The Small Rock
From Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki
The Small Rock is an unlockable passive item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- With Afterbirth †, the speed and tears changes will take effect immediately; without it, they will not immediately change until Isaac's speed or tears stats are updated the next time.
- The rock normally only appears once per run but can appear again if Isaac's items are re-rolled with the D4
Rerolls all of Isaac's items.
, or a Dice Room.
Upon use, rerolls all passive items on Isaac like the D4, every pedestal item in the room like The D6, and every pickup like the D20.
- The rock may also appear twice in the same floor if the player does not pick it up the first time encountered, and then bombs another rock to get it again. However, while the Speed down and Tears up stack, the Damage does not.
- Taking the rock in the Boss Rush from a tinted rock in the room will count as taking an item and consequently trigger Boss Rush.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item could be a reference to the Bible: John 8:7 as it says: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone[...]".
- It could also be a reference to the Biblical story of David and Goliath, as David lobbed a small rock at Goliath's forehead (hence the item location on Isaac), instantly killing him.
- In the original Binding of Isaac, the player's tears would take on a grey color after Small Rock has been picked up. In Rebirth, however, the tears will be red.
- Also possibly referencing the result of rough play that some children go through.
- This item is used in Challenge #3 (Head Trauma).
Seeds[edit | edit source]
X830 RRFL (The Tinted Rock in the room below)
F4GJ 7ZHK (The Tinted Rock in the room before the boss room)
SFE6 QGF9 (Tinted Rock to left of spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|