Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Darkens the room.
- Quickly charges a homing BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period. in any cardinal direction if Isaac is in line of fire. This is telegraphed with a very low pitched growl.
- Flies off-screen and plummets down a few seconds later, creating a shock wave that throws up damaging terrain (like The Cage, although not as far, and the terrain travels in all directions) that subsides when it reaches the radius of roughly three tiles.
- Occasionally summons Spiders.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Adversary as one of Delirium's forms.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Brimstone attack's homing effect is stronger as it gets farther away from The Adversary. It is much easier to avoid by staying close and being ready to pivot around him via quarter circle dodges when he telegraphs the attack.
- If there is a room containing two Adversaries, their Brimstone shots may be unavoidable if fired from both sides of the room simultaneously.
- Host HatA host familiar that sits on Isaac's head and has a random chance to block enemy shots and retaliate with 3 tears. Grants immunity to explosions. and PyromaniacIsaac heals 1 heart instead of taking damage from an explosive source. Adds 5 bombs. make the player immune to The Adversary's shock wave attack, since it is considered to be the same as explosions by the game.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "The adversary" is one of the ways that the original Hebrew word "ha-satan" can be translated.
- Adversary is the name of a level in Super Meat Boy, which Edmund, part of Team Meat at the time, worked on.
- The Adversary seems to be the Dark One that got severely injured, though what could have caused such injury is unknown. It is thought that it could possibly be from an earlier defeat by the player.
- The Adversary has a bandage on his horn in-game, but he does not on his boss portrait.
- The Adversary is one of the three bosses that can darken the room (a temporary Curse of Darkness effect). The other bosses are Dark One and The Lamb.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|