Behavior[edit | edit source]
- The Bloat's eyes bounce around the room immediately at the start of the fight.
- Fires eight blood shots in all directions.
- Jumps into the air and tries to land on Isaac, leaving a small puddle of Red Creep and firing eight blood shots in all directions.
- Creates large puddles of Red Creep.
- Fires 2 BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period. lasers in front of him or to both sides of him, depending on the location of the player. This attack is not telegraphed.
Champion Variants[edit | edit source]
- Green: Fires three greenish Red IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth. projectiles instead of blood shots, and spawns two Chargers whenever he creates Red Creep.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Bloat as one of Delirium's forms.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The usual tactic is to stay behind The Bloat and dodge any projectiles he may shoot behind him. If he backs himself to the back wall, try to shoot him diagonally or wait for him to use another move before attempting to strike him sideways or from behind. Bombs are highly recommended to be used here if you are a new player.
- If you stay at his right or left, but not high enough, his brimstone-like attack will be fired, but it won't hit you. It is recommended to do so to get a few free hits.
- If you start the fight directly below him or to his left or right, move out of the way immediately to avoid getting hit by an immediate BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period. blast.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Bloat's eyes can be destroyed with Chaos CardThrows the card to kill anything in its path. Opens normal doors., EuthanasiaAdds a chance to fire needles. If a needle kills an enemy, it bursts into more needles., God's FleshTears now have a random chance to apply a shrinking effect, causing enemies to shrink in size and also run away from Isaac. Shrunk enemies can be crushed and killed by walking over them. or Little HornAdds a chance to fire a piercing tear that instantly kills any enemy that it touches., making the boss fight easier.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bloat was added in the Wrath of the Lamb DLC for the original The Binding of Isaac.
- Bloat is a medical condition in which the stomach becomes overstretched by excessive gas content.
- Corpses also bloat during decomposition due to the excessive build-up of gas-releasing bacteria. Due to being an undead version of Peep, this phenomenon could be what the Bloat’s name is referencing.
- The Bloat's eyeballs look slightly different than Peep's.
- The Aprils Fool challenge replaces all bosses with The Bloat as a reference to the exceptional hatred some fans express toward this boss.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! The Bloat's Eye has the same collision radius as The Bloat itself, which results in the eye being difficult to dodge since the hitbox doesn't match up with the eye's visual size.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|