Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Technology 2 is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Replaces the character's right eye tears with an unlimited range piercing laser which fires continuously.
- x0.65 Damage multiplier.
- The laser deals 20% of Isaac's damage per tick, compounding with the damage down.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Tear delay is effectively doubled, as Isaac will do a bit of the animation to fire a right eye tear, but no tear will come out.
- Charged shots are not affected by the effective tear delay down, as they don't use the alternative left eye/right eye fire scheme.
- As Cain can only fire tears from his right eye, Technology 2 will replace his tears altogether, unless he has TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range. or a charged attack.
- Because Lilith is blindfolded and relies on her IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects., the only effect gained from Technology 2 is the damage down.
- Unlike TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range., Technology 2 doesn't override Azazel-inherent Brimstone and the laser can be fired while the Brimstone is charged.
- Technology wraps around Brimstone beams and does not override Azazel's Brimstone.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- 8 Inch Nails+1.5 Damage Up. Replaces Isaac's tears with nails, which have increased knockback.: The laser will constantly knock back enemies.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Overrides Technology 2, but retains the reduced damage.
- Laser fires continuously while Brimstone is charging.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.: Tears shot from the left eye will gain the charged shot effect but the laser is unaffected.
- Dead OnionGrants piercing and spectral tears. Increases tear size (without increasing damage) while greatly reducing range and shot speed.: Overridden by Technology 2.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Both the Technology 2 laser, and the Epic Fetus missiles will be active.
- IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects.: Decreases damage of Incubus' tears. Incubus does not fire a continuous laser.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Explosive shots can be fired while preserving Technology 2 laser, and laser damage increases dramatically while also gaining the poison effect.
- Lead PencilAfter every 15 tears fired, Isaac will fire a high-damage cluster of tears.: Technology 2 prevents Lead Pencil and normal tears from firing.
- Loki's HornsGives a random chance for projectiles to fire in all 4 cardinal directions.: The laser will occasionally shoot in a cross pattern keeping the unlimited range and only attacking once.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Isaac simultaneously controls a tear and fires the Technology 2 laser; however, Isaac will only fire the Technology 2 laser in the direction that the tear is currently facing.
- MarkedIsaac will now fire tears automatically directed at a red target on the ground which is controlled by the player. This allows for a full 360 degree tear firing radius. Can be overridden by other tear modifiers such as Mom's Knife or Brimstone.: Isaac simultaneously controls a big red target on the ground and fires the Technology 2 laser in the cardinal directions.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Mom's Knife and Technology 2 do not interfere with each other.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Tears shot from the left eye will gain the charged shot effect but the laser is unaffected.
- Ouija BoardGrants spectral tears that travel through obstacles (but not enemies) instead of breaking on impact with them.: Tears shot from the left eye will gain the spectral effect but the laser is unaffected.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Soy milk tears are replaced by constant laser, but damage down compounds.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot.: Isaac has normal 20/20 effect while also firing Technology 2's laser. Fire rate of normal tears halved.
- Azazel: The Technology 2 laser continuously fires as Azazel charges his Brimstone. Damage is still reduced.
- Blood ClotIncreases damage by 1 and range by 5 for tears fired from the left eye.: Since Isaac's right eye is replaced by Technology 2, he can only fire tears from his left eye, which gives all his tears higher damage and range.
- Chemical PeelTears fired from left eye do increased damage.: Since Isaac's right eye is replaced by Technology 2, he can only fire tears from his left eye, which gives all his tears higher damage.
- Cursed EyeGrants charged tears that can be fired in a tight burst of four. Getting hit while charging will teleport Isaac into another room.: Laser fires continuously while Cursed eye is charging, retaining the teleporting effect.
- Eve's MascaraDoubles damage, halves tears stat, and greatly reduces shot speed.: Increases damage without reducing Technology 2's rate of fire.
- Fire MindGrants flaming tears that deal burning damage over time. Tears have a chance to explode on impact with an enemy, which creates a fire at the location of the explosion.: Laser will set enemies on fire but will not explode.
- God's FleshTears now have a random chance to apply a shrinking effect, causing enemies to shrink in size and also run away from Isaac. Shrunk enemies can be crushed and killed by walking over them.: Laser has a chance to shrink enemies for approximately 5 seconds
- Homing Tears: Bends the laser to damage most enemies in front of Isaac.
- Lost ContactEvery tear has a small shield which will allow it to block one enemy projectile.: The laser destroys all hostile projectiles that come into contact with it.
- A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do.: Damage increases the further away the enemy is, on a multiplier that is roughly +20% per tile of distance. This allows for a mitigation of damage penalty from longer distances.
- Mom's ContactsAdds a chance to shoot petrifying tears, which stop enemies in place and prevent them from moving or attacking. Range up.: The laser causes enemies to enter a state of "perma-freeze" if constantly fired upon.
- Mom's EyeAllows Isaac to fire tears from the back of his head.: Gives a chance for Isaac to fire the laser from behind along with his primary tears.
- Mom's EyeshadowTears have a chance to charm enemies.: The laser gains a pink color and a high chance to charm any enemies it hits.
- Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: Isaac fires four tears at once while also firing Technology 2's laser, although with much lower fire rate.
- The MulliganTears have a 1/6 chance of spawning allied blue flies when they hit an enemy.: Shots from Technology 2 will trigger the spawning of flies extremely rapidly.
- My ReflectionGives Isaac's tears a boomerang effect, and increases range and shot speed.: Laser is bent as Isaac moves, then gradually becomes straight as he stands still.
- Pisces-1 Tear Delay, adds knock-back shots and increases tear size.: Laser can knock back enemies well due to its high fire rate.
- PolyphemusMakes Isaac shoot one huge tear. Also reduces Tears to minimum. Damage increased . If tear does more damage than an enemy's life, the tear continues to travel with the extra remaining damage.: Greatly increases the laser's damage, counteracting the damage penalty.
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.: Laser bounces off of walls.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Equips two lasers that can be fired at the same time. As Technology is always fired from the right eye, it is not affected by the effective tear delay down.
- Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop.: The laser spirals around Isaac once and then go straight again.
- Spider BiteAdds a chance to shoot slowing tears, reducing speed of enemy movement and any projectile fired by them.: The laser turns white and applies the chance to slow in rapid succession.
- The WizTears simultaneously fire out of both eyes diagonally, similar to the effect of the R U A Wizard? pill. Isaac's tears also travel above all obstacles.: Fires two shots aimed diagonally from the laser.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Unlockable achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is used in Challenge #16 (Computer Savvy).
Seeds[edit | edit source]
0MHZ FGZR (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
7E2Z BDY6 (Treasure room two rooms on the right to spawn)
EFWH 7L4T (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
MD60 R4Q9 (First floor treasure room)
LNHL AJFO (First floor treasure room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|