Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Tough Love is a passive item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Adds a chance to shoot a tooth instead of a tear, which deals greater damage (x3.2) than regular tears.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The chance to fire a tooth depends on the luck stat. At base luck (0), the chance is 10%. It goes up to 100% at 9 luck (around 10% more chance per luck up).
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Overridden by Brimstone.
- Occasionally fires Brimstone beam with damage multiplier of Tough Love.
- Fire MindGrants flaming tears that deal burning damage over time. Tears have a chance to explode on impact with an enemy, which creates a fire at the location of the explosion.: Adds flaming effect to the teeth, but without the chance of exploding.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Overridden by Mom's Knife.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's.: Teeth will split into 4 smaller teeth.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Bombs explode with the increased blast damage and radius of Mr. MegaGives Isaac 5 bombs, and makes all dropped bombs larger, which have an increased blast radius and increased damage..
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Teeth explode with the increased blast damage of Mr. MegaGives Isaac 5 bombs, and makes all dropped bombs larger, which have an increased blast radius and increased damage..
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
WQVF HG7V (First floor treasure room)
ZNHL AJ8K (First floor treasure room)
Z0ZB KE22 (First floor treasure room)
SGKP 3D9S (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|