(Second floor, if a Joker card was used)
(Followed by Satan)
(With either another Fallen or Little Horn )
The Fallen is a boss that can appear as the boss of any floor before The Womb/ Utero/ Scarred Womb II, except for the first floor and The Depths/ Necropolis/ Dank Depths II (where a Mom fight is guaranteed). However, for The Fallen to appear as a boss, the player has to have been inside at least 1 Devil Room in the run (Using a Joker card will count to meet this prerequisite. Seeing a Devil Room door does NOT count). It also appears as the first phase of the Satan battle.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Fires 3 bullets then 4 bullets in a spread in quick succession towards Isaac.
- Growls and begins to chase Isaac. After taking a certain amount of damage, it will pause and fire a Brimstone laser in each cardinal direction.
- At 50% health, the Fallen will split in two smaller versions of itself. The clones that are created have the same attack pattern.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Instead of dropping an item from the boss pool, The Fallen will drop an item from the Devil Room item pool. They cost no heart containers to pick up. Devil Rooms can still spawn at the end of the boss fight.
- Rerolling the drop from The Fallen will reroll it to another item from the Devil Room pool.
- Prior to Afterbirth, this could only work if the player rerolled the item immediately after defeating The Fallen. If the player exited and re-entered the boss room, it would reroll to the regular boss pool.
- Charming effects are especially effective on this boss's second form. Causing one to Brimstone the other will kill them extremely quickly.
- Krampus uses similar attack patterns as The Fallen, with the exception that he doesn't perform the charge attack and he doesn't split upon death. Krampus's Brimstone beams may also rotate, or fire at a diagonal, or even both, unlike The Fallen's. When he’s about to perform a rotating Brimstone Beam attack, Krampus will make a short dash towards the player.
- The Fallen can appear on the first floor during a Victory Lap if a Devil Room was entered during the previous lap. Even more rarely, it is possible to encounter him on a normal run if the first level was rerolled with Forget Me Now or a 5-pip dice room after visiting the Devil Room with a Joker card or a Red Chest.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Fallen as one of Delirium's forms.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Fallen appeared in the Halloween Update for the original The Binding of Isaac.
- Under normal circumstances, the Fallen is one of three bosses (the other two being Conquest and The Headless Horseman) who drop or can drop active items upon defeat.
- The Fallen shares his name with a level from Edmund's previous game Super Meat Boy.
- Despite the first phase of The Fallen having a death animation before splitting into clones, the clones themselves don't have a death animation.
- Prior to Booster Pack #5, only Crusade would play when The Fallen appeared as Satan's first phase. As of the aforementioned Booster Pack, Cerebrum Dispersio also has a chance to play in this situation.
- This also applies to when the Angels were fought normally (by bombing the Angel statues).
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|