Tractor Beam is a passive item added in the Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth expansion.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- A beam appears directly in front of Isaac in the direction that his head is facing. Isaac's tears travel in the path of the beam.
- When Isaac moves or turns his head, tears that are mid-flight will snap to the beam.
- +0.5 Tears up.
- +5.25 Range up.
- +0.16 Shot speed.
- +0.5 Tear height.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot.: Both tears are fired along the beam.
- Anti-Gravity-2 Tear Delay. Tears float in position until firing ceases, after which they will fly off in the direction they were shot in.: Tears that are still hovering can be pushed in the direction Isaac is aiming by walking into them.
- Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's.: All splash tears will follow the beam, effectively tripling damage.
- Conjoined transformation: The 2 split shots will instead follow the beam, making it easier to hit enemies with. Essentially increases DPS.
- Continuum+2.25 Range Up. +1.5 Tear Height. Isaac's tears travel through walls and appear out of the opposite wall. Isaac's tears also travel over rocks and objects.: The tears will re-appear directly in front of Isaac after leaving the room.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide a fixed range after being fired.: After firing a bomb and moving, the bomb will have a homing-style effect towards the beam, but will not stay directly on the beam.
- EpiphoraShooting in one direction increases Isaac's rate of fire until the cap is reached. As soon as Isaac changes direction or stops shooting, rate of fire is reset to its normal amount.: When shooting in the same direction, Isaac's fire rate will gradually increase. Tears stay on the beam.
- ExplosivoIsaac's tears have a chance to stick to enemies and explode.: Explosivo's tears will become "entangled" when sticking on an enemy, causing them to jump from the tractor beam to the enemy and vice versa every frame. The tear will explode only once either at the beam or the enemy.
- Flat StoneTears bounce off the floor. Tears that hit an enemy after bouncing deal splash damage to all nearby enemies for 25% of Isaac's tear damage.: Tears will bounce as they follow the beam.
- Homing Tears: The tears will stay in the line but slow down at the monsters location.
- The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears.: All three tears follow the beam, overlapping each other, making it easier to hit the same enemy with all of them. This effect also applies to the Keeper.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: The Ipecac tear will always travel forwards along the beam, even if Isaac is moving forward as well. This makes it less likely for Isaac to get damaged by his own tear.
- Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.: Tear barrage and stone will follow the beam.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Tears can still be fed and will still burst. Burst tears will travel along the beam.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Teleports the knife when aiming in a different direction after you shot the knife.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: All tears are fired along the beam, but at different heights.
- Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: All four tears follow the beam, overlapping each other, making it easier to hit the same enemy with all of them
- The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: All splash tears will follow the beam. If combined with 20/20Grants double shot., will result in absurdly strong knockback, capable of pushing almost any boss away with incredible force.
- Pop!Replaces Isaac's tears with eyeballs that can bounce off of each other. The eyeballs are not limited by range, and will instead dissipate when they stop moving or when hitting an enemy or obstacle.: Tears stick along the tractor beam even when they slow down and collide, capable of creating a dense line of shots.
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.: Tears will follow the beam until they bounce off of something, then they will leave the beam.
- SprinklerUpon use, spawns a sprinkler that rotates and fires tears.: Tears fired by the sprinkler will follow Isaac's beam, increasing damage output.
- Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop.: The tears will no longer orbit Isaac, but still gain the range increase and spectral tears.
- The WizTears simultaneously fire out of both eyes diagonally, similar to the effect of the R U A Wizard? pill. Isaac's tears also travel above all obstacles.: The tears still follow the beam, passing over obstacles.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Analog Stick+0.3 tears up. Allows Isaac to fire tears diagonally.: Tears cannot be fired diagonally; however, stat effects apply.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Overridden by Brimstone.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Overridden by Epic Fetus.
- EuthanasiaAdds a chance to fire needles. If a needle kills an enemy, it bursts into more needles.: Needles fired will follow beam; however, burst needles will not.
- GuillotineIsaac's head is removed from his body and floats around him. Increases Damage by 1 and grants -1 Tear Delay.: The beam will visually follow Isaac's head as it orbits, but tears will still stay centered relative to Isaac's body.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Fired tears will travel along the beam; however, the burst tears will not.
- Hook WormTears move shifting left to right forming a path of right angles. +10 to Range (effective range remains about the same).: The beam overrides the worm's tear movement effect, but keeps the +10 range.
- IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects.: The Incubus tears isn't affected by the beam, but the beam will still be there.
- Lead PencilAfter every 15 tears fired, Isaac will fire a high-damage cluster of tears.: Tears fired will follow beam; however, tear barrage will not follow the beam.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Overridden by The Ludovico Technique.
- MarkedIsaac will now fire tears automatically directed at a red target on the ground which is controlled by the player. This allows for a full 360 degree tear firing radius. Can be overridden by other tear modifiers such as Mom's Knife or Brimstone.: Tears will not fire diagonally; only up, down, left, or right based on where Marked is on floor.
- Multidimensional BabySpawns a familiar that will follow Isaac's movements on a 2.5 second delay. Tears that pass through the baby will be doubled and increase in speed.: The beam only affects the "original" tears, not the duplicate ones (in other words, half of the split tears follow the beam)
- My ReflectionGives Isaac's tears a boomerang effect, and increases range and shot speed.: Tears travel a short distance, then return to Isaac, before travelling away from Isaac and then disappear while remaining in the beam.
- Tammy's HeadShoots 10 tears in a circle around Isaac, which retain the damage, shot speed, and special effects (such as poison) of Isaac's tears.: Tractor Beam has no effect on the tears created by Tammy's Head.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Overridden by Tech X.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Overridden by Technology.
- Varicose VeinsTaking damage releases a ring of 10 high damage tears.: When Isaac is damaged, the ten tears that fire will not follow the beam.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This item prevents the player from firing tears at angles using momentum.
- The primary effect is not applied for Azazel and Lilith, although they can still profit from the increased Tear rate.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a reference to tractor beams in science fiction, often depicted as beams of energy that can be used to move objects.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
9333 LT34 - Treasure room adjacent to spawn on normal, to the west on hard
2J1M 978K - Treasure room below to spawn on normal
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|