|For the enemy with a similar name, see Mulligan.|
The Mulligan is a passive item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Tears have a 1/6 chance of spawning allied blue flies when they hit an enemy.
- This item belongs to the Beelzebub set. Collecting three items from the set will transform Isaac into a giant humanoid fly.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Because the Guppy transformation includes the guaranteed ability to spawn flies on hit, the Mulligan's effect is nullified. This means individual tears cannot spawn more than one fly per hit.
- This item does not work for Lilith since the IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects. tears do not count for her own tears.
- Items and trinkets that increase tear firing rate synergize well with the Mulligan.
- This item is not affected by Luck.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot./ The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: Increased chance to spawn flies.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Constantly spawns blue flies when attacking, however it doesn't work with Azazel's brimstone and spawns flies like regular tears.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle.: Split tears have a chance of spawning flies when hitting enemies.
- Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Has an 1/6 chance to spawn a fly on every hit by a split shot. Boosts the spawning of flies immensely.
- Finger!Spawns a finger familiar that points at enemies, dealing constant damage. : Rapidly spawns blue flies when pointed at an enemy.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Firing explosive shots occasionally spawns flies.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Holding tear over enemies will occasionally spawn flies.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Every tear in tear barrage has a chance to spawn flies. Flies are spawned more often.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Spawns flies frequently.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Firing lasers occasionally spawns flies.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Firing beams occasionally spawns flies.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide a fixed range after being fired.: Overrides The Mulligan.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Overrides The Mulligan.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Flies only have a chance to spawn if the knife is stationary.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is used in Challenge #18 (The Host).
Seeds[edit | edit source]
KFHZ WYPL (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
D9KX QEV7 (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
3NQS 7PG8 (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
- SkatoleAll types of fly except Boom Fly and Red Boom Fly become passive and slowly move towards Isaac. Does not prevent contact damage.
- Halo of FliesSpawns two pretty fly familiars that block enemy shots and deal contact damage to enemies.
- Distant AdmirationA red attack fly circles further out than the Halo of Flies / Pretty Flies, but closer than Forever Alone. Deals more damage than Forever Alone.
- Forever AloneSpawns a blue attack fly that orbits a long distance from Isaac.
- Infestation1-3 Blue flies randomly spawn every time Isaac gets hit.
- The MulliganTears have a 1/6 chance of spawning allied blue flies when they hit an enemy.
- Hive MindIncreases the size of blue spiders and Blue Flies and doubles the amount of damage they deal.
- Smart FlyAfter Isaac takes damage, this fly will deal continuous touch damage to whatever enemy caused the damage until it is dead. The fly will then systematically attack 1 enemy at a time until the room is cleared.
- BBFSpawns a familiar that flies around the room in a manner similar to the Boom Fly and explodes on contact with an enemy. Respawns after ten seconds.
- Best BudWhen hit, summons a white attack fly similar to Distant Admiration for the current room.
- Big FanSpawns a large orbital familiar that blocks enemy projectiles and deals slight contact damage to enemies.
- ???'s Only FriendSummons a big attack fly that can be controlled with the shooting direction-keys.
- Friend ZoneA white orbiting fly which deals 3 contact damage per tick to enemies. This familiar orbits Isaac at a middle length distance somewhere between Distant Admiration and Forever Alone.
- Lost FlyA familiar fly that moves in a straight line and attaches itself to the first obstacle or wall it comes into contact with in each room. If any enemies walk into its path, it will deal 7 contact damage per tick. If the obstacle it is attached to is destroyed then it will continue rolling in the direction it was previously travelling until it meets another wall or obstacle.
- Obsessed FanA purple fly familiar that follows Isaac's movements on a 3 second delay and deals contact damage to enemies.
- Papa FlyA blue fly familiar follows Isaac's movements on a 3 second delay. Papa Fly will fire tears at nearby enemies.
- Jar of FliesEvery time Isaac kills an enemy, a fly will be added to the jar, up to a maximum of 20. Using the Jar of Flies will release all the flies that are currently in the jar as friendly blue flies that will damage enemies.
- Angry FlySpawns a fly familiar that orbits around a random enemy and deals 5 damage per tick to enemies it comes in contact with.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|