The Book of Belial
Not to be confused with Satanic Bible.
The Book of Belial is an activated item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Upon activation, grants +2 Damage for the current room.
- Guarantees the Devil Room or Angel Room to spawn after killing a boss while holding it.
- This item belongs to the Bookworm set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into Bookworm.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Judas starts with this item by default.
- The damage bonus does not stack with multiple uses in the same room or with the tarot card XV - The Devil.
- While activated, switching items will end the bonus damage effect.
- Only guarantees Devil/Angel Rooms on floors that they can normally appear on, and, unlike Goat Head, picking up The Book of Belial after killing the boss will not open the Devil/Angel Room door.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Blood of the Martyr: Causes The Book of Belial to apply a 1.5x damage multiplier on top of its normal effect. This multiplier cannot stack with the same multipliers from Cricket's Head or Magic Mushroom.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Car Battery: No effect.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Unused image for use animation. This sprite is closer to the one used in the original game, and is soon be used in the upcoming Repentance DLC.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Can still open Angel Rooms even though it is a satanic book.
- It is one of the four books in the Satanic Bible.
- Belial is a name used for Satan in some Jewish and Christian texts.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
PC ZWQY MQ6C
Switch ZWC9 D2WY
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|