Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
|(page 1, column 1, row 6)|
|Pick up any 2 of the following items in a single run: Bob's Rotten Head, Dead Cat, Cricket's Head, Tammy's Head|
The Parasite is an unlockable passive item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Tears that deal more than 1.0 damage split into two tears with half damage and half remaining range on impact with obstacles or enemies.
- Damage less than 1.0 causes the tears to simply disappear.
- The splitting can keep up as long as the tears have range remaining and the damage of the split tears stays above 0.5.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Angelic Prism: All tears split by the prism will burst into split tears when hitting obstacles.
- Bob's Rotten Head: Two further explosions appear perpendicular to the head's direction of travel when it blows up.
- Compound Fracture: Both tear split effects happen simultaneously.
- Continuum/Spectral Tears: When tears pass through solid objects, like rocks, they will split, resulting in many tears shooting out from every rock the original tear passed through.
- Cricket's Body: Two groups of this item's four tears, creating eight additional miniature tears on every point of impact instead.
- Dr. Fetus: Bombs split into two bombs upon detonation.
- Flat Stone: Every time tears bounce, burst tears spawn.
- Lachryphagy: Fed tears split into 12 tears. When tears are minimally fed and hit an obstacle, they will split into 5 Lachryphagy burst tears and Parasite burst tears.
- Lead Pencil/ Monstro's Lung: All tears in tear barrage will burst into split tears when hitting obstacles or enemies.
- The Ludovico Technique: Repeatedly spawns miniature tears when on top of an enemy, greatly increasing damage.
- Piercing Tears: Split tears form for each hit as the tears pass through the enemies.
- Tiny Planet: The split tears will continue to orbit Isaac, increasing damage potential.
- Tractor Beam: The split tears will be forced directly forward, impacting whatever caused the first tear to split. This increases damage immensely.
- Trisagion: When beams hit obstacles, the beam will split; the split beams can split again when hitting other obstacles.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Brimstone: Overrides The Parasite.
- Diplopia: No effect.
- Dr. Fetus: Bombs turn orange and with no other effect.
- Epic Fetus: Overrides The Parasite.
- Ipecac: The Ipecac tear will spawn two smaller explosive tears when it collides with a solid object, but not with an enemy. These tears can spawn tears on their own as well, potentially leading to huge chain reactions. Having Host Hat or Pyromaniac is strongly recommended.
- Kidney Stone: Drastically decreases range making it less likely for tears to split. The stone will not split.
- Mom's Knife: Knife turns orange with no other effect.
- Rubber Cement: Tears only split when hitting enemies and no longer off the wall or most obstacles.
- Soy Milk: Without any damage increases, Soy Milk tears deal under 1.0 damage and cannot split until the situation is rectified with other items.
- Technology: Overrides The Parasite.
- Tech X: Overrides The Parasite.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
FR6X 2BGZ (Adjacent to spawn)
ZF2M AQ7K (Adjacent to spawn)
XX1T QXN1 (Adjacent to spawn)
NZ7X G61B (First treasure room)
7NN1 6CZS (Starting item as Eden) (Normal Mode)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|