| (page 2, column 9, line 2)
(page 2, column 9, line 5)
Not to be confused with Tech.5 or Technology.
Technology 2 is a passive item.
- Replaces the character's right eye tears with an unlimited range piercing laser which fires continuously.
- x0.65 Damage multiplier.
- The laser deals 20% of Isaac's damage per tick, compounding with the damage down.
- Tear delay is effectively doubled, as Isaac will do a bit of the animation to fire a right eye tear, but no tear will come out.
- Charged shots are not affected by the effective tear delay down, as they don't use the alternative left eye/right eye fire scheme.
- As Cain can only fire tears from his right eye, Technology 2 will replace his tears altogether, unless he has Technology or a charged attack.
- Because Lilith is blindfolded and relies on her Incubus, the only effect gained from Technology 2 is the damage down.
- Unlike Technology, Technology 2 doesn't override Azazel-inherent Brimstone and the laser can be fired while the Brimstone is charged.
- Technology wraps around Brimstone beams and does not override Azazel's Brimstone.
- 8 Inch Nails: The laser will constantly knock back enemies.
- Brimstone: Overrides Technology 2, but retains the reduced damage.
- Laser fires continuously while Brimstone is charging.
- Chocolate Milk: Tears shot from the left eye will gain the charged shot effect but the laser is unaffected.
- Dead Onion: Overridden by Technology 2.
- Epic Fetus: Both the Technology 2 laser, and the Epic Fetus missiles will be active.
- Incubus: Decreases damage of Incubus' tears. Incubus does not fire a continuous laser.
- Ipecac: Explosive shots can be fired while preserving Technology 2 laser, and laser damage increases dramatically while also gaining the poison effect.
- Lead Pencil: Technology 2 prevents Lead Pencil and normal tears from firing.
- Loki's Horns: The laser will occasionally shoot in a cross pattern keeping the unlimited range and only attacking once.
- The Ludovico Technique: Isaac simultaneously controls a tear and fires the Technology 2 laser; however, Isaac will only fire the Technology 2 laser in the direction that the tear is currently facing.
- Marked: Isaac simultaneously controls a big red target on the ground and fires the Technology 2 laser in the cardinal directions.
- Mom's Knife: Mom's Knife and Technology 2 do not interfere with each other.
- Monstro's Lung: Tears shot from the left eye will gain the charged shot effect but the laser is unaffected.
- Ouija Board: Tears shot from the left eye will gain the spectral effect but the laser is unaffected.
- Soy Milk: Soy milk tears are replaced by constant laser, but damage down compounds.
- 20/20: Isaac has normal 20/20 effect while also firing Technology 2's laser. Fire rate of normal tears halved.
- Azazel: The Technology 2 laser continuously fires as Azazel charges his Brimstone. Damage is still reduced.
- Blood Clot: Since Isaac's right eye is replaced by Technology 2, he can only fire tears from his left eye, which gives all his tears higher damage and range.
- Chemical Peel: Since Isaac's right eye is replaced by Technology 2, he can only fire tears from his left eye, which gives all his tears higher damage.
- Cursed Eye: Laser fires continuously while Cursed eye is charging, retaining the teleporting effect.
- Eve's Mascara: Increases damage without reducing Technology 2's rate of fire.
- Fire Mind: Laser will set enemies on fire but will not explode.
- God's Flesh: Laser has a chance to shrink enemies for approximately 5 seconds
- Homing Tears: Bends the laser to damage most enemies in front of Isaac.
- Lost Contact: The laser destroys all hostile projectiles that come into contact with it.
- A Lump of Coal: Damage increases the further away the enemy is, on a multiplier that is roughly +20% per tile of distance. This allows for a mitigation of damage penalty from longer distances.
- Mom's Contacts: The laser causes enemies to enter a state of "perma-freeze" if constantly fired upon.
- Mom's Eye: Gives a chance for Isaac to fire the laser from behind along with his primary tears.
- Mom's Eyeshadow: The laser gains a pink color and a high chance to charm any enemies it hits.
- Mutant Spider: Isaac fires four tears at once while also firing Technology 2's laser, although with much lower fire rate.
- The Mulligan: Shots from Technology 2 will trigger the spawning of flies extremely rapidly.
- My Reflection: Laser is bent as Isaac moves, then gradually becomes straight as he stands still.
- Pisces: Laser can knock back enemies well due to its high fire rate.
- Polyphemus: Greatly increases the laser's damage, counteracting the damage penalty.
- Rubber Cement: Laser bounces off of walls.
- Technology: Equips two lasers that can be fired at the same time. As Technology is always fired from the right eye, it is not affected by the effective tear delay down.
- Tiny Planet: The laser spirals around Isaac once and then go straight again.
- Spider Bite: The laser turns white and applies the chance to slow in rapid succession.
- The Wiz: Fires two shots aimed diagonally from the laser.
- This item is used in Challenge #16 (Computer Savvy).
PC 0MHZ FGZR (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
PC 7E2Z BDY6 (Treasure room two rooms on the right to spawn)
PS4 EFWH 7L4T (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
3DS MD60 R4Q9 (First floor treasure room)
Switch LNHL AJFO (First floor treasure room)