Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- The Bloat's eyes bounce around the room immediately at the start of the fight.
- Fires eight blood shots in all directions.
- Jumps into the air and tries to land on Isaac, leaving a small puddle of Red Creep and firing eight blood shots in all directions.
- Creates large puddles of Red Creep.
- Fires 2 BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period. lasers in front of him or to both sides of him, depending on the location of the player. This attack is not telegraphed.
Champion Variants[edit | edit source]
- Green: Fires three greenish Red IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth. projectiles instead of blood shots, and spawns two Chargers whenever he creates Red Creep.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Bloat as one of Delirium's forms.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The usual tactic is to stay behind The Bloat and dodge any projectiles he may shoot behind him. If he backs himself to the back wall, try to shoot him diagonally or wait for him to use another move before attempting to strike him side ways or from behind. Bombs are highly recommended to be used here if you are a new player.
- If you stay at his right or left, but not high enough, his brimstone-like attack will be fired, but it won't hit you. It is recommended to do so to get a few free hits.
- If you start the fight directly below him or to his left or right, move out of the way immediately to avoid getting hit by an immediate BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period. blast.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Bloat's eyes can be destroyed with Chaos CardThrows the card to kill anything in its path. Opens normal doors., EuthanasiaAdds a chance to fire needles. If a needle kills an enemy, it bursts into more needles., God's FleshTears now have a random chance to apply a shrinking effect, causing enemies to shrink in size and also run away from Isaac. Shrunk enemies can be crushed and killed by walking over them. or Little HornAdds a chance to fire a piercing tear that instantly kills any enemy that it touches., making the boss fight easier.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bloat was added in the Wrath of the Lamb DLC for the original The Binding of Isaac.
- Bloat is a medical condition in which the stomach becomes overstretched by excessive gas content.
- The Bloat is one of the most hated bosses by fans due to his very difficult to avoid attacks and lack of telegraphing his brimstone attack. He is hated so much, there is an entire subreddit dedicated to hating him called r/FUCKBLOAT. The Aprils Fool challenge replaces all bosses with The Bloat as a nod to this.
- The Bloat's eyeballs look slighty different than Peep's.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! The Bloat's Eye has the same collision radius as The Bloat itself, which results in the eye being difficult to dodge since the hitbox doesn't match up with the eye's visual size.
||Blighted Ovum • Dingle • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Fistula • Gemini • Gurglings • The Haunt • Larry Jr. • Monstro • Pin • Steven • Widow |
Dangle • Little Horn • Rag Man • Turdlings
||Carrion Queen • C.H.A.D. • Chub • Dark One • Gurdy • Gurdy Jr. • The Hollow • The Husk • Mega Fatty • Mega Maw • Peep • Pestilence • Polycephalus • The Wretched |
The Forsaken • The Frail • The Stain
Big Horn • Rag Mega
||The Adversary • The Bloat • The Cage • The Gate • Gish • Loki • Mask Of Infamy • Monstro II • War • Mom |
||Blastocyst • The Bloat • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Death • Lokii • Mama Gurdy • Mr. Fred • Scolex • Teratoma • Triachnid • Mom's Heart • It Lives |
Sisters Vis • The Matriarch
| Blue Womb
||Satan • Isaac|
||??? • The Lamb • Mega Satan|
| Greed Mode
|| Ultra Greed |
| The Void
|Chapters 1-4||The Fallen • The Headless Horseman|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|