From Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki
| The Bloat|
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- The Bloat's eyes bounce around the room immediately at the start of the fight.
- Jumps into the air and lands back on the ground, firing 8 blood shots in all directions.
- Creates large puddles of red creep.
- Fires 2 Brimstone lasers in front of him or to both sides of him, depending on the location of the player. This attack is not telegraphed.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The usual tactic is to stay behind The Bloat and dodge any projectiles he may shoot behind him. If he backs himself to the back wall, try to shoot him diagonally or wait for him to use another move before attempting to strike him side ways or from behind. Bombs are highly recommended to be used here if you are a new player.
- If you stay at his right or left, but not high enough, his brimstone-like attack will be fired, but it won't hit you, it is recommended to do so to get a few free hits.
- If you start the fight directly below him or to his left or right, take care to move out of the way immediately, to avoid getting hit by an immediate Brimstone blast.
Champion Variants[edit | edit source]
- Green: Fires three green Ipecac projectiles instead of blood shots, and spawns two Chargers whenever he creates creep. More dangerous than the regular Bloat as he can use his Ipecac projectiles to damage the character even when they are behind The Bloat.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Bloat's eyes can be destroyed with Chaos Card , Euthanasia or Little Horn , making the boss fight easier.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bloat is possibly named after the Melvins song of the same name, who are known as Edmund McMillen's favorite band.
- The Bloat is one of the most hated bosses by fans due to his very difficult to avoid attacks and lack of telegraphing his brimstone attack. He is hated so much, that there is an entire subreddit dedicated to hating him called r/FUCKBLOAT. The Aprils Fool challenge replaces all bosses with The Bloat as a nod to this.
- The Bloat's eyeballs look slighty different than Peep's.
- The Bloat's lower arms seem to have disappeared in the versus screen, but they are present in-game.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Bloat as one of Delirium's forms.
|Chapter 1|| Blighted Ovum • Dingle • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Fistula • Gemini • Gurdy Jr. • Gurglings • The Haunt • Larry Jr. • Monstro • Pin • Steven • Widow |
Dangle • Little Horn • Rag Man • Turdlings
|Chapter 2|| C.H.A.D. • Chub • Dark One • Gurdy • Gurdy Jr. • The Hollow • The Husk • Mega Fatty • Mega Maw • Peep • Pestilence • Polycephalus • Carrion Queen • The Wretched |
The Forsaken • The Frail • The Stain
Big Horn • Rag Mega
|Chapter 3|| The Adversary • The Bloat • The Cage • Carrion Queen • The Gate • Gish • Loki • Mask of Infamy • Monstro II • War • The Wretched • Mom |
|Chapter 4||Blastocyst • The Bloat • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Death • It Lives • Lokii • Mama Gurdy • Mom's Heart • Mr. Fred • Scolex • Teratoma • Triachnid|
|Chapter 5||The Fallen • Isaac • Satan|
|Chapter 6||??? • The Lamb • Mega Satan|
|Greed Mode|| Ultra Greed |
|Chapters 1-4||The Fallen • The Headless Horseman|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|