Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
|(page 3, column 3, row 5)|
|Defeat Satan 5 timesThe Negative|
The Negative is an unlockable passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- If the character has half a red heart or no red hearts after taking damage, it triggers The NecronomiconDamages all enemies in the room significantly. effect, damaging all enemies in the room.
- Allows entrance into the Dark Room after beating Satan in Sheol by touching the chest.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This item is a guaranteed drop from Mom alongside The PolaroidIf the character has half a red heart or no red hearts after taking damage, it triggers the Book Of Shadows effect, creating a shield that nullifies all types of damage for 5 seconds. Also allows entrance into The Chest., provided they are unlocked. However, they are mutually exclusive: Once one of them is picked up, the other one will disappear.
- With the use of a teleportation item and either a 5 pip Dice Room or a Forget Me NowWhen activated, the level ends and is freshly regenerated with new rooms, monsters, and items. Disappears after use., both The Polaroid and The Negative or multiple copies of The Polaroid or The Negative can be obtained.
- The Negative always triggers when taking damage as characters who lack heart containers, such as Azazel (by default), ??? (permanently), or any other character who has chosen to trade away their heart containers in deals with the Devil, Black Markets, or with Guppy's PawRemoves one red heart container in exchange for gaining 3 Soul Hearts. or Potato PeelerRemoves a heart container, increases damage and range, and grants a Cube of Meat..
- The Negative will be the rightmost item after defeating Mom, in case Curse of the Blind is active.
- It is possible to obtain two Negatives by obtaining one as an Eden starting item.
- Obtaining multiple copies of The Negative does not cause its effect to stack.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Negative allows access to the Dark Room, which is also the name of a room used to develop photos.
- A negative is a piece of film that's been used to take a picture but hasn't been developed into a finished picture. A negative has inverted hues as well as inverted lightness.
- Because of the instant nature of Polaroid film versus regular film, however, one would usually never see the Negative of a Polaroid and a dark room would not be required to develop one, which calls into question its relation to The PolaroidIf the character has half a red heart or no red hearts after taking damage, it triggers the Book Of Shadows effect, creating a shield that nullifies all types of damage for 5 seconds. Also allows entrance into The Chest.. However, this could probably explain the fact that both items can't be picked up together in a run (unless Forget Me NowWhen activated, the level ends and is freshly regenerated with new rooms, monsters, and items. Disappears after use. or a 5-pip Dice Room is used).
|JudasDefeat Satan for the 1st timeMom's KnifeDefeat Satan as IsaacThe RazorDefeat Satan as EveGuardian AngelDefeat Satan as MagdaleneA Bag of BombsDefeat Satan as CainForget Me NowDefeat Satan as ???Blood RightsDefeat Satan as SamsonJudas' TongueDefeat Satan as JudasThe NegativeDefeat Satan 5 timesBroken AnkhDefeat Satan as LazarusBook of SecretsDefeat Satan as EdenDaemon's TailDefeat Satan as AzazelThe MindDefeat Satan as The Lost||Serpent's KissDefeat Satan as LilithKeeper holds Store KeyDefeat Satan as KeeperI RULE!Defeat ??? or The Lamb for the 1st time, and defeat Satan as Isaac||Locust of PestilenceDefeat Satan as ApollyonPointy RibDefeat Satan as The Forgotten|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|