Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
|(page 1, column 15, row 2)|
|Use XIII - Death 4 timesThe Necronomicon|
The Necronomicon is an unlockable activated item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Inflicts 40 damage to every enemy in the room.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Many collectibles will produce effects similar to the Necronomicon, such as depleting a black heart or blocking projectiles with Dry BabySpawns a familiar that follows Isaac around and blocks enemy projectiles. Upon blocking a shot, it has a chance of triggering The Necronomicon effect..
- The Necronomicon deals a considerable amount of damage to bosses that have multiple damageable parts, e.g. Larry Jr. and The Hollow.
- This item also deals high enough damage to instantly kill most non-boss enemies.
- This item counts toward the Bookworm transformation, allowing Isaac to shoot double tears occasionally.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A Missing Page5% chance to induce The Necronomicon's effect upon taking damage. and Missing Page 2Gives 1 black heart. Upon taking damage that reduces Isaac's health to one heart or less, activates The Necronomicon effect, dealing 40 damage to all enemies in the room. are both references to missing pages of the Necronomicon appearing in Evil Dead.
- Which, in turn, is a reference to the Necronomicon, a fictional grimoire appearing in the works of horror writer H.P. Lovecraft.
- The Book is bound in human skin, which explains the face on its cover.
- The face on the cover is a reference to The Evil Dead franchise, which has the same face on its Necronomicon.
- Anarchist CookbookSpawns six troll bombs around the room.
- The BibleUpon activation, Isaac gains flight, allowing him to pass over all obstacles in the current room. Instantly kills Mom, Mom's Heart, and It Lives when activated, but will kill Isaac when activated while fighting Satan.
- The Book of BelialUpon use increases damage by 2 for the current room and by a further +50% if the character also has the Blood of the Martyr.
Guarantees a Devil Room or Angel Room will be open after beating a boss while holding it, or increases the chance by 12.5%.
- Book of the DeadUpon use, spawns a friendly Bony or an orbital bone for each enemy killed in the current room.
- Book of RevelationsAdds 1 soul heart, increases the chance for a Devil or Angel Room to appear, and increases the chance for the next boss to be a Horseman (except on XL floors and floors with fixed bosses such as Mom).
- Book of SecretsUpon use, gives the effect of Treasure Map, The Compass, or Blue Map for the duration of the current floor.
- Book of ShadowsUpon use, creates a protective shield nullifying all types of damage for 10 seconds.
- The Book of SinSpawns a random pickup, pill, card, or trinket.
- How to JumpGives Isaac the ability to jump (over gaps, spikes, etc.).
- Monster ManualSummons a random familiar for the current room. Can summon familiars not yet unlocked.
- The NecronomiconDamages all enemies in the room significantly.
- Satanic BibleUpon activation, Isaac gains a black heart.
- Telepathy for DummiesUpon activation, grants homing tears for the current room.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|