Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †/Additions
- 1 Mechanics
- 2 Menus
- 3 Player
- 4 Items
- 5 Trinkets
- 6 Pickups
- 7 Entities
- 8 Environment
- 9 Challenges
- 10 Achievements
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
HUD[edit | edit source]
- Found HUD
- Found HUD is a HUD addition that appears on the left side of the screen that gives numerical values to the player's current stats (e.g., damage, luck, speed, devil room chance). It can be enabled through the options menu.
- It is based off of the Missing HUD mod for Rebirth and Afterbirth.
Victory Lap[edit | edit source]
- A Victory Lap allows you to start a new run with almost all of your final items after completing the Dark Room. Multiple laps can be made as long as the Dark Room is cleared each time.
- Completion Marks and most Achievements cannot be earned.
- Isaac will take a full heart of damage on all floors after beginning a victory lap (unless he has The Wafer).
- Some Items are lost upon starting a victory lap. Items lost this way are added back into their respective item pools and can be acquired again.
- If the initial run was on normal difficulty, all victory laps will be on hard difficulty.
- On the third and subsequent victory laps, the character will turn into The Lost. This version of The Lost does not get a Holy Mantle or D4. However, if the run was started as The Lost (or if the Holy Mantle was found) it is possible to keep the Holy Mantle from the previous run.
- On the third and subsequent victory laps, shops will no longer appear.
- On the third and subsequent victory laps, red chests in the Dark Room will turn into brown chests and golden chests.
- Killing any final boss aside from The Lamb will end the game, and the run will not be continued further.
Menus[edit | edit source]
Options[edit | edit source]
- Charge bars
- Added a new "charge bars" option in the menu, for passive items that need to be charged up before usage.
- This includes:
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period. (collectible and Azazel)
- Cambion ConceptionAfter taking damage a certain amount of times, a permanent demonic familiar spawns.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.
- Cursed EyeGrants charged tears that can be fired in a tight burst of four. Getting hit while charging will teleport Isaac into another room.
- Lil BrimstoneA Familiar that shoots a thin Brimstone beam. Must charge like Brimstone before shooting.
- Lil DeliriumGrants a familiar that transforms into another random familiar every 10 seconds.
- Lil GurdyGives Isaac a Gurdy familiar that will charge around the room dealing contact damage to enemies. Lil Gurdy is charged by holding down a fire button and letting go. The longer the button is held, the faster Lil Gurdy will fling itself across the screen. Lil Gurdy can pass over objects and obstacles in the room.
- Lil MonstroSpawns a familiar that fires clusters of tears. Must be charged before shooting.
- Maw of the Void+1.0 Damage Up. After continuously firing tears for 2.5 seconds, a red cross appears on Isaac's head that, upon releasing the fire button, creates a black ring that rapidly deals damage equal to Isaac's tear damage to any enemies in contact with it.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.
- RERUN is unlocked after completing the RERUN achievement.
- After winning a run the Continue option in the main menu will be replaced by Rerun. Selecting it starts a new run using most of the previous won run's items. Isaac will take full heart damage on all floors.
Player[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
|Damage||3.5 (*1.00)||Forgotten: 3.50 (*1.50)|
Soul: 3.50 (*1.00)
|Starting Item(s)||VoidConsumes all pedestal items in the room. Active items will have their effects added to Void, and passive items will grant stat upgrades.||None|
Transformations[edit | edit source]
Co-op[edit | edit source]
These Babies have special bonuses that will aid the player in some way.
|55||Mort Baby||Spawns a blue fly, and spawns a new blue fly whenever its blue fly is destroyed.|
Defeat Mega Satan as ApollyonMort Baby to unlock it. The sprite greatly resembles Rotten BabyA familiar that spawns blue flies..
|56||Apollyon Baby||Spawns with two Pretty Flies.|
Earn all Hard Mode Completion Marks as ApollyonApollyon Baby to unlock it.
|57||Bone Baby||Wields a melee bone club instead of shooting tears, similarly to The Forgotten.|
Earn all Hard Mode Completion Marks as The ForgottenBone Baby to unlock it.
|58||Bound Baby||Is bound to Isaac, similarly to The Forgotten's soul. Shoots spectral tears.|
Defeat Mega Satan as The ForgottenBound Baby to unlock it.
These Babies are purely cosmetic and do not have any special behaviors.
|428||Magiccat Baby||A baby that resembles the avatar of Tikara, the artist of the Isaac Tarot deck.|
|429||Little Horn Baby||A baby that resembles Little Horn.|
|430||Folder Baby||A baby with a folder for a head.|
|431||Driver Baby||A baby that is driving a car.|
|432||Dragon Baby||A baby that resembles a dragon.|
|433||Downwell Baby||A baby that resembles the player character from Downwell.|
|434||Cylinder Baby||A baby that is shaped like a cylinder.|
|435||Cup Baby||A baby with a teacup for a head.|
|436||Cave Robot Baby||A baby that resembles Quote from Cave Story.|
|437||Breadmeat Hoodiebread Baby||A toothy baby with a slice of toast for a head that resembles Breadmeat, a member of the Isaac community.|
|438||Bigmouth Baby||A baby with a large, wide-open mouth.|
|439||Afro Rainbow Baby||A baby with a rainbow colored afro.|
|440||Afro Baby||A baby with an afro.|
|441||TV Baby||A baby with a television for a head.|
|442||Tooth Baby||A baby with a tooth for a head.|
|443||Tired Baby||A tired-looking baby.|
|444||Steroids Baby||A muscular baby.|
|445||Soap Monster Baby||A baby that resembles Balrog from Cave Story.|
|446||Rojen Whitefox Baby||A baby that resembles a white fox. (might be a reference?)|
|447||Rocket Baby||A baby that looks like a firework.|
|448||Nurf Baby||A baby that resembles D.Va from Overwatch.|
|449||Mutated Fish Baby||A baby that resembles Fish from Nuclear Throne.|
|450||Moth Baby||A baby that resembles Moth from Creepy Castle.|
|451||Buttface Baby||A baby with a butt for a face.|
|452||Flying Candle Baby||A baby that looks like a candle.|
|453||Graven Baby||A baby with long hair. (might be a reference?)|
|454||Gizzy Chargeshot Baby||A baby that resembles Gizzy from ChargeShot.|
|455||Green Koopa Baby||A baby that resembles a green koopa from Mario.|
|456||Handsome MrFrog Baby||A baby that resembles Handsome Mr. Frog from the game of the same name.|
|457||Pumpkin Guy Baby||A baby with a pumpkin for a head wearing a purple rag. Possible reference to Terraria's Pumpking.|
|458||Red Koopa Baby||A baby that resembles a red koopa from Mario.|
|459||Sad Bunny Baby||A baby that looks like a crying rabbit. This is a reference to the sprites creator, Mort Mort (MnrArt) and their character Sad Bunny Face.|
|460||Saturn Baby||A baby that resembles the main character from Sgt. Saturn.|
|461||Toast Boy Baby||A baby with a slice of bread for a head. This is a reference to the sprite's creator, Mort Mort (MnrArt) and their character Toast Boy.|
|462||Voxdog Baby||A baby that resembles Vox the Dog.|
|463||404 Baby||A baby that has the Error trinket for a head.|
|464||Arrowhead Baby||A baby with an arrow through its head.|
|465||Beanie Baby||A baby wearing a green beanie.|
|466||Blindcursed Baby||A baby with the Curse of the Blind's question mark for a head.|
|467||Burning Baby||A baby that's been burnt to a crisp.|
|468||Cursor Baby||A baby that looks like a mouse cursor.|
|469||Flybaby||A baby that looks like a fly.|
|470||Headphone Baby||A baby wearing headphones.|
|471||Knife Baby||A baby with a knife for a head.|
|472||Mufflerscarf Baby||A baby wearing a scarf.|
|473||Robbermask Baby||A baby wearing a stereotypical robber's ski mask.|
|474||Scoreboard Baby||A baby with a digital number display, like those at a sporting event or on an alarm clock, for a face.|
|475||So Many Eyes Baby||A baby with eyes all over its body.|
|476||Text Baby||A baby made out of text characters. (ASCII art)|
|477||Wing Baby||A baby with wings.|
|480||Imp Baby||A baby that resembles the modded character Fiend from Devil's Harvest MOD.|
|481||32bit Baby||A baby that resembles Isaac in a 32 bit style.|
|482||Adventure Baby||A baby that resembles Finn the Human from Adventure Time.|
|483||Bubbles Baby||A baby made entirely of tar.|
|484||Bulb Baby||A baby that's very bright for his age.|
|485||Cool Orange Baby||A baby that resembles a very cool orange with sunglasses.|
|486||Crazy Ghost Baby||A baby that resembles Crazy Diamond from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. (Also possibly a reference to the modded character.)|
|487||Cursed Pillow Baby||A baby that's unfortunately pillow shaded.|
|488||Egg Baby||A baby that resembles the modded item Greg the Egg.|
|489||Factory Baby||A baby that resembles a strange cyborg.|
|490||Falling Baby||A baby that resembles a white pineapple with goggles.|
|491||Funny Baby||A baby that resembles Sans from Undertale.|
|492||Gamer Baby||A baby that resembles an epic gamer. Inspired by a prominent member of the Binding of Isaac community.|
|493||Glittery Peach Baby||A baby resembling an oddly British Baby Plum from Antibirth.|
|494||Pompadour Baby||A baby that resembles Josuke from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. (Also possibly a reference to the modded character.)|
|495||Head Kick Baby||A baby that resembles the Facepunch Logo.|
|496||Horn Baby||A baby that resembles the modded character Chronos.|
|497||Ichor Baby||A baby that resembles Ichor beasts from the game Heckland.|
|498||Ill Baby||A baby that resembles the modded boss Mahalath.|
|499||Lazy Baby||A baby that resembles Garfield.|
|501||Necro Baby||A baby that resembles the Xenomorph from the Alien franchise.|
|502||Peeping Baby||A baby that resembles the modded boss The Peeping.|
|503||Penance Baby||A baby that resembles the modded character Sarah from Revelations.|
|504||Psychic Baby||A baby that resembles the modded character Mei.|
|505||Puppet Baby||A baby that resembles the costume for the modded item Pinhead from Happy Items Pack.|
|506||Reaper Baby||A baby that resembles the modded character Samael.|
|507||Road Kill Baby||A baby that got ran over.|
|508||Sausage Lover Baby||A baby that resembles _Kilburn, the lead developer for Antibirth.|
|509||Scribble Baby||A baby that resembles the modded character The Drawn.|
|510||Star Plant Baby||A baby that resembles the main character from Germination.|
|511||Twitchy Baby||A baby that resembles Twitch from Heckland.|
|512||Witch Baby||A baby that resembles the modded character Endor from Alphabirth.|
|513||Workshop Baby||A baby that references a common trope of workshop thumbnails when firing tears.|
|514||Hooligan Baby||A baby that resembles Čeda from LeatherIceCream's "Poor 4" animations.|
|515||Half Spider Baby||A baby that resembles Miroslav from LeatherIceCream's "Poor 4" animations.|
|516||Silly Baby||A baby that resembles Djole from LeatherIceCream's "Poor 4" animations.|
|517||Master Cook Baby||A baby that resembles Andre from LeatherIceCream's "Poor 4" animations.|
|518||Green Pepper Baby||A baby that resembles one of _Kilburn's characters.|
|519||Baggy Cap Baby||A baby that resembles one of _Kilburn's characters.|
|520||Stylish Baby||A baby resembling the character Ren from the currently unreleased game Shenanigans: World of Illusions.|
Items[edit | edit source]
109 new items were added in the expansion: 29 activated items and 80 passive items.
Activated Collectibles[edit | edit source]
Lua error: expandTemplate: template "item/a+" does not exist.
Passive Collectibles[edit | edit source]
Lua error: expandTemplate: template "item/a+" does not exist.
Trinkets[edit | edit source]
38 new trinkets were added in the expansion.
Lua error: expandTemplate: template "trinket/a+" does not exist.
Pickups[edit | edit source]
Hearts[edit | edit source]
Keys[edit | edit source]
Fully charges your currently held active item upon pickup. Can be differentiated from regular keys by having a pulsating white glow while on the ground.
Pills[edit | edit source]
Creates a pool of slippery brown creep underneath Isaac.
Creates a pool of black creep beneath Isaac.
Upon use, slows all enemies for the duration of the room.
Upon use, increases the speed of all enemies for the duration of the room. The effect triggers again 30 seconds after use and 60 seconds after use.
Upon use, any trinkets that the player is holding are destroyed, and their effects are permanently applied to the player.
Upon use, Isaac shoots an explosive tear with the IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth. effect that always deals 200 damage.
|45||Feels like I'm walking on sunshine!|
Temporarily makes Isaac invincible, similar to Unicorn StumpUpon use, grants invulnerability and increased speed for five seconds, but removes the ability to shoot tears..
Throws up the last pill you used. Will spawn itself if no other pills were taken beforehand.
Cards[edit | edit source]
|Ace of Clubs||27||Convert all||Turns all pickups and chests in the room into bombs.|
|Ace of Diamonds||28||Convert all||Turns all pickups and chests in the room into coins.|
|Ace of Hearts||30||Convert all||Turns all pickups and chests in the room into random heart pickups.|
|Ancient Recall||53||Draw 3 cards||Spawns 3 random cards.|
|Era Walk||54||Savor the moment||For the current room, enemies are slowed, Isaac's speed is increased, and his shot speed is decreased.|
|Holy Card||51||You feel protected||Grants the Holy Mantle effect for the current room.|
|Huge Growth||52||Become immense!||Makes Isaac large for the current room, increasing his range and damage.|
Runes[edit | edit source]
Chests[edit | edit source]
- Mimics appear similar to Brown Chests until Isaac moves near, at which point they sprout spikes that damage the player as a Spike Chest would. They can be distinguished from Brown Chests by their darker, purplish-brown coloring, the grayish spot on each side of the latch where the spikes will sprout from and the bloodstain.
Entities[edit | edit source]
Monsters[edit | edit source]
||Slowly hops towards Isaac, occasionally spawning black smoke balls. Spawns a Sack upon death.|
||Slowly walks towards Isaac, but increases in speed as they take damage. Constantly passively takes damage.|
||Stationary and invulnerable monster that continuously fires shots in four directions.|
||Chases Isaac and shoots 4 tears vertically and diagonally like a Cross Grimace. Dies when the room is cleared.|
Only appears in challenge #32 (Aprils Fool) as replacements to regular Stoneys.
||Slowly moves around the room, charging at Isaac very rapidly when he gets in its line of sight, leaving a trail of slowing black creep.|
||Flies towards Isaac in an erratic waving motion, periodically firing a blood shot towards Isaac that also knocks itself back. Upon death, fires a worm that flies off screen.|
||Stationary, harmless enemy that continually creates slowing black creep.|
||Walks around the room, avoiding Isaac. Releases a Leper Flesh for every 15 damage taken. After being reduced to 15 health, starts chasing Isaac and leaves damaging red creep. Spawns a Leper head chunk and Gusher upon death.|
||Stationary enemy that occasionally pops up and fires four shots in the cardinal or diagonal directions. Takes less damage while its head is down.|
||Hops towards Isaac, occasionally spitting out a cluster of disorganized shots.|
||Can only appear in pits. Attempts to launch itself at Isaac if he comes near. Occasionally burrows and pops up in another pit, and fires six shots in all directions upon death.|
|Mr. Red Maw
||Walks towards Isaac and attacks by launching its head towards Isaac. Turns into a Red Maw or Gusher upon death depending on the killed body segment. Occasionally separates at will.|
|Nerve Ending 2
||Static enemy which whips at Isaac if he gets too close.|
||Slowly crawls around the room diagonally, leaving a trail of green creep.|
||Spawns various enemies from the current floor until it either vanishes or is killed.|
||Flies slowly towards Isaac. Spawns a vortex that fires four Brimstone beams in the cardinal directions upon death.|
||Chases Isaac and blocks tears, but does not deal contact damage. Temporarily pauses in exhaustion after a certain amount of time. Invulnerable; dies when the room is cleared.|
||Pops out of the ground in random locations and fires a short-ranged spray of shots that leave behind slowing black creep. If Isaac stands in the creep, the Tar Boy can fire shots straight upwards out of the creep underneath Isaac.|
||Crawls along a wall and attempts to line up with Isaac, then spits a line of damaging red creep.|
||Pops out of the ground in random locations and fires a long-range spray of arcing shots.|
Bosses[edit | edit source]
5 bosses were added in Afterbirth †. Additionally, Ultra Greed received a second form in Greed Mode's hard mode.
|Rag Mega||Big Horn||Sisters Vis||The Matriarch|
Environment[edit | edit source]
Chapters[edit | edit source]
Obstacles[edit | edit source]
- Super special rocks are tinted rock variants which are much harder to spot, as they have a smaller mark and are not discolored. Super special rocks takes two bombs to blow up, and drop the contents of two tinted rocks.
- White poop is surrounded by an aura that halves tear delay and has a high chance to block damage like the Cone HeadGrants a soul heart. Adds a chance to block enemy shots. item while Isaac stands within it. The aura disappears if the poop is destroyed.
- Dirt Patches are a small mound of dirt that can be dug into with certain items. Using Mom's ShovelSpawns a trapdoor that leads to the next floor upon activation. Unlocks The Forgotten when used on a mound of dirt that appears in The Dark Room. on top of a dirt patch will reveal a skeleton and unlock The Forgotten. Once The Forgotten is unlocked, using Mom's Shovel, We Need to Go Deeper!Creates a trapdoor to go to the next floor. If used in The Womb, it will create a trapdoor to Sheol, even if the player hasn't unlocked it., or EhwazCreates a trapdoor leading to the next floor. Has an estimated 1/12 (8%) chance to spawn a door to a Crawl Space instead. on top of a dirt patch will dig up a random chest.
Machines[edit | edit source]
- It appears in the starting room of a floor if Isaac has 8 or more items.
- If Isaac bumps into Mom's Dressing Table, his appearance will be randomly changed so that only a few of his items are displayed.
- Hitting Mom's Dressing Table with an explosive will cause it to vanish and drop 1-4 pills. There is a 1% chance to spawn one of the following items instead: Mom's Underwear, Mom's Heels, Mom's Lipstick, Mom's Bra, Mom's Pad, Mom's Eyeshadow, Mom's Contacts, Mom's Wig, Mom's Perfume or Mom's Pearls.
Challenges[edit | edit source]
Lua error: expandTemplate: template "challenge/a+" does not exist.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
|Name||Image||Description||Unlock||In Game Secret Number||Platforms
Lua error: expandTemplate: template "achv/a+" does not exist.