Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
|(page 3, column 5, row 6)|
Toxic Shock is a passive item added in the Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth expansion.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Upon entering a room, all enemies are poisoned, dealing double Isaac's tear damage and also creating a green fog for the first few seconds of the room.
- Killing enemies leaves a small, short lasting pool of green creep on the ground.
- The creep deals 1 damage per tick or 30 damage per second.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- High tear damage will cause this item to become very powerful for rooms with a lot of enemies, since they can die instantly and render the room harmless.
- Enemies which spawn after the first few seconds of each room are not affected by this item, e.g. Flies spawned from a Mulligan dying.
- The poison effect only activates upon entering a room and not at the start of a wave. In Boss Rush and most of Greed Mode, the item will not poison enemies.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Its sprite is a recolor of ContagionThe first enemy killed in a room explodes and poisons nearby enemies. Poisoned enemies will also explode upon death..
- Toxic Shock is a rare, but extremely serious and deadly condition caused by Staphylococcus Aureus bacteria releasing toxins in the bloodstream.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
MS6L 43MM (First floor treasure room) (Hard Mode Only)
0DMW R92S (First floor treasure room)
E3ER VEGE (First floor treasure room) (Both modes)
7YV6 DDJ1 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)