Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Shoots a ring of 10 giant blood shots which rotate in a circular pattern and expand outwards, similar to Mega Maw's fire attack.
- Shoots two rings of 6 blood shots which expand outwards and rotate in opposite directions.
- Shoots a ring of 10 straight blood shots in all directions.
- Spawns a Leaper.
- Fires a Brimstone laser that ends at the bottom of the room and homes in on all leapers in the room, if there are any. This kills the Leapers unless they are off-screen.
Champion Versions [edit | edit source]
- Black: Has 25% more HP (625) and spawns Big Spiders instead of leapers. The spiders can be tossed long distances towards the player. He does not use his Brimstone attack.
- Red: Has a completely different set of attacks, including:
- Fires 5 lines of 2-3 slow-moving homing purple shots.
- Fires 8 lines of 9 blood shots that spiral outwards.
- Fires 7 lines of 9 blood shots that pulsate outwards.
- Fires 8 lines of 9 blood shots that move outwards in a zigzag pattern.
- All the attacks of the red version do 1 heart of damage.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If The Gate is encountered in conjunction with other bosses, which can happen in Greed Mode and Boss Rush, the Brimstone laser will also hit the other bosses and enemies it spawns, damaging and possibly even killing them.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Upon death, a small Isaac head can be seen poking out of its corpse before it explodes.
- Two glowing white eyes can be seen in its mouth throughout the fight, which may also be the Isaac head.
- Despite being a posthumous version of Mega Maw, The Gate physically resembles a giant Host.
- The Gate is the only enemy that directly targets and kills off other enemies, using its Brimstone Beam against its Leapers and other enemies that happen to spawn to the bottom of it.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|