| 4 seconds|
| (page 3, column 13, line 5)
(page 4, column 3, line 4)
Boomerang is an activated item.
- Upon activation, Isaac raises the Boomerang above his head. Pressing a direction key will throw the boomerang, and it will return shortly afterwards.
- Enemies hit by the Boomerang will take double Isaac's current tear damage and be stunned for approximately 2 seconds.
- The Boomerang causes no damage when returning to Isaac.
- The Boomerang starts to recharge only after it has returned to Isaac.
- The Boomerang can grab pickups from afar.
- The Boomerang can be used to destroy dead shopkeepers in shops and secret rooms.
- If Isaac has low damage, the shopkeeper may not be destroyed and will instead flash red as if taking damage.
- The Boomerang can damage Host and Walking Host enemies even while under their shells.
- The Boomerang's range scales with Isaac's range.
- The Boomerang can hit and stun The Haunt or Lil' Haunts even when they are invincible.
- The Boomerang is unable to pick up sacks or Chests.
- With enough speed, it is possible to have two Boomerangs in the air at the same time.
- The Boomerang is a recurring item in the Legend of Zelda series. The icon used is the same one as in the first The Legend of Zelda game.
- This item is used in Challenge #26 (I RULE!).
3DS The icon of The Boomerang as seen on the lower 3DS screen