Tractor Beam is a passive item added in the Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth expansion.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- A beam appears directly in front of Isaac in the direction that his head is facing. Isaac's tears travel in the path of the beam.
- When Isaac moves or turns his head, tears that are mid-flight will snap to the beam.
- +0.5 Tears up.
- +5.25 Range up.
- +0.16 Shot speed.
- +0.5 Tear height.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This item prevents the player from firing tears at angles using momentum.
- The primary effect is not applied for Azazel and Lilith, although they can still profit from the increased Tear rate.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Anti-Gravity: Tears that are still hovering can be pushed in the direction Isaac is aiming by walking into them.
- Cricket's Body: All splash tears will follow the beam, effectively tripling damage.
- Conjoined transformation: The 2 split shots will instead follow the beam, making it easier to hit enemies with. Essentially increases DPS.
- Continuum: The tears will re-appear directly in front of Isaac after leaving the room.
- Dr. Fetus: After firing a bomb and moving, the bomb will have a homing-style effect towards the beam, but will not stay directly on the beam.
- Explosivo: Explosivo's tears will become "entangled" when sticking on an enemy, causing them to jump from the tractor beam to the enemy and vice versa every frame. The tear will explode only once either at the beam or the enemy.
- Homing Tears: The tears will stay in the line but slow down at the location of the monster.
- Kidney Stone: Tear barrage and stone will follow the beam.
- Lachryphagy: Tears can still be fed and will still burst. Burst tears will travel along the beam.
- Mom's Knife: Teleports the knife when aiming in a different direction after you shot the knife.
- Monstro's Lung: All tears are fired along the beam but at different heights.
- Ouroboros WormTears travel in a large spiral pattern and become spectral.: The tears follow a straight path, ignoring the spiral pattern, the tears also stall at a specific point giving a greater chance to land tears.
- The Parasite: All splash tears will follow the beam. If combined with 20/20 will result in absurdly strong knockback, capable of pushing almost any boss away with incredible force.
- Pop!: Tears stick along the tractor beam even when they slow down and collide, capable of creating a dense line of shots.
- Rubber Cement: Tears will follow the beam until they bounce off of something, then they will leave the beam.
- Sprinkler: Tears fired by the sprinkler will follow Isaac's beam, increasing damage output.
- Tiny Planet: The tears will no longer orbit Isaac, but still gain the range increase and spectral tears.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Analog Stick: Tears cannot be fired diagonally; however, stat effects apply.
- Brimstone: Overridden by Brimstone.
- Epic Fetus: Overridden by Epic Fetus.
- Euthanasia: Needles fired will follow beam; however, burst needles will not.
- Guillotine: The beam will visually follow Isaac's head as it orbits, but tears will still stay centered relative to Isaac's body.
- Haemolacria: Fired tears will travel along the beam; however, the burst tears will not.
- Hook WormTears move shifting left to right forming a path of right angles. +10 to Range (effective range remains about the same).: The beam overrides the worm's tear movement effect, but keeps the +10 range.
- Incubus: The Incubus tears aren't affected by the beam, but the beam will still be there.
- Incubus + Monstro's Lung: Incubus's tear barrage will follow the beam.
- Lead Pencil: Tears fired will follow beam; however, tear barrage will not follow the beam.
- The Ludovico Technique: Overridden by The Ludovico Technique.
- Marked: Tears will only fire in cardinal directions.
- Multidimensional Baby: The beam only affects the "original" tears, not the duplicate ones (in other words, half of the split tears follow the beam)
- Tammy's Head: Tractor Beam does not affect the tears created by Tammy's Head.
- Tech X: Overridden by Tech X.
- Technology: Overridden by Technology.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a reference to tractor beams in science fiction, often depicted as beams of energy that can be used to move objects.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
9333 LT34 Treasure room adjacent to spawn on normal, to the west on hard
2J1M 978K Treasure room below to spawn on normal
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|