Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
The Common Cold
|(page 1, column 20, row 5)|
The Common Cold is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Adds a chance to shoot poison tears, dealing damage over time when inflicted.
- The poison randomly hits either 2 or 3 times, dealing a total of 4 or 6 damage.
- The poison hits twice, dealing a total of double Isaac's damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The chance for a tear to be poisoned depends on the Luck stat, and goes up to 100% at 12 Luck.
- Unlike ScorpioGrants poison tears, which deal damage over time when inflicted., The Common Cold will only inflict poison status when a poison tear is triggered and is therefore strictly inferior.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot./ The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: Increased chances for tears to be poisonous.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: The laser turns green and the poison effect sometimes applies to enemies.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Chance for tears and split tears to be poisonous. If the main tear is poisonous, the split tears are too.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired./ Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Chance for bombs/explosions to become poisonous like Bob's CurseGives 5 bombs and grants all bombs poison effect..
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: If a poison tear is fed, all burst tears are poisonous. If a normal tear is fed, the burst tears are not poisonous.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Tear occasionally becomes green and can poison enemies.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Poison effect applies sometimes.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Some of the tears in the tears cluster will be poisonous.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: The laser is green and the poison effect sometimes applies to enemies.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth./ ScorpioGrants poison tears, which deal damage over time when inflicted.: Overrides The Common Cold.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
PC[edit | edit source]
ANX3 VC3V (Adjacent Treasure Room)
Switch[edit | edit source]
KWFP J9MK (First Floor Treasure Room ; East from Start)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|