Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|(page 2, column 1, row 3)|
|Donate 900 coins to the Donation MachineBlue Candle|
The Candle is an unlockable activated Item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- On pressing a fire button, a blue flame projectile will fire in the chosen direction that deals significant damage to enemies and destroys enemy shots it comes in contact with, extinguishing itself after a fixed time of approximately two seconds.
- The flame deals 23 damage per damage tick.
- The average damage done by this item is about 115 with the maximum damage possible being 184.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Upon activation, Isaac will raise the candle above his head, causing his movement speed to reduce.
- The flame is able to destroy shopkeepers.
- The flame projectile can pass over Pits, but can not travel through Rocks or Poop.
- 9 VoltReduces the charge of any Activated Items by 1. Any 1 charge items instead have timed recharges. has no effect on The Candle's recharge; the cooldown is 4 seconds regardless.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Legend of Zelda, a major inspiration for The Binding of Isaac, also has a blue candle item that can be activated once per room to create flames for burning enemies and bushes, as well as lighting dark rooms. Unlike in Isaac however, the red candle is an upgrade of the blue one, which can be activated any number of times per room.
- The Red CandleThrows a persistent flame that deals high damage and diminishes as it damages enemies or blocks shots. is a variation of this item unlocked after donating 400 coins, diminishing on damage dealt instead of time.
- The Candle was an item in The Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb where it used to be the only auto-recharging item.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Donation Machine Unlocks|
|Blue CandleDonate 900 coins to the Donation MachineBlue MapDonate 10 coins to the Donation MachineThere's OptionsDonate 50 coins to the Donation MachineBlack CandleDonate 150 coins to the Donation MachineRed CandleDonate 400 coins to the Donation MachineStop WatchDonate 999 coins to the Donation MachineStore Upgrade lv.1Donate 20 coins to the Donation MachineStore Upgrade lv.2Donate 100 coins to the Donation MachineStore Upgrade lv.3Donate 200 coins to the Donation MachineStore Upgrade lv.4Donate 600 coins to the Donation Machine
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|