The Cage is a boss found in The Depths, and is the posthumous version of Mega Fatty. It appears to have lost its head, has an autopsy stitch, and has a pale greenish color. It has the highest health of any boss fought before Mom's Heart.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- It will jump up in the air and attempt to land on Isaac, similar to Mega Fatty.
- When it lands, it will spawn damaging Grey Creep and send out 5 lines of rock waves that slightly home in.
- It will send tears in a spiral, in six directions, similar to Mom's Heart.
- It will curl up in a ball and roll towards Isaac then bounce off the walls around the room.
- It will spawn a Vis to support itself in battle.
- While this spawned version has a unique coloration, it's otherwise the same as the normal version.
Champion Versions[edit | edit source]
- Pink: Two Cages, each with half health, replace the normal Cage. Never jumps on the player.
- Green: The Cage leaves puddles of Green Creep.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Cage as one of Delirium's forms.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The rocks that spike out of the ground after The Cage's jump attack are considered the same as explosions gamewise. This means that PyromaniacIsaac heals 1 heart instead of taking damage from an explosive source. Adds 5 bombs. will heal Isaac if he gets hit by the rocks.
- When The Cage jumps, there is a delay on him falling, causing Isaac to be hurt before the Cage falls back down.
- If Isaac is flying on Pits, The Cage can hit Isaac if he jumps towards him, and he will then be pushed back to the ground.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Although the Cage is a dead version of Mega Fatty, it also bears a lot of resemblances to a giant Vis as well, since it is a fat headless body with a giant cut in its belly. Another slight nod to their resemblance is also the Cage's ability to spawn Vis with a gray color palette.
- The stitches on the Cage's body resemble Y-shaped incisions commonly made at the start of an autopsy.
- Despite being a possible encounter before Mom, The Cage has more HP than her.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|