The Wafer is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- All damage taken is reduced to half a heart.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The damage reduction includes every possible source in the game that would cause more than half a heart of damage:
- The player's bombs and other bombs.
- Sacrifice Rooms.
- Environmental hazards such as Spikes.
- Self-inflicting damage items: Sharp Plug, Blood Rights, Razor Blade, Kamikaze! and Breath of Life.
- Every source of damage in The Womb/Utero and beyond, including all enemies, curse rooms, blood donation machines, and Devil Beggars.
- The "HARD HARD" special seed.
- The Wafer does not prevent death (even if the player has more than half a heart) by using the Suicide King card or using the Bible on the Satan boss fight.
- It also cannot prevent health loss from Devil Room deals or Health Down pills.
- Despite The Wafer reducing damage to 1/2 a heart, this does not change the amount of invincibility frames the player would normally get from full/two heart damage sources.
- It will not work with Keeper as he cannot have half of a health coin.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the original Binding of Isaac, "resistance" in the pickup quote was misspelled as "resistence". This was corrected in Rebirth.
- A wafer is a thin cake made of flour and is used in Christianity for various purposes, including the sacrament of the Eucharist, in which believers consume the body (represented by sacramental bread) and blood (represented by sacramental wine) of Jesus Christ.
- In the original Binding of Isaac, The Wafer required an unlock, by beating Mom's Heart seven times.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
AZSP HEP1 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn) (normal mode only [?])
NYLR X9XP (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn) (normal mode only)
MBHT QSMT (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn) (normal mode only [?])
RPQP M6EM (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn) (normal mode only)
9DHR CZWH (Treasure Room, go up in spawn)
WFEP 7WQ8 (Treasure Room generated adjacent to spawn).
WPKJ T14L (First Treasure Room, right from starting point)
7N0B PBNY (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn) (Hard mode only)
NGH8 1YKP (First Treasure Room, right from starting point)
J39E HB4T (Treasure Room Above Spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|