The Parasite is an unlockable passive item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Tears split into two tears on impact with obstacles or enemies.
- The split tears deal 50% of Isaac's normal tear damage.
- If one of those split tears hits an obstacle or enemy, it will split again and deal 25% of Isaac's normal tear damage.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot./ Cursed EyeGrants charged tears that can be fired in a tight burst of four. Getting hit while charging will teleport Isaac into another room./ The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: All tears split into burst tears.
- Angelic PrismGrants a prism orbital with a large orbital radius. Tears that pass through the prism split into four multi-colored tears.: All tears split by the prism will burst into split tears when hitting obstacles.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle.: Both tear split effects happen simultaneously.
- Continuum+2.25 Range Up. +1.5 Tear Height. Isaac's tears travel through walls and appear out of the opposite wall. Isaac's tears also travel over rocks and objects./Spectral Tears: When tears pass through solid objects, like rocks, they will split, resulting in many tears shooting out from every rock the original tear passed through.
- Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's.: Two groups of this item's four tears, creating eight additional miniature tears on every point of impact instead.
- Flat StoneTears bounce off the floor. Tears that hit an enemy after bouncing deal splash damage to all nearby enemies for 25% of Isaac's tear damage.: Every time tears bounce, burst tears spawn.
- Homing Tears: The split tears will be more likely to hit enemies.
- Jacob's LadderTears fire sparks of electricity in random directions upon hitting an obstacle or enemy.: Each split creates an electrical burst.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Fed tears split into 12 tears. When tears are minimally fed and hit an obstacle, they will split into 5 Lachryphagy burst tears and Parasite burst tears.
- Lead PencilAfter every 15 tears fired, Isaac will fire a high-damage cluster of tears./ Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: All tears in tear barrage will burst into split tears when hitting obstacles or enemies.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Repeatedly spawns miniature tears when on top of an enemy, greatly increasing damage.
- Piercing Tears: Split tears form for each hit as the tears pass through the enemies.
- Sad Bombs+5 Bombs. Upon exploding, bombs shoot 8 tears off in every direction, similar to Tammy's Head. The tears are affected by any tear modifiers Isaac has on his own tears.: After bombs explode, all tears burst into split tears if they hit obstacles.
- Technology ZeroConnects Isaac's tears with electricity that can damage enemies.: Split tears are connected via electricity both to each other and tears nearby.
- Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop.: The split tears will continue to orbit Isaac, increasing damage potential.
- Tractor BeamIsaac emits a beam from his face. Isaac's tears travel in the path of the beam.: The split tears will be forced directly forward, impacting whatever caused the first tear to split. This increases damage immensely.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: When beams hit obstacles, the beam will split; the split beams can split again when hitting other obstacles.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Bob's Rotten HeadUpon use, Isaac holds a poison bomb which can be thrown towards any of the four cardinal points and explodes on impact.: Two further explosions appear perpendicular to the head's direction of travel when it blows up.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Overrides The Parasite.
- DiplopiaDuplicates all pickups and item pedestals in the room.: No effect.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide a fixed range after being fired.: Bombs turn orange and with no other effect.
- Bombs split into two bombs upon detonation.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Overrides The Parasite.
- EuthanasiaAdds a chance to fire needles. If a needle kills an enemy, it bursts into more needles.: Both regular tears and Parasite split tears have a chance to deal triple damage, kill normally unkillable enemies, and cause enemies to burst into tears.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: The Ipecac tear will spawn two smaller explosive tears when it collides with a solid object, but not with an enemy. These tears can spawn tears on their own as well, potentially leading to huge chain reactions. Having Host HatA host familiar that sits on Isaac's head and has a random chance to block enemy shots and retaliate with 3 tears. Grants immunity to explosions. or PyromaniacIsaac heals 1 heart instead of taking damage from an explosive source. Adds 5 bombs. is strongly recommended.
- Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.: Drastically decreases range making it less likely for tears to split. The stone will not split.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Knife turns orange with no other effect.
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.: Tears only split when hitting enemies and no longer off the wall or most obstacles.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Overrides The Parasite.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Overrides The Parasite.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mega Satan shoots brown tears that split like this item does.
- This item could be a reference to the anime/manga “Parasyte: The Maxim”.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
FR6X 2BGZ (Adjacent to spawn)
XX1T QXN1 (Adjacent to spawn)
NZ7X G61B (First treasure room)
7NN1 6CZS (Starting item as Eden) (Normal Mode)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|