The Common Cold
The Common Cold is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Adds a chance to shoot poison tears, dealing damage over time when inflicted.
- The poison randomly hits either 2 or 3 times, dealing a total of 4 or 6 damage.
- The poison hits twice, dealing a total of double Isaac's damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The chance for a tear to be poisoned depends on the Luck stat, and goes up to 100% at 12 Luck.
- Unlike ScorpioGrants poison tears, which deal damage over time when inflicted., The Common Cold will only inflict poison status when a poison tear is triggered and is therefore strictly inferior.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: The laser turns green and the poison effect sometimes applies to enemies.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Chance for tears and split tears to be poisonous. If the main tear is poisonous, the split tears are too.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired./ Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Chance for bombs/explosions to become poisonous like Bob's CurseGives 5 bombs and grants all bombs poison effect..
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: If a poison tear is fed, all burst tears are poisonous. If a normal tear is fed, the burst tears are not poisonous.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Tear occasionally becomes green and can poison enemies.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Poison effect applies sometimes.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Some of the tears in the tears cluster will be poisonous.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: The laser is green and the poison effect sometimes applies to enemies.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth./ ScorpioGrants poison tears, which deal damage over time when inflicted.: Overrides The Common Cold.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
PC[edit | edit source]
ANX3 VC3V (Adjacent Treasure Room)
Switch[edit | edit source]
KWFP J9MK (First Floor Treasure Room ; East from Start)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|