Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
|(page 3, column 5, row 3)|
The Jar is an activated item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Isaac can store up to 4 extra red hearts in the jar if there are no remaining empty Heart Containers.
- When used, all hearts in the jar are dropped on the floor, rather than directly consuming them.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Red hearts are the only type of heart that can be stored. Blended Hearts do not count.
- If used in a Black Heart or Eternal Heart-containing Super Secret Room, it will spawn those types of hearts instead.
- If a whole red heart is picked up and Isaac only heals half a heart container, the other half is placed in the jar indicated by the jar number increasing by one. Despite the jar indicating that it picked up a whole red heart in this fashion, it will only drop half a red heart on use. When picking up a double red heart, the jar will also store the remainder not healed in the same way.
- Co-op babies, with the exception of Magnet Baby, cannot add hearts to the jar as they are unable to interact with pickups.
- The Jar will retain its hearts inside the Schoolbag, but the player cannot pick up more hearts while it is inside the Schoolbag.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Broken RemoteTriggers the Teleport effect whenever an activated item is used.: Allows for teleportation with no recharge; however, it drops the contained red hearts in the room it was used.
- Humbling BundleGives one extra pickup (1+1 Free version) of Red Hearts, pennies, bombs, and keys. Does not work with blue, black, and half red hearts, nickels, and dimes.: Allows for replicating hearts. Using the jar with 4 hearts inside it will cause 8 to drop, allowing you to create an infinite amount of red hearts.
- Maggy's BowGives one heart container and doubles the healing provided by red hearts.: One full heart pickup will fill the jar for two hearts, effectively granting renewable red hearts that can be used with the D20Rerolls all pickups in the current room. or transformed into special hearts with secret rooms.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Car BatteryCauses Isaac's activated item to activate twice on each use.: The Jar acts as usual, and doesn't double the hearts dropped upon activation.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Jar's icon is white-tinted in Afterbirth.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Jar's appearance before Booster Pack #5.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|