The Bible is an activated item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Grants Isaac flight for the current room.
- Instantly kills Mom, Mom's Heart and It Lives upon use.
- This item belongs to the SeraphimGrants flight and gives +3 soul hearts. set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into an angel.
- This item belongs to the BookwormRoughly 50% of the time, Isaac shoots an extra tear, like 20/20Grants double shot.. set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into Bookworm.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Using The Bible on Satan will kill Isaac.
- Using The Bible on Isaac, ???, The Lamb, Hush, Mega Satan, or Delirium has no special effect and does not kill Isaac.
- Switching active items while the Bible is active does not remove the flight, allowing continued flight until the room is exited.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bible is a set of Christian scriptures, consisting of 66 books of the Old and New Testaments (73 in Catholic Bibles).
- The Bible item instantly killing Mom, Mom's Heart, and It Lives is a reference to the epilogue of the Binding of Isaac when the Bible hits Mom's head, knocking out or killing her.
- In the original Binding of Isaac, using the Bible on Isaac and ??? would kill the player.
- This item is one of the only two in the game that work towards 2 transformations (Book Worm and Seraphim). The other one is Magic MushroomIncreases most stats, enlarges Isaac, grants a heart container and restores all health..
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! If The Bible is used on Mom with the Broken Remote trinket, it will not kill Mom and will instead teleport Isaac randomly to another room. However, this still unlocks The Halo as if Mom was killed with the Bible.
- Anarchist CookbookSpawns six troll bombs around the room.
- The BibleUpon activation, Isaac gains flight, allowing him to pass over all obstacles in the current room. Instantly kills Mom, Mom's Heart, and It Lives when activated, but will kill Isaac when activated while fighting Satan.
- The Book of BelialUpon use increases damage by 2 for the current room and by a further +50% if the character also has the Blood of the Martyr.
Guarantees a Devil Room or Angel Room will be open after beating a boss while holding it, or increases the chance by 12.5%.
- Book of the DeadUpon use, spawns a friendly Bony or an orbital bone for each enemy killed in the current room.
- Book of RevelationsAdds 1 soul heart, increases the chance for a Devil or Angel Room to appear, and increases the chance for the next boss to be a Horseman (except on XL floors and floors with fixed bosses such as Mom).
- Book of SecretsUpon use, gives the effect of Treasure Map, The Compass, or Blue Map for the duration of the current floor.
- Book of ShadowsUpon use, creates a protective shield nullifying all types of damage for 10 seconds.
- The Book of SinSpawns a random pickup, pill, card, or trinket.
- How to JumpGives Isaac the ability to jump (over gaps, spikes, etc.).
- Monster ManualSummons a random familiar for the current room. Can summon familiars not yet unlocked.
- The NecronomiconDamages all enemies in the room significantly.
- Satanic BibleUpon activation, Isaac gains a black heart.
- Telepathy for DummiesUpon activation, grants homing tears for the current room.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|