From Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki
The Necronomicon is an unlockable activated item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Inflicts 40 damage to every enemy in the room.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Many collectibles will produce effects similar to the Necronomicon, such as depleting a black heart or blocking projectiles with Dry Baby
Spawns a familiar that follows Isaac around and blocks enemy projectiles. Upon blocking a shot, it has a chance of triggering The Necronomicon effect.
- The Necronomicon deals a considerable amount of damage to bosses that have multiple damageable parts, e.g. Larry Jr. and The Hollow.
- This item also deals high enough damage to instantly kill most non-boss enemies.
- This item counts toward the Bookworm transformation, allowing Isaac to shoot double tears occasionally.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A Missing Page
and Missing Page 2
5% chance to induce The Necronomicon's effect upon taking damage.
are both references to missing pages of the Necronomicon appearing in Evil Dead.
Gives 1 black heart. Upon taking damage that reduces Isaac's health to one heart or less, activates The Necronomicon effect, dealing 40 damage to all enemies in the room.
- Which, in turn, is a reference to the Necronomicon, a fictional grimoire appearing in the works of horror writer H.P. Lovecraft.
- The Book is bound in human skin, which explains the face on its cover.
- The face on the cover is a reference to The Evil Dead franchise, which has the same face on its Necronomicon.
- The Bible
Upon activation, Isaac gains flight, allowing him to pass over all obstacles in the current room. Instantly kills Mom, Mom's Heart, and It Lives when activated, but will kill Isaac when activated while fighting Satan.
- The Book of Belial
Upon use increases damage by 2 for the current room and by a further +50% if the character also has the Blood of the Martyr.
Guarantees a Devil Room or Angel Room will be open after beating a boss while holding it, or increases the chance by 12.5%.
- The Necronomicon
Damages all enemies in the room significantly.
- Book of Shadows
Upon use, creates a protective shield nullifying all types of damage for 10 seconds.
- Anarchist Cookbook
Spawns six troll bombs around the room.
- Book of Revelations
Adds 1 soul heart, increases the chance for a Devil or Angel Room to appear, and increases the chance for the next boss to be a Horseman (except on XL floors and floors with fixed bosses such as Mom).
- The Book of Sin
Spawns a random pickup, pill, card, or trinket.
- Monster Manual
Summons a random familiar for the current room. Can summon familiars not yet unlocked.
- Telepathy for Dummies
Upon activation, grants homing tears for the current room.
- How to Jump
Gives Isaac the ability to jump (over gaps, spikes, etc.).
- Book of Secrets
Upon use, gives the effect of Treasure Map, The Compass, or Blue Map for the duration of the current floor.
- Satanic Bible
Upon activation, Isaac gains a black heart.
- Book of the Dead
Upon use, spawns a charmed Bony or an orbital bone for each enemy killed in the current room.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|