 degree tear firing radius. Can be overridden by other tear modifiers such as Mom's Knife or Brimstone.: Isaac simultaneously controls a big red target on the ground and fires the laser in the cardinal directions.
- Mom's ContactsAdds a chance to shoot petrifying tears, which stop enemies in place and prevent them from moving or attacking. Range up.: The laser causes enemies to enter a state of "perma-freeze" if constantly fired upon.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Laser fires while charging knife.
- My ReflectionGives Isaac's tears a boomerang effect, and increases range and shot speed.: Laser is bent as Isaac moves, then gradually becomes straight as he stands still.
- Pisces-1 Tear Delay, adds knock-back shots and increases tear size.: Laser can knock back enemies well due to its high fire rate.
- PolyphemusMakes Isaac shoot one huge tear. Also reduces Tears to minimum. Damage increased . If tear does more damage than an enemy's life, the tear continues to travel with the extra remaining damage.: Greatly increases the laser's damage, counteracting the damage penalty.
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.: Laser bounces off of walls.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Equips two lasers that can be fired at the same time. As Technology is always fired from the right eye, it is not affected by the effective tear delay down.
- Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop.: The laser spirals around Isaac once and then go straight again.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Fires both simultaneously, however, both damage reductions are applied.
- The WizTears simultaneously fire out of both eyes diagonally, similar to the effect of the R U A Wizard? pill. Isaac's tears also travel above all obstacles.: Tears are fired diagonally while the laser is fired straight forward.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Unlockable achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is used in Challenge #16 (Computer Savvy).
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! Technology 2 prevents Lead Pencil and normal tears from firing.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
0MHZ FGZR (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
7E2Z BDY6 (Treasure room two rooms on the right to spawn)
EFWH 7L4T (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
MD60 R4Q9 (First floor treasure room)
LNHL AJFO (First floor treasure room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|