The Book of Belial
(Redirected from The Book Of Belial)
|(page 1, column 14, row 2)|
The Book of Belial is an activated item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Increases damage by 2 upon use for the current room.
- Guarantees the Devil Room or Angel Room to spawn after killing a boss while holding it.
- This item belongs to the BookwormRoughly 50% of the time, Isaac shoots an extra tear, like 20/20Grants double shot.. set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into Bookworm.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Judas starts with this item by default.
- The x1.5 damage multiplier does not stack with the x1.5 damage multiplier from Cricket's HeadIncreases damage by 0.5, and multiplies it by 1.5x. or Magic MushroomIncreases most stats, enlarges Isaac, grants a heart container and restores all health..
- The Book of Belial cannot open Devil Rooms in The Basement I / The Cellar I, nor in Chapter 5 and beyond, even though they can reached by other means (through the JokerTeleports you to the Devil Room or Angel Room. playing card, for example).
- Unlike Goat HeadA Devil Room / Angel Room Door will always spawn after every boss fight, excluding the first floor and floors after Utero II/Womb II., picking up The Book of Belial after killing the boss won't open the Devil/Angel Room Door.
- The damage bonus does not stack with multiple uses in a room, or with the tarot card XV - The Devil, which has the same effect.
- Switching items breaks the bonus damage effect.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Blood of the MartyrIncreases Damage by 1, and turns Isaac's tears into blood tears.: Causes The Book of Belial to apply a 1.5x damage multiplier on top of its normal effect.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Unused image for use animation. This sprite is closer to the one used in the original game, and is soon be used in the upcoming Repentance DLC.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Can still open Angel Rooms even though it is a satanic book.
- It is one of the four books in the Satanic Bible.
- Belial is a name used for Satan in some Jewish and Christian texts.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
- Anarchist CookbookSpawns six troll bombs around the room.
- The BibleUpon activation, Isaac gains flight, allowing him to pass over all obstacles in the current room. Instantly kills Mom, Mom's Heart, and It Lives when activated, but will kill Isaac when activated while fighting Satan.
- The Book of BelialUpon use increases damage by 2 for the current room and by a further +50% if the character also has the Blood of the Martyr.
Guarantees a Devil Room or Angel Room will be open after beating a boss while holding it, or increases the chance by 12.5%.
- Book of the DeadUpon use, spawns a friendly Bony or an orbital bone for each enemy killed in the current room.
- Book of RevelationsAdds 1 soul heart, increases the chance for a Devil or Angel Room to appear, and increases the chance for the next boss to be a Horseman (except on XL floors and floors with fixed bosses such as Mom).
- Book of SecretsUpon use, gives the effect of Treasure Map, The Compass, or Blue Map for the duration of the current floor.
- Book of ShadowsUpon use, creates a protective shield nullifying all types of damage for 10 seconds.
- The Book of SinSpawns a random pickup, pill, card, or trinket.
- How to JumpGives Isaac the ability to jump (over gaps, spikes, etc.).
- Monster ManualSummons a random familiar for the current room. Can summon familiars not yet unlocked.
- The NecronomiconDamages all enemies in the room significantly.
- Satanic BibleUpon activation, Isaac gains a black heart.
- Telepathy for DummiesUpon activation, grants homing tears for the current room.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|