| 4 seconds|
| (page 2, column 1, line 3)
(page 2, column 1, line 7)
| Donate 900 coins to the Donation MachineBlue Candle|
The Candle is an unlockable activated Item.
- On pressing a fire button, a blue flame projectile will fire in the chosen direction that deals significant damage to enemies and destroys enemy shots it comes in contact with, extinguishing itself after a fixed time of approximately two seconds.
- The flame deals 23 damage per damage tick.
- The average damage done by this item is about 115 with the maximum damage possible being 184.
- Upon activation, Isaac will raise the candle above his head, causing his movement speed to reduce.
- The flame is able to destroy shopkeepers.
- The flame projectile can pass over Pits, but can not travel through Rocks or Poop.
- 9 VoltReduces the charge of any Activated Items by 1. Any 1 charge items instead have timed recharges. has no effect on The Candle's recharge; the cooldown is 4 seconds regardless.
- 9 VoltReduces the charge of any Activated Items by 1. Any 1 charge items instead have timed recharges. now makes autocharging items start at half charge instead of empty, allowing quicker reuse.
- The Legend of Zelda, a major inspiration for The Binding of Isaac, also has a blue candle item that can be activated once per room to create flames for burning enemies and bushes, as well as lighting dark rooms. Unlike in Isaac however, the red candle is an upgrade of the blue one, which can be activated any number of times per room.
- The Red CandleThrows a persistent flame that deals high damage and diminishes as it damages enemies or blocks shots. is a variation of this item unlocked after donating 400 coins, diminishing on damage dealt instead of time.
- The Candle was an item in The Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb where it used to be the only auto-recharging item.
3DS The icon of The Candle as seen on the lower 3DS screen