From Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki
| The Adversary|
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Darkens the room.
- Quickly charges a homing Brimstone in any cardinal direction if Isaac is in line of fire. This is telegraphed with a very low pitched growl.
- Flies off-screen and plummets down a few seconds later, creating a shock wave that throws up damaging terrain (like The Cage, although not as far, and the terrain travels in all directions) that subsides when it reaches the radius of roughly three tiles.
- Occasionally summons Spiders.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Brimstone attack's homing effect is stronger as it gets farther away from The Adversary. It is much easier to avoid by staying close and being ready to pivot around him via quarter circle dodges when he telegraphs the attack.
- If there is a room containing two Adversaries, their Brimstone shots may be unavoidable if fired from both sides of the room simultaneously.
- Host Hat and Pyromaniac make the player immune to The Adversary's shock wave attack, since it is considered to be the same as explosions by the game.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Adversary as one of Delirium's forms.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "The adversary" is one of the ways that the original Hebrew word "ha-satan" can be translated.
- Adversary is the name of a level in Super Meat Boy, which Edmund, part of Team Meat at the time, worked on.
- The Adversary seems to be the Dark One that got severely injured, though what could have caused such injury is unknown. It is thought that it could possibly be from an earlier defeat by the player.
- The Adversary has a bandage on his horn in-game, but he does not on his boss portrait.
- The Adversary is one of the three bosses that can darken the room (a temporary Curse of Darkness effect). The other bosses are Dark One and The Lamb.
|Chapter 1|| Blighted Ovum • Dingle • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Fistula • Gemini • Gurdy Jr. • Gurglings • The Haunt • Larry Jr. • Monstro • Pin • Steven • Widow |
Dangle • Little Horn • Rag Man • Turdlings
|Chapter 2|| C.H.A.D. • Chub • Dark One • Gurdy • Gurdy Jr. • The Hollow • The Husk • Mega Fatty • Mega Maw • Peep • Pestilence • Polycephalus • Carrion Queen • The Wretched |
The Forsaken • The Frail • The Stain
Big Horn • Rag Mega
|Chapter 3|| The Adversary • The Bloat • The Cage • Carrion Queen • The Gate • Gish • Loki • Mask of Infamy • Monstro II • War • The Wretched • Mom |
|Chapter 4||Blastocyst • The Bloat • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Death • It Lives • Lokii • Mama Gurdy • Mom's Heart • Mr. Fred • Scolex • Teratoma • Triachnid|
|Chapter 5||The Fallen • Isaac • Satan|
|Chapter 6||??? • The Lamb • Mega Satan|
|Greed Mode|| Ultra Greed |
|Chapters 1-4||The Fallen • The Headless Horseman|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|