Technology 2 is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Replaces the character's right eye tears with an unlimited range piercing laser which fires continuously.
- x0.65 Damage multiplier.
- The laser deals 20% of Isaac's damage per tick, compounding with the damage down.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Tear delay is effectively doubled, as Isaac will do a bit of the animation to fire a right eye tear, but no tear will come out.
- Charged shots are not affected by the effective tear delay down, as they don't use the alternative left eye/right eye fire scheme.
- As Cain can only fire tears from his right eye, Technology 2 will replace his tears altogether unless he has Technology or a charged attack.
- Because Lilith is blindfolded and relies on her Incubus, the only effect gained from Technology 2 is the damage down.
- Unlike Technology, Technology 2 doesn't override Azazel-inherent Brimstone and the laser can be fired while the Brimstone is charged.
- Technology wraps around Brimstone beams and does not override Azazel's Brimstone.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Azazel: The Technology 2 laser continuously fires as Azazel charges his Brimstone. Damage is still reduced.
- 8 Inch Nails: The laser will constantly knock back enemies.
- Brimstone: Overrides Technology 2, but retains the reduced damage.
- Laser fires continuously while Brimstone is charging.
- Chocolate Milk: Tears shot from the left eye will gain the charged shot effect but the laser is unaffected.
- Dead Onion: Overridden by Technology 2.
- Incubus: Decreases damage of Incubus' tears; Incubus does not fire a continuous laser.
- Monstro's Lung: Tears shot from the left eye will gain the charged shot effect but the laser is unaffected.
- Ouija Board: Tears shot from the left eye will gain the spectral effect but the laser is unaffected.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Blood Clot/ Chemical Peel: Since Isaac's right eye is replaced by Technology 2, he can only fire tears from his left eye, which gives all his tears higher damage and range.
- Cursed Eye: Laser fires continuously while Cursed eye is charging, retaining the teleporting effect.
- Epic Fetus: The laser fires while the missiles are being charged.
- Fire Mind: Laser will set enemies on fire but will not explode.
- Homing Tears: Gives homing laser and tears.
- Ipecac: Laser damage increases dramatically while also gaining the poison effect.
- Lost Contact: The laser destroys all hostile projectiles that come into contact with it.
- The Ludovico Technique: Isaac simultaneously controls a tear and fires the laser; however, Isaac will only fire the Technology 2 laser in the direction that the tear is currently facing.
- A Lump of Coal: Damage increases the further away the enemy is, on a multiplier that is roughly +20% per tile of distance. This allows for mitigation of damage penalty from longer distances.
- Marked: Isaac simultaneously controls a big red target on the ground and fires the laser in the cardinal directions.
- Mom's Contacts: The laser causes enemies to enter a state of "perma-freeze" if constantly fired upon.
- Mom's Knife: Laser fires while charging knife.
- My Reflection: Laser is bent as Isaac moves, then gradually becomes straight as he stands still.
- Pisces: Laser can knock back enemies well due to its high fire rate.
- Polyphemus: Greatly increases the laser's damage, counteracting the damage penalty.
- Rubber Cement: Laser bounces off of walls.
- Technology: Equips two lasers that can be fired at the same time. As Technology is always fired from the right eye, it is not affected by the effective tear delay down.
- Tiny Planet: The laser spirals around Isaac once and then go straight again.
- Soy Milk: Fires both simultaneously, however, both damage reductions are applied.
- The Wiz: Tears are fired diagonally while the laser is fired straight forward.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Unlockable achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is used in Challenge #16 (Computer Savvy).
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! Technology 2 prevents Lead Pencil and normal tears from firing.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
0MHZ FGZR (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
7E2Z BDY6 (Treasure room two rooms on the right to spawn)
EFWH 7L4T (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
MD60 R4Q9 (First floor treasure room)
LNHL AJFO (First floor treasure room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|