Each room in this chapter takes the form of a different chapter, ranging from The Basement to The Chest and Dark Room, including variant chapters like The Cellar and Burning Basement. The Void is extremely large compared to other floors, and it is the only floor in the game (not counting XL floors) to contain multiple boss rooms. One of them contains a random final boss, another contains Delirium, and the others contain random bosses from other floors.
Access[edit | edit source]
The Void is unlocked by defeating Hush. After defeating Hush at least once, a new exit will appear in the upper right hand corner of the 2x2 boss room in which Hush was fought. The new room contains nothing except for a Portal. It does not spawn enemies and serves as the entrance to The Void (the animation shows it trying to suck Isaac in but it's only visual).
After unlocking The Void, the portal can then appear after every major boss starting with Mom, even if Hush was not defeated in that run.
The deeper the boss, the higher the spawning chance:
- 5% after Mom (Only if Isaac has 10+ tear damage or 20+ items)
- 10% after Mom's Heart/It Lives
- 15% after Isaac or Satan
- 20% after ??? or The Lamb
- 50% after Mega Satan (If the portal appears, the run will not end instantly like it normally does)
- Defeating Hush will still guarantee entrance to The Void. However, the portal might not appear again if the player goes to the next floor.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The portal can appear multiple times during a single run.
- Although the Portal leading to The Void may not appear after defeating Hush for the first time, leaving and re-entering Hush's room will make it appear.
- After beating Mega Satan, there is a 50% chance the Void portal will appear with a chest instead of ending the run. Jumping into the chest will end the run normally.
- If the portal spawns below the character's position after defeating a boss, he will immediately enter The Void.
- Jumping into a trapdoor will reset The Void, an effect identical to Forget Me NowWhen activated, the level ends and is freshly regenerated with new rooms, monsters, and items. Disappears after use.. This is useful if it has already been explored everything but need to clear more rooms to acquire health items before the final fight. The trapdoors must be found under rocks, as We Need to Go Deeper!Creates a trapdoor to go to the next floor. If used in The Womb, it will create a trapdoor to Sheol, even if the player hasn't unlocked it. and EhwazCreates a trapdoor leading to the next floor. Has an estimated 1/12 (8%) chance to spawn a door to a Crawl Space instead. won't work.
- Similarly, going to an I AM ERROR Room in The Void allows Isaac to reset the floor, so teleport items like UndefinedTeleports Isaac to either the Secret Room, Super Secret Room, Treasure Room, or I AM ERROR. can let Isaac repeat The Void multiple times.
Bosses[edit | edit source]
This floor contains multiple boss rooms, only one of which will contain Delirium. The other boss rooms contain previous bosses, including "final" bosses such as ???, The Lamb, or Mom, but not Mega Satan or Hush.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Delirium's boss room is a 2x2 room but appears as a 1x1 room on the minimap.
- Items awarded from defeating bosses in The Void can be from any item pool.
- Since The Void has multiple boss rooms, using IV - The EmperorTeleports Isaac into the Boss Room of a floor. will teleport Isaac to one of them randomly.
- Defeating a final boss in The Void that is not Delirium will not give a Completion Mark of that boss and will not unlock the respective item.
Locating Delirium[edit | edit source]
Main article: The Void/Locating Delirium
- To locate boss rooms which will most likely contain Delirium, Isaac must look at the boss rooms on the map:
- Try to find a boss room that would not be connected to other rooms if it was a 2x2 room. If it would connect, it is impossible for the room to contain Delirium.
- Remember that the boundaries of the map are at a maximum of 13x13 squares. If a 2x2 boss room would extend past those boundaries, that room cannot contain Delirium.
- By knowing which boss rooms cannot contain Delirium, Isaac can safely enter certain boss rooms in order to gather items before fighting Delirium, or not enter these boss rooms knowing that Delirium is not there.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is implied that the different forms (floors from chapters 1 to 6) of this floor are just Isaac's hallucinations, as the Void's icon on the progress bar (after advancing to the next floor) is a red vortex, and the "floor" graphic (below the player character and bosses in "VS" screens) is red as well.
- On Isaac's last will, The Void is referred to as "some dying memory".
- Occasionally, there will be a static distortion and the background and objects of the room may change to those of other chapters.
- Mom's Heart can still spawn as a boss, even if it is replaced with It Lives on a normal playthrough.
- In Afterbirth+, The Void is the only floor that can be cleared indefinitely with UndefinedTeleports Isaac to either the Secret Room, Super Secret Room, Treasure Room, or I AM ERROR. (or Teleport 2.0 plus The Battery or a guaranteed Little Battery drop).
- The chances of champion enemies spawning in The Void is much higher than in any other floor, and they will never drop any of their assigned drops.
- The Void can be entered in Greed Mode by entering "stage 8" in the Debug Console. The rooms have random backdrops and the music is the same as The Void in regular mode, but the boss is Ultra Greed and will drop the Final Boss Chest. Entering the chest will play the final ending instead of End 18 or 19.
- If Mr. Fred appears as a boss, his room will be displayed on the map as a 1x1 room.
Music[edit | edit source]
The music that plays in The Void is titled Terminus.
- The music appears to be a remix of boss themes, Genesis 22:10 (title screen), The Basement, and Burning Basement themes.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Chance = 1 - (1-0.10)(1-0.15)(1-0.20) = 1 - 0.9*0.85*0.80 = 0.388
|Fart BabyDefeat Hush as IsaacPurityDefeat Hush as MagdaleneD12Defeat Hush as CainBetrayalDefeat Hush as JudasFate's RewardDefeat Hush as ???AthameDefeat Hush as EveBlind RageDefeat Hush as SamsonMaw of the VoidDefeat Hush as AzazelEmpty VesselDefeat Hush as LazarusEden's BlessingDefeat Hush as EdenSworn ProtectorDefeat Hush as The LostIncubusDefeat Hush as LilithKeeper now holds... A Penny!Defeat Hush as Keeper||HushyDefeat Hush as ApollyonNew AreaDefeat Hush for the 1st timeHallowed GroundDefeat Hush as The Forgotten|
|Chapter 1||Chapter 2||Chapter 3||Chapter 4||Optional||Chapter 5||Chapter 6||Endgame|
|The Basement||The Caves||The Depths||The Womb|
|The Cellar||The Catacombs||Necropolis||Utero||???||The Void|
|Burning Basement||Flooded Caves||Dank Depths||Scarred Womb|
|The Basement||The Caves||The Depths||The Womb||Sheol||The Shop||Ultra Greed|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|