Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Shoots a ring of 10 giant blood shots which rotate in a circular pattern and expand outwards, similar to Mega Maw's fire attack.
- Shoots two rings of 6 blood shots which expand outwards and rotate in opposite directions.
- Shoots a ring of 10 straight blood shots in all directions.
- Spawns a Leaper.
- Fires a BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period. laser that ends at the bottom of the room and homes in on all leapers in the room, if there are any. This kills the leapers, unless they are off screen.
Champion versions[edit | edit source]
- Black: Spawns Big Spiders instead of leapers and can toss the spiders long distances towards the player. Does not use its Brimstone attack.
- Red: Has a completely different set of attacks, including:
- Fires 5 lines of slow-moving homing purple shots.
- Fires 8 lines of blood shots that spiral outwards.
- Fires 8 lines of blood shots that pulsate outwards.
- Fires 8 lines of blood shots that move outwards in a zigzag pattern.
- All the attacks of the red version do 1 heart of damage.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Gate as one of Delirium's forms.
The Gate's BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period. Attack.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If The Gate is encountered in conjunction with other bosses, which can happen in Greed Mode and Boss Rush, the BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period. laser will also hit the other bosses and enemies it spawns, damaging and possibly even killing them.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Upon death, a small Isaac head can be seen poking out of its corpse before it explodes.
- Two glowing white eyes can be seen in its mouth throughout the fight, which may also be the Isaac head.
- Despite being a posthumous version of Mega Maw, The Gate physically resembles a giant Host.
- The Gate is the only enemy that directly targets and kills off other enemies, using its Brimstone Beam against its Leapers and other enemies that happen to spawn to the bottom of it.
||Blighted Ovum • Dingle • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Fistula • Gemini • Gurglings • The Haunt • Larry Jr. • Monstro • Pin • Steven • Widow |
Dangle • Little Horn • Rag Man • Turdlings
||Carrion Queen • C.H.A.D. • Chub • Dark One • Gurdy • Gurdy Jr. • The Hollow • The Husk • Mega Fatty • Mega Maw • Peep • Pestilence • Polycephalus • The Wretched |
The Forsaken • The Frail • The Stain
Big Horn • Rag Mega
||The Adversary • The Bloat • The Cage • The Gate • Gish • Loki • Mask Of Infamy • Monstro II • War • Mom |
||Blastocyst • The Bloat • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Death • Lokii • Mama Gurdy • Mr. Fred • Scolex • Teratoma • Triachnid • Mom's Heart • It Lives |
Sisters Vis • The Matriarch
| Blue Womb
||Satan • Isaac|
||??? • The Lamb • Mega Satan|
| Greed Mode
|| Ultra Greed |
| The Void
|Chapters 1-4||The Fallen • The Headless Horseman|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|