The Book of Belial
(page 1, column 14, row 2)
(page 1, column 4, row 4)
Not to be confused with Satanic Bible.
The Book of Belial is an activated item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Upon activation, grants +2 Damage for the current room.
- Guarantees the Devil Room or Angel Room to spawn after killing a boss while holding it.
- This item belongs to the Bookworm set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into Bookworm.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Judas starts with this item by default.
- The damage bonus does not stack with multiple uses in the same room or with the tarot card XV - The Devil.
- While activated, switching items will end the bonus damage effect.
- Only guarantees Devil/Angel Rooms on floors that they can normally appear on, and, unlike Goat Head, picking up The Book of Belial after killing the boss will not open the Devil/Angel Room door.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Blood of the Martyr: Causes The Book of Belial to apply a 1.5x damage multiplier on top of its normal effect. This multiplier cannot stack with the same multipliers from Cricket's Head or Magic Mushroom.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Unused image for use animation. This sprite is closer to the one used in the original game, and is soon be used in the upcoming Repentance DLC.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Can still open Angel Rooms even though it is a satanic book.
- It is one of the four books in the Satanic Bible.
- Belial is a name used for Satan in some Jewish and Christian texts.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|