The Jar is an activated item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Isaac can store up to 4 extra red hearts in the jar if there are no remaining empty Heart Containers.
- When used, all hearts in the jar are dropped on the floor, rather than directly consuming them.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Soul Hearts and Black Hearts cannot be stored.
- If used in a Black Heart or Eternal Heart-containing Super Secret Room, it will spawn those types of hearts instead.
- If a whole red heart is picked up and Isaac only heals half a heart container, the other half is placed in the jar indicated by the jar number increasing by one. Despite the jar indicating that it picked up a whole red heart in this fashion, it will only drop half a red heart on use.
- If a half red heart is picked up and placed in the jar, the total heart number for the jar increases as though it collected a whole heart. Upon use, however, the half heart will not drop. If two half hearts are picked up and placed in the jar, they will count as one whole red heart and drop upon activation as normal.
- If the player holds the Schoolbag, any time the player switches from The Jar to their other active item, the amount of red hearts contained in The Jar will be dropped, but The Jar will still hold all collected hearts when switched back to, allowing for infinite red heart drops.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Broken RemoteTriggers the Teleport effect whenever an activated item is used. - Allows for teleportation with no recharge; however, it drops the contained red hearts in the room it was used.
- Humbling BundleGives one extra pickup (1+1 Free version) of Red Hearts, pennies, bombs, and keys. Does not work with blue, black, and half red hearts, nickels, and dimes. - Allows for replicating hearts. Using the jar with 4 hearts inside it will cause 8 to drop, allowing you to create an infinite amount of red hearts.
- Maggy's BowGives one heart container and doubles the healing provided by red hearts. - One full heart pickup will fill the jar for two hearts, effectively granting renewable red hearts that can be used with the D20Rerolls all pickups in the current room. or transformed into special hearts with secret rooms/ Dark BumSpawns a familiar that follows Isaac around and collects red hearts. For every one-and-a-half red hearts collected, Dark Bum will generate one soul heart, one hostile Spider or one friendly blue spider..
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Car BatteryCauses Isaac's activated item to activate twice on each use. - The Jar acts as usual, and doesn't double the hearts dropped upon activation.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Jar's icon is white-tinted in Afterbirth.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Jar's appearance before Booster Pack #5.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|