Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders...
The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth. [...]
Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying: “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, forever and ever!” [...]
I watched as the Lamb opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.
Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?”
- —Revelation 5:6, 5:13, and 6:12-17
The Lamb is the boss of the Dark Room, accessed by defeating Satan in Sheol while holding The Negative, which is always dropped by Mom after defeating Satan five times. It is the final boss of Ending 15.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Lamb is a two-part fight. The first phase transitions into the second phase when the boss reaches 50% health.
Phase 1[edit | edit source]
The Lamb has a variety of attacks in this phase:
- Fires three rotating lines of homing shots.
- Unleashes a scattershot of many small explosive shots randomly.
- Fires multiple rings of 10 shots, similar to Mom's Heart/It Lives.
- Shoots a semi-circular pattern around itself consisting of smaller, non-explosive shots that will split apart once they make contact with any surface, like The Parasite.
- Fires five rotating lines of non-explosive shots. Spawns Attack Flies during this attack.
- Fires a 3-way or a V shot that will consist of homing shots towards Isaac.
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
Once The Lamb reaches 50% health, it will fall to the ground and its head will detach from the body. This phase has each part of The Lamb attacking independently of each other; the head gains three attacks in addition to the attacks from Phase 1 while losing the explosive shot attack, while the body has only two attacks that will use at random intervals.
The Head's Attacks[edit | edit source]
The head of the Lamb can use any of the attacks from Phase 1 but now has three additional attacks and loses the explosive shot attack. It operates independently of the body and does not seem to change its behavior at all when the body is defeated.
- Charges extremely quickly directly towards the player, stopping at the edge of the room.
- Stops in place and fires four Brimstone beams in the cardinal directions. The beams may rotate either clockwise or counterclockwise.
- Fires a large burst of homing shots at the player, similar to the combination of Monstro's Lung and Spoon Bender.
The head will start moving again after each attack is finished.
The Body's Attacks[edit | edit source]
The body of the Lamb is stationary and will remain wherever the Lamb was at the end of Phase 1. It does not have any of the first Phase's attacks. The body will use its attacks at random intervals and does not seem to react to anything, though it will not attack while the head is attacking. It will attack in the same way regardless of whether or not the head is still alive, and does not seem to attack any more often, even if the player stands in its line of fire.
- Fires a large burst of projectiles at the player similar to a Monstro's Lung attack. They may look like explosive or homing projectiles, but they have no special effects whatsoever.
- Spawns up to 5 attack Attack Flies.
- If the head is defeated first, the body will be able to spawn up to 25 Attack Flies.
- When the body is killed, a Curse of Darkness effect will cover the entire floor for a significantly longer time than the effect that other bosses create.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Unlockable Items[edit | edit source]
Also, beating the Lamb with a particular character will unlock the Negative Completion Mark for that character.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Lamb can be reached before The Negative is unlocked if a Sacrifice Room is used 12 or more times.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The music that plays during this battle is titled The Fallen Angel.
- The Lamb is likely a reference to the name of the original Binding of Isaac's DLC expansion, "the Wrath of the Lamb". Due to the absence of any mention of a Lamb in the original game, this may be the character eponymous with The Wrath of the Lamb expansion pack.
- Jesus Christ is often referred to as "the Lamb" in the Bible, therefore it is possible that this boss represents Christ in some darker sense.
- The Vs. Screen introduction depicts the Lamb with solid Black bones, but in-game the Lamb has pure White bones.
- The Lamb shares his name with a level from Edmund's previous game Super Meat Boy.
- The Lamb is one of the three bosses that can dim the room (making a temporary Curse of Darkness effect). The other bosses are Dark One and The Adversary.
References[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|