|Guppy||Beelzebub||Super Bum||Yes Mother?||Bob||Fun Guy||Leviathan|| Conjoined |
|Spun||Seraphim||Oh Crap||Bookworm||Spider Baby||Adult||Stompy|
Transformations alter Isaac's appearance and grant him special abilities.
A transformation occurs when obtaining at least three collectibles from a particular set of items.
These collectibles always share a particular theme that corresponds with the transformation.
Transformation sets[edit | edit source]
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth[edit | edit source]
|Beelzebub|| Jar of Flies|
???'s Only Friend
Halo of Flies
|Guppy|| Guppy's Head|
Guppy's Hair Ball
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth[edit | edit source]
|| Bob's Rotten Head|
|Conjoined|| Brother Bobby|
|Leviathan|| The Nail|
Maw of the Void
Spirit of the Night
|Oh Crap|| Flush!|
|Seraphim|| The Bible|
|| Mom's Bottle of Pills|
Mom's Coin Purse
|Super Bum|| Bum Friend|
- 1: Image depicts the familiar. This transformation does not alter Isaac's appearance.
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †[edit | edit source]
|| Anarchist Cookbook|
The Book of Belial
Book of Revelations
Book of Secrets
Book of Shadows
The Book of Sin
Book of the Dead
How to Jump
Telepathy for Dummies
|| Box of Spiders|
|| 3 X Puberty pill|
One Makes You Larger pill
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Activated items (e.g. Guppy's Head
) only need to be touched in order to count. Keeping them, or even activating them once, is not required.
Spawns 2-4 blue flies to damage enemies.
- Rerolling items with a dice room, the D4
, or the D100
Rerolls all of Isaac's items.
will not remove progress towards the transformation.
Upon use, rerolls all passive items on Isaac like the D4, every pedestal item in the room like The D6, and every pickup like the D20.
- Transformations can be combined with each other, keeping the effects of any and all transformations with no effects overriding others.
- Transforming into Beelzebub for the first time will unlock the Lord of the Flies achievement.
- Since none of the Afterbirth transformations unlock an achievement or item, attaining them is not required for 100% completion of the game in terms of achievements.
- Many of the Afterbirth transformations override the charge animations of items such as Monstro's Lung
Increases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.
, potentially making them more difficult to use.
Tears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.
- There is now an option to show a charge bar that floats above Isaac.
- Familiars gained from Cambion Conception
or Immaculate Conception
After taking damage a certain amount of times, a permanent demonic familiar spawns.
do not count towards transformation progress.
Upon picking up a certain amount of health, spawn a permanent angelic familiar.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There are two transformations in the base game, nine more in the Afterbirth DLC, and four more in the Afterbirth † DLC.
- In the original The Binding of Isaac flash game, the transformation into Guppy was the only one available, making it chronologically the first.
- The Eternal Edition of the original The Binding of Isaac game added another transformation that turned Isaac into an angel after gaining 7 heart containers from eternal hearts.
- Rebirth introduced Beelzebub as the chronologically second transformation.
- The original name for the Beelzebub transformation was Lord of the Flies.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|