|Guppy||Beelzebub||Super Bum||Yes Mother?||Bob||Fun Guy||Leviathan|| Conjoined |
|Spun||Seraphim||Oh Crap||Bookworm||Spider Baby||Adult||Stompy|
Transformations alter Isaac's appearance and grant him special abilities.
A transformation occurs when obtaining at least three collectibles from a particular set of items.
These collectibles always share a particular theme that corresponds with the transformation.
Transformation sets[edit | edit source]
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth[edit | edit source]
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth[edit | edit source]
|| Bob's Rotten HeadUpon use, Isaac holds a poison bomb which can be thrown towards any of the four cardinal points and explodes on impact.|
Bob's BrainSpawns a familiar that charges forward when shooting tears and explodes upon contact with an enemy, damaging and poisoning them. The familiar respawns after a few seconds.
Bob's CurseGives 5 bombs and grants all bombs poison effect.
IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.
|Conjoined|| Brother BobbyFollows Isaac around shooting normal tears.|
Harlequin BabySpawns a familiar that follows Isaac around and fires two tears at once in a V-pattern.
Headless BabyFamiliar that follows Isaac, leaving blood creep on the ground.
Little StevenSpawns a familiar that follows Isaac around and fires homing tears.
Mongo BabySummons a familiar that copies the tears of Isaac's other familiars.
Rotten BabyA familiar that spawns blue flies.
Sister MaggyA familiar that follows Isaac around shooting blood tears.
|| 1up!Gives an extra life. Upon death, you will respawn in the previous room with full health and lose the 1up!.|
Blue CapGrants 1 heart container and increases tears, but decreases shot speed.
God's FleshTears now have a random chance to apply a shrinking effect, causing enemies to shrink in size and also run away from Isaac. Shrunk enemies can be crushed and killed by walking over them.
Magic MushroomIncreases all stats and enlargens Isaac.
Mini MushIncreases Speed and Shot Height and decreases Isaac's size, but lowers Range.
Odd MushroomGrants an empty heart container. Increases damage, range and shot height while reducing speed.
Odd Mushroom+1.7 tears, +0.3 speed, reduces damage.
|Leviathan|| The NailAdds one soul heart and allows the breaking of rocks and damaging enemies by simply walking over them. Increases damage and decreases speed. All effects except for the Soul Heart wear off upon leaving the room.|
AbaddonIncreases damage and speed, removes all red heart containers, grants six black hearts, and adds a chance to shoot fear tears.
BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.
The MarkIncreases Damage and Speed, plus adds one Soul Heart.
Maw of the Void+1.0 Damage Up. After continuously firing tears for 2.5 seconds, a red cross appears on Isaac's head that, upon releasing the fire button, creates a black ring that rapidly deals damage equal to Isaac's tear damage to any enemies in contact with it.
The PactIncreases damage by 0.5, tears by 0.7 and grants two soul hearts upon pickup.
PentagramIncreases damage and increases the chance for a Devil or Angel Room to appear.
Spirit of the NightGrants spectral tears and flight.
|Oh Crap|| Flush!Changes all enemies in the room into poop. Does not work on all enemies (Knights and bosses are immune). Instantly kills Dingle, Dangle, and Brownie.|
The PoopSpawns a pile of poop where the character is standing and knocks nearby monsters back. May yield pickups like regular poop.
E ColiGives "Turdy Touch" Effect. Enemies that touch Isaac are changed into poop.
|Seraphim|| The BibleUpon activation, Isaac gains flight, allowing him to pass over all obstacles in the current room. Instantly kills Mom, Mom's Heart, and It Lives when activated, but will kill Isaac when activated while fighting Satan.|
Dead DoveGrants spectral tears and flight.
Guardian AngelSpawns an orbital familiar that blocks enemy projectiles, deals contact damage to enemies, and increases the speed of all orbital familiars.
The HaloGrants one Heart Container, +0.3 Damage, +0.2 Tears, +0.25 Range, +0.3 Speed, and +0.5 Tear Height.
Holy GrailGrants flight and one heart container.
Holy MantleAutomatically negates first taken damage in every room.
MitreGrants a chance of converting any red hearts pickups into soul hearts instead.
RosaryAdds 3 Soul Hearts and increases the chance for The Bible to appear in any item pool.
Sworn ProtectorAn orbital angel which does 7 contact damage per tick and blocks enemy shots. Upon blocking 10 shots in a room it drops an eternal heart.
|Spun|| AdrenalineIncreases damage based on how many empty heart containers Isaac has.|
EuthanasiaAdds a chance to fire needles. If a needle kills an enemy, it bursts into more needles.
Experimental TreatmentRandomly increases and decreases some of the character's stats. There will always be at least one stat increase and one decrease and the same stats can be increased/decreased multiple times.
Growth HormonesIncreases damage by 1 and speed by 0.4.
Roid RageIncreases speed by 0.6, range by 5.25, and tear height by 0.5.
Speed BallIncreases speed by 0.3 and shot speed by 20%.
SynthoilIncreases damage by 1, range by 5.25, and tear height by 0.5.
The VirusInflicts poison to enemies who make contact with Isaac. Speed down.
|| Mom's Bottle of PillsGives Isaac a random pill, and will cause him to drop any held Q-slot item (If any). The player will only receive six different pill types in one playthrough.|
Mom's BraUpon use, petrifies all enemies in the current room for approximately 4 seconds.
Mom's PadUpon use, inflicts fear to all enemies in the room for 5 seconds.
Mom's ShovelSpawns a trapdoor that leads to the next floor upon activation. Unlocks The Forgotten when used on a mound of dirt that appears in The Dark Room.
Mom's Coin PurseSpawns 4 random pills around Isaac.
Mom's ContactsAdds a chance to shoot petrifying tears, which stop enemies in place and prevent them from moving or attacking. Range up.
Mom's EyeAllows Isaac to fire tears from the back of his head.
Mom's EyeshadowTears have a chance to charm enemies.
Mom's HeelsIncreases range.
Mom's KeySpawns 2 keys. Generates additional pickups from chests.
Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.
Mom's LipstickIncreases range and shot height.
Mom's Pearls+1.25 Range Up. +0.5 Tear Height. +1 Luck Up.
Mom's PerfumeAdds a chance to shoot fear tears and decreases tear delay by 1.
Mom's PurseAllows Isaac to hold 1 additional trinket.
Mom's RazorSpawns an orbiting razor that damages enemies it touches and inflicts bleeding on enemies, causing them to slowly take damage over time.
Mom's UnderwearIncreases range.
Mom's WigAdds a chance to spawn blue spiders when firing tears. Restores 1 red heart.
|Super Bum|| Bum FriendA portable beggar who follows Isaac, picks up coins for himself, and occasionally drops a pickup after collecting a coin. Does not spawn collectibles.|
Dark BumSpawns a familiar that follows Isaac around and collects red hearts. For every one-and-a-half red hearts collected, Dark Bum will generate one soul heart, one hostile Spider or one friendly blue spider.
Key BumSpawns a portable key master that follows Isaac and collects keys, giving random chests in return.
- 1: Image depicts the familiar. This transformation does not alter Isaac's appearance.
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †[edit | edit source]
|| Anarchist CookbookSpawns six troll bombs around the room.|
The BibleUpon activation, Isaac gains flight, allowing him to pass over all obstacles in the current room. Instantly kills Mom, Mom's Heart, and It Lives when activated, but will kill Isaac when activated while fighting Satan.
The Book of BelialUpon use increases damage by 2 for the current room and by a further +50% if the character also has the Blood of the Martyr.
Guarantees a Devil Room or Angel Room will be open after beating a boss while holding it, or increases the chance by 12.5%.
Book of RevelationsAdds 1 soul heart, increases the chance for a Devil or Angel Room to appear, and increases the chance for the next boss to be a Horseman (except on XL floors and floors with fixed bosses such as Mom).
Book of SecretsUpon use, gives the effect of Treasure Map, The Compass, or Blue Map for the duration of the current floor.
Book of ShadowsUpon use, creates a protective shield nullifying all types of damage for 10 seconds.
The Book of SinSpawns a random pickup, pill, card, or trinket.
Book of the DeadUpon use, spawns a charmed Bony or an orbital bone for each enemy killed in the current room.
How to JumpGives Isaac the ability to jump (over gaps, spikes, etc.).
The NecronomiconDamages all enemies in the room significantly.
Monster ManualSummons a random familiar for the current room. Can summon familiars not yet unlocked.
Satanic BibleUpon activation, Isaac gains a black heart.
Telepathy for DummiesUpon activation, grants homing tears for the current room.
|| Box of SpidersSummons 2-4 blue spiders.|
Spider ButtDamages all enemies in the room and slows them and their projectiles down.
Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.
Spider BabyWhen hit, spawns up to 2 blue spiders.
Spider BiteAdds a chance to shoot slowing tears, reducing speed of enemy movement and any projectile fired by them.
Spider ModDisplays Isaac's tear damage and enemy health bars. Spawns a gray spider familiar that wanders around and inflicts a random status effect on any enemies it comes into contact with. Occasionally spawns a blue spider upon clearing a room.
||3 X Puberty pill|
|| LeoAllows you to crush rocks when you walk over them.|
Magic MushroomIncreases all stats and enlargens Isaac.
One Makes You Larger pill
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Activated items (e.g. Guppy's HeadSpawns 2-4 blue flies to damage enemies.) only need to be touched in order to count. Keeping them, or even activating them once, is not required.
- Rerolling items with a dice room, the D4Rerolls all of Isaac's items., or the D100Upon use, rerolls all passive items on Isaac like the D4, every pedestal item in the room like The D6, and every pickup like the D20. will not remove progress towards the transformation.
- Transformations can be combined with each other, keeping the effects of any and all transformations with no effects overriding others.
- Transforming into Beelzebub for the first time will unlock the Lord of the Flies achievement and Angry FlySpawns a fly familiar that orbits around a random enemy and deals 5 damage per tick to enemies it comes in contact with..
- Since none of the Afterbirth transformations unlock an achievement or item, attaining them is not required for 100% completion of the game in terms of achievements. However, this is only true if you unlocked Mom's ContactsAdds a chance to shoot petrifying tears, which stop enemies in place and prevent them from moving or attacking. Range up. on Rebirth, as the Yes Mother? transformation will happen once you collect three Mom items on Afterbirth and Afterbirth † .
- Many of the Afterbirth transformations override the charge animations of items such as Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro. and BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period., potentially making them more difficult to use.
- There is now an option to show a charge bar that floats above Isaac.
- Familiars gained from Cambion ConceptionAfter taking damage a certain amount of times, a permanent demonic familiar spawns. or Immaculate ConceptionUpon picking up a certain amount of health, spawn a permanent angelic familiar. do not count towards transformation progress.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There are two transformations in the base game, nine more in the Afterbirth DLC, and four more in the Afterbirth † DLC.
- In the original The Binding of Isaac flash game, the transformation into Guppy was the only one available, making it chronologically the first.
- The Eternal Edition of the original The Binding of Isaac game added another transformation that turned Isaac into an angel after gaining 7 heart containers from eternal hearts.
- Rebirth introduced Beelzebub as the chronologically second transformation.
- The original name for the Beelzebub transformation was Lord of the Flies.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|