Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
The Cage is a boss found in The Depths, and is the posthumous version of Mega Fatty. It appears to have lost its head, has an autopsy stitch, and has a pale greenish color. It has the highest health of any boss fought before Mom's Heart.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- It will jump up in the air and attempt to land on Isaac, similar to Mega Fatty.
- When it lands, it will spawn damaging Grey Creep and send out 5 lines of rock waves that slightly home in.
- It will send tears in a spiral, in six directions, similar to Mom's Heart.
- It will curl up in a ball and roll towards Isaac then bounce off the walls around the room.
- It will spawn a Vis to support itself in battle.
- While this spawned version has a unique coloration, it's otherwise the same as the normal version.
Champion Versions[edit | edit source]
- Pink: Two Cages, each with half health, replace the normal Cage. Never jumps on the player.
- Green: The Cage leaves puddles of Green Creep.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Cage as one of Delirium's forms.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The rocks that spike out of the ground after The Cage's jump attack are considered the same as explosions gamewise. This means that PyromaniacIsaac heals 1 heart instead of taking damage from an explosive source. Adds 5 bombs. will heal Isaac if he gets hit by the rocks.
- When The Cage jumps, there is a delay on him falling, causing Isaac to be hurt before The Cage falls.
- If Isaac is flying on Pits, The Cage can hit Isaac if he jumps towards him, and he will then be pushed back to the ground.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Although the Cage is a dead version of Mega Fatty, it also bears a lot of resemblences to a giant Vis as well, since it is a fat headless body with a giant cut in its belly. Another slight nod to their resemblance is also the Cage's ability to spawn Vis with a gray color palette.
- The stitches on the Cage's body resemble Y-shaped incisions commonly made at the start of an autopsy.
- Despite being a possible encounter before Mom, The Cage has more HP than her.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|