The Book of Belial
|(page 1, column 14, row 2)|
Not to be confused with Satanic Bible.
The Book of Belial is an activated item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Increases damage by 2 upon use for the current room.
- Guarantees the Devil Room or Angel Room to spawn after killing a boss while holding it.
- This item belongs to the BookwormRoughly 50% of the time, Isaac shoots an extra tear, like 20/20. set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into Bookworm.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Judas starts with this item by default.
- The x1.5 damage multiplier does not stack with the x1.5 damage multiplier from Cricket's Head or Magic Mushroom.
- The Book of Belial cannot open Devil Rooms in The Basement I / The Cellar I, nor in Chapter 5 and beyond, even though they can be reached by other means (through the JokerTeleports you to the Devil Room or Angel Room. playing card, for example).
- Unlike Goat Head, picking up The Book of Belial after killing the boss won't open the Devil/Angel Room Door.
- The Book of Belial increases the chance of a Devil/Angel Room Door to spawn, while Goat Head forces open a door to said rooms permanently.
- The damage bonus does not stack with multiple uses in a room, or with the tarot card XV - The Devil, which has the same effect.
- Switching items break the bonus damage effect.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Blood of the Martyr: Causes The Book of Belial to apply a 1.5x damage multiplier on top of its normal effect.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Unused image for use animation. This sprite is closer to the one used in the original game, and is soon be used in the upcoming Repentance DLC.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Can still open Angel Rooms even though it is a satanic book.
- It is one of the four books in the Satanic Bible.
- Belial is a name used for Satan in some Jewish and Christian texts.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|